Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Jason 98 TA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Old 10-25-2017, 08:55 AM   #1
Zl1dad

Drives: 2013 zl1
Alignment

This is the alignment on my car, do you have a better one for more tire contact? Looking at the tires I could use a little more tire contact if I can recall looking at them at lsFest. Getting a strut replaced under warranty and wanna take advantage of them paying for an alignment if I can benefit from it.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
Zl1dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 11:56 AM   #2
Mark Jorgensen

Drives: Vipers, Camaros, Mustangs and Subie
Will have to see what they can get for camber up front then decide, I would think -2.1 to -2.3 up front would help although daily driving can limit tire life, I would also go with 0 front toe which will help turn in and tire wear on the road. You should keep camber = side to side so that can be a limiting factor if it is not possible at larger degrees of negative camber. Rear I would not change much if it was me.
Mark Jorgensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 12:02 PM   #3
Notilloc

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro SS 1LE
You could try a little toe out in the front and it would help with turn in but it also makes the car a bit of a handful on the street if you take it too far. You can add more front camber at the expense of caster but I'd like a pic of your tire wear first. Maybe a little more rear camber could help but I'd also want to look at your tires before I recommended that. It's a really good baseline right now. I run mine like this

Front Camber: -1.6DEG L&R
Front Sum Toe: -0.10DEG
Rear Camber: -1.0DEG L&R
Rear SUM TOE +0.10DEG
Notilloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 08:57 AM   #4
Zl1dad

Drives: 2013 zl1
Thanks for the input guys. I'm going to change the camber to -2 and the toe to 0 and see how my tires look and see what difference the toe makes.

Zl1dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 12:21 PM   #5
Stormcloak
slower than you

Drives: 2015 AGM 2SS 1LE
Not sure you can get the car to -2 up front without plates? I'm at 1.5 as of the last alignment, and the outside front edge definitely does take a beating on the road course.
Old 10-30-2017, 12:28 PM   #6
Notilloc

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zl1dad View Post
Thanks for the input guys. I'm going to change the camber to -2 and the toe to 0 and see how my tires look and see what difference the toe makes.

How are your tires wearing? If they are wearing even then don't worry about it, if the outside of the tire is completely worn then you need more camber.
Notilloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 08:20 PM   #7
wakespeak

Drives: 2013 2SS LS3/NPP
I have the front camber maxed out at around -2 deg. Tires wearing much better now right to edge.
NPP, 1LE track pack, ZL1/1LE shifter, Apex catch can, 1LE oil separator, Goodridge stainless steel brake lines,1LE strut tower brace. Wheels: 19x10 front and 19x11 rear w/1LE offsets. Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings. Z/28 upper control arm bushings. Hotchkiss 1" lowering springs, JRE built 3.91/TrueTrac diff. JRE tune for stock engine.
wakespeak is offline   Reply With Quote