Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-23-2012, 07:05 PM   #85
10RsCamaro
Slow v6

Drives: Automatic Automobile
Send a message via Skype™ to 10RsCamaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixCyl View Post
If I contributed to a fight I apologize for that.
Nope, just wanting to keep it civil between vendors here. Oh and yes, this weekend is a track day. Going to run with my current mods, then going for a dyno hopefully mid next week, worst case the end. Stay tuned with the updates
10RsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:31 PM   #86
BNRacing

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE, 2019 Camaro 2.0
Quote:
Not to hijack the thread, in fact I think this brings some more competition into the fray, but BNRacing I just saw your Trifecta sale. I am...so....tempted...

For everyone else here is the link, this is a great sale! http://store.badnewsracing.net/Trife...3112_p_92.html

I would still receive lifetime tunes right? Extra for FI/nitrous and free for bolt ons?
That is 100% correct
BNRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:35 PM   #87
BNRacing

I do want to apologize if it came off like I was calling out IPF or something. Like I stated before I support the community not any particular vendor. I don't work for Trifecta or anything. I will say that I'm willing to pay for dyno time for any LLT car in south FL or that is willing to drive to south FL to put the car on the dyno and test Trifecta VS. IPF just to see what happens. If you live up north, by all means go see Tracy and hop on his dyno, but if that seems to far to drive from south florida, lets get an IPF car to come see me and we will throw in a free trifecta tune and free dyno time to get some real solid results. I work with HPLogic down here and I can get us unlimited time on a mustang dyno. I'd also be willing to meet up at Palm Beach International Raceway to do a 1/4 mile comparison of the tunes with the same car on the same day.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:26 PM   #88
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNRacing View Post
I do want to apologize if it came off like I was calling out IPF or something. Like I stated before I support the community not any particular vendor. I don't work for Trifecta or anything. I will say that I'm willing to pay for dyno time for any LLT car in south FL or that is willing to drive to south FL to put the car on the dyno and test Trifecta VS. IPF just to see what happens. If you live up north, by all means go see Tracy and hop on his dyno, but if that seems to far to drive from south florida, lets get an IPF car to come see me and we will throw in a free trifecta tune and free dyno time to get some real solid results. I work with HPLogic down here and I can get us unlimited time on a mustang dyno. I'd also be willing to meet up at Palm Beach International Raceway to do a 1/4 mile comparison of the tunes with the same car on the same day.
I would love to see this! Someone please submit to this! This is for the great community not for no damn vendor battle. If we could get support from IPF regardless the system or parts or past drama's it would be amazing and competitive business wise.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:40 PM   #89
SixCyl

Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM V6
Quote:
That is 100% correct
Quote:
Awesome, andI live in Melbourne, FL. How south we talking?
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

art/ärt/Noun. Definition: 5th generation Camaro.
SixCyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:13 AM   #90
BNRacing

Palm Beach
Old 11-24-2012, 02:31 AM   #91
Jaime068
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS RJT
Quote:
Palm Beach
Wish I had the tune :/ im only 45mins away lol
Old 11-24-2012, 02:42 AM   #92
Untouchable Keeve

Drives: 2011 1LT
Well IPF offers a money back guarantee, so if you have some extra change, pick one up, dyno it see where it goes from there.
Untouchable Keeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:06 AM   #93
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
IPF compared to Trifecta

Heres a deal, I have a donated tune available from IPF, I have a LLT vehicle that is stock available (not mine) 2011 RS Auto car I believe, I have a dyno that is available in Boca Raton, now if Trifecta will donate a tune we can get a real side by side comparison done. Base line dyno, load IPF, re dyno, swap back to stock and then load trifecta and dyno. To be fair, I will be sure same operating temps are maintained before each run. Thy Dyno is a mustang dyno. Heck, GM High Tech may even do a short article (no guarantee of that)

So lets get it done Trifecta, will you participate and donate a tune...

Last edited by sycraft; 11-24-2012 at 06:55 AM.
sycraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:56 AM   #94
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
I just do t get it. How one tune be 13hp and the other be 40 hp? That's frigging crazzy. I can't be leave Vince couldn't get more hp but IPF did. Yea three times the hp.
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:38 AM   #95
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy 3 View Post
I just do t get it. How one tune be 13hp and the other be 40 hp? That's frigging crazzy. I can't be leave Vince couldn't get more hp but IPF did. Yea three times the hp.
Two company's making two tunes for two different computers. It gets blurred a lot which is which so the hardest to tune computer and tune are being put head up. Trifecta as much as I hate the delay's has more than 13hp. That was what it was left at as advertised before they got banned. I know of someone who is testing tunes now for them on a LLT. And it's looking good. the results won't be the same for every car also. And I don't know but a good question to also ask is if the peak power in the same area for both tunes. But as of right now IPF holds the best numbers. This is going to be awesome seeing how this all turns out. For the greater good of the V6 dammit lets go!!
Old 11-24-2012, 09:40 AM   #96
SixCyl

Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM V6
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
Heres a deal, I have a donated tune available from IPF, I have a LLT vehicle that is stock available (not mine) 2011 RS Auto car I believe, I have a dyno that is available in Boca Raton, now if Trifecta will donate a tune we can get a real side by side comparison done. Base line dyno, load IPF, re dyno, swap back to stock and then load trifecta and dyno. To be fair, I will be sure same operating temps are maintained before each run. Thy Dyno is a mustang dyno. Heck, GM High Tech may even do a short article (no guarantee of that)

So lets get it done Trifecta, will you participate and donate a tune...
BNR said he'd throw in a free trifecta tune and dyno time if you come in with an IPF tune. Port St. Lucie is closer to palm beach than I am, you're an hour away. I say you have an opportunity to make a considerable contribution to a side by side comparison.

I MAY be able to swing a trip myself. If I buy the IPF tune, Jesse does have a 30 day money back guarantee. Problem is I'm a year round psychology program, I doubt my winter break will be work free. My car isn't stock though so there is that.

EDIT: Skycraft, sorry I didn't see that the camaro isn't yours, but you still have one to baseline off of. Anything is better than nothing.
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

art/ärt/Noun. Definition: 5th generation Camaro.
SixCyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:23 AM   #97
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
I think alot of confusion would be avoided if we could find someone on the same dyno and the same car get the latest IPF tune and actually show the gains and dyno graphs independantly, then flash back to stock and flash in the latest Trifecta tune and run that same car on that same dyno. The main thing with any of this is both have proven to be good at tuning, and both are making progress in perfecting and improving their respective tunes. Right now you cant go wrong with either, but until both have been tested on the same car, and same dyno (with NO mods added in between) then it is all hype and conjecture, so lets get an unbiased (hard with all the drama here) person that is willing to do this and have a few unbiased witnesses (or 1 from each camp) present through it all and then post the dyno graphs showing. I think what the outcome will be is each should give app the same amount of gains. I read requests for pricing and before and after dyno graphs to be posted almost daily, yet the subject always goes in another direction.

Bear in mind the Delco ECU in the LFX is so much more tuning friendly than the Bosch and we can drill down deep and accomplish a ton without any "mail order" long distance tuning like with the LLT. Anyone can be here present and see it all in person on a state of the art eddy current loaded dyno in real time. No emailing and waiting.

And lets see the same with a LLT car as the Bosch ECU is so much more closed to tuning so thats another comparison I think so many would like to see.

One thing we DONT do is lock any of our tunes so anyone with the capabilities can go into them and look....nothing to hide. We also believe that if/when EFI Live opens up for tuning we are going to see even more options for those wanting them and it forces the current players to sharpen their skills and all owners benefit.

So, our dyno is open for this test and other can be present to keep it all honest and unbiased. Just need the car owners to make the commitment.

Quote:
Quote:
BNR said he'd throw in a free trifecta tune and dyno time if you come in with an IPF tune. Port St. Lucie is closer to palm beach than I am, you're an hour away. I say you have an opportunity to make a considerable contribution to a side by side comparison.

I MAY be able to swing a trip myself. If I buy the IPF tune, Jesse does have a 30 day money back guarantee. Problem is I'm a year round psychology program, I doubt my winter break will be work free. My car isn't stock though so there is that.

EDIT: Skycraft, sorry I didn't see that the camaro isn't yours, but you still have one to baseline off of. Anything is better than nothing.
I really hope we can get a side by side on the LLT between these tunes, it looks like Jerry is willing to go in on the Trifecta side so it doesn't appear that anything should stand in our way - let's get it done! Really looking forward to seeing this!
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:37 AM   #98
BNRacing

I've been searching around and I'm confused. IPF's own site shows "10%" being gained, and if you look at their graph it shows stock making about 300HP and their tune peaks right at the 325HP mark. It also says "measured at the flywheel". I'm not sure how they measured it since we already know that the LLT ECM does NOT perform HP/TQ calculations, so they would have had to take the engine out and put it on an engine dyno to get those numbers.

Here's a link to it- http://www.ipf-tuning.com/powertune/

Now I also find it interesting that their main US distributor KPE has this on their website-

"The easiest way to add power to your V6 Camaro! 19 RWHP and 22 lb/ft. of torque. In addition driveability is improved tremendously with better low-end response and crisper shifts. Highway fuel mileage is also increased." (link- http://kpe-products.com/cart/index.c...&sortorder=ASC)

So I'm not sure who stated that they're making 30-40hp but I think it needs to be cleared up.

Also, we know that IPF locks their tunes so that nothing else can read/write to the ECM (at least they do in the China market anyway) so whoever wants to do the IPF vs. Trifecta testing needs to make sure that IPF unlocks their ECM so we can write to it or it will probably brick the ECM. (As long as IPF provides the ability for you to go back to stock we should be fine)