Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-02-2018, 07:40 PM   #1
Camaro Wolf

Drives: 2018 Bright yellow Camaro 2ss
Exclamation CAR SHOW OF HORROR

Ok guys so I went to a classic car show and park my 6th Gen decently far away from the show I didn't want to be a distraction so I walk through the part and I see some nice cars 1st Gen z/28 and 2 Pontiac GTOs and a 5th Gen SS but that's common to be just 1 or 2 newer cars (there were more classics I just wanted to keep it GM) so then I walk to the main part and I see a row of dealing scions and I know it's a bunch of Bozo's who were just like haha let's take it over because they all have stickers that say sciobxdb and then I see a lifted 2014 ford superduty and A FREAKING STOCK CHRYSLER 200 WITH A BUMPER STICKER THAT SAYS I LOVE MY CAR. And then I see 2 5th Gen mustangs and 1 6th Gen mustang and run for my life (literally ran a good distance than got in my car and drove up to the 200 and blasted a nice V8 noise in his stupid face. ONLINE IT SAYS CLASSIC CAR SHOW about 1/4 of the people had a classic car that's sad.
2018 Bright Yellow 2SS with grille insert and carbon fiber spoiler and insignia package black fender hash marks and other tuning parts/2017 Red Hot Corvette GS ZO7/2018 800+HP Summit White Camaro ZL1 1LE.

Last edited by Camaro Wolf; 06-07-2018 at 12:42 PM.
Camaro Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:02 AM   #2
Stingr69
'69 Owned Since '79

Drives: '69 Z/28 LeMans Blue w/White
They did get great parking spots.
Stingr69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 08:19 AM   #3
Camaro Wolf

Yup right in the center of the show where the classics are supposed to go
2018 Bright Yellow 2SS with grille insert and carbon fiber spoiler and insignia package black fender hash marks and other tuning parts/2017 Red Hot Corvette GS ZO7/2018 800+HP Summit White Camaro ZL1 1LE.

Last edited by Camaro Wolf; 06-06-2018 at 07:51 PM.
Old 06-04-2018, 02:01 PM   #4
1LEJNG

Drives: Red Hot 2014 1LE
Car show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Wolf View Post
Ok guys so I went to a classic car show and park my 6th Feb decently far away from the show I didn't want to be a distraction so I walk through the part and I see some nice cars 1st Gen z/28 and 2 Pontiac GTOs and a 5th Gen SS but that's common to be just 1 or 2 newer cars (there were more classics I just wanted to keep it GM) so then I walk to the main part and I see a row of dealing scions and I know it's a bunch of Bozo's who were just like haha let's take it over because they all have stickers that say sciobxdb and then I see a lifted 2014 for superduty and A FEAKING STOCK CHRYSLER 200 WITH A BUMPER STICKER THAT SAYS I LOVE MY CAR. And then I see 2 5th Gen mustangs and 1 6th Gen mustang and run for my life (literally ran a good distance than got in my car and drove up to the 200 and blasted a nice V8 noise in his stupid face. ONLINE IT SAYS CLASSIC CAR SHOW about 1/4 of the people had a classic car that's sad.
I never thought I'd see someone talk about a car show like you did. Congratulations, good job. I'm older than some on this forum and remember when you went to a car show to see SHOW CARS. Now any clown can buy a new car and show it. Slap on a set of cheap wheels and a airbrushed hood liner and it magically becomes their show car. Put some purple spots on a black daily driver, instant show car. Take it to the track and it becomes a race car.

I have a supercharged 1LE with a bunch of other mods. Strangely, it's not a race car or show car.
1LEJNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 08:00 AM   #5
Camaro Wolf

Lol the funny thing was this morning on my local news the group had all those cars booted because they didn't get them registered to park there however everyone else did you have to get a little paper that confirms they have inspected this car it has to be 80s or older no inappropriate pictures on the car (they do avertise this as family friendly it's also right outside of an old school diner) and it has to be in good condition for example no rust spots no ripped seats no missing parts (even if it is only a badge unless you intend to) I know I'm going crazy maybe because I did a 5K run after wards to stay fit for mustang runs but I still am sort of laughing in my head that those people got booted
Old 06-05-2018, 08:19 AM   #6
Yellow Bullet

Drives: 2017 Chevy Sonic RS 1.4T
They should be at "cars and coffee", not a clasdic car show... smh

2017 Sonic Mosaic Black RS 1.4T
Yellow Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 07:53 PM   #7
Camaro Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Bullet View Post
Exactly
Old 06-06-2018, 08:48 PM   #8
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Bullet View Post
Those are retarded as well.

“Ohh, nice 2018 Corvette.”

“Yep, I had the incredibly difficult task of BUYING it to be here today. All those suckers RESTORING a 1963 Corvette. Ha.”

If I wanted to see a row of new Camaros & Corvettes I’d stop at the Chevy dealer.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:56 PM   #9
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
Those are retarded as well.

“Ohh, nice 2018 Corvette.”

“Yep, I had the incredibly difficult task of BUYING it to be here today. All those suckers RESTORING a 1963 Corvette. Ha.”

If I wanted to see a row of new Camaros & Corvettes I’d stop at the Chevy dealer.
Look, I agree with you concerning a "Classic" car show should only be older cars. But I have to disagree with the Cars and Coffee shows. That's what they are they for---an opportunity for people to get together and show off a nice car, even if it is new or several years old. Knowing this, you don't have to go. I enjoy showing off my 2011 Camaro SS convertible because it looks showroom quality, is fairly unique in it's color combo (metallic orange with WHITE stripes--many have black) it's unique engine bay, etc. I've gotten many positive comments on the car and I ENJOY showing it. And from what I can see, people like to actually look at it. If you don't like it, that's fine, just keep walking over to the split window 63 corvette. (Let me know when you find it.)
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 03:25 PM   #10
h422694

Drives: '16 Z06 7 Spd, 2024 High Country HD
I agree that there are a lot of different types of car shows other than Classic shows. I have a Z06, belong to a club, and participate in 3 Vette "only" shows a year to support their fund raising. Our church has a show once a year and you can bring anything you want, new, old, restored, beat up, etc. The reality is that the church show has 3-5 times as many cars being displayed as the Vette only shows and attendance / visitors is incredible compared to the Vette shows. People really like the variety at the church show and it has grown every year for several years.. Cars shown and attendance at the Vette shows has been dropping for years. I enjoy all of them.
h422694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 06:17 AM   #11
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
I just go to scope out the young scantily clad poon tang

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 11:14 AM   #12
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
I just go to scope out the young scantily clad poon tang