Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-20-2018, 05:35 PM   #1
Mark R

Drives: 2018 ZL-1
Sagging Headliner

I was looking into the windshield from the front of the car, and saw that the headliner was sagging near the sides of the windshield. I can see the white foam and cardboard material at the edge of the headliner hanging down. Headliner seems like it was cut too short.

Not sure what to do. Any suggestions, besides having a GM mechanic install a new headliner that is likely the same dimensions as this one?

Thanks.

Mark R.
Albuquerque, NM
Mark R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 06:03 PM   #2
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
Pics would help. Tac spray is what is used to install liners. So maybe, if you mask everything off, you can spray it on the liner, insulation and roof and reinstall.
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 06:34 PM   #3
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Known issue. Dealers have been fixing headliners under warranty since 2016. I am surprised to see it is still an issue 2+ years on..
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:06 PM   #4
Mark R

The car is brilliant, but something like this should not be happening. Ill bring it to the dealers attention when i take it in for the 500 mile service
Old 06-21-2018, 07:45 AM   #5
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
I just got mine back from dealer doing the TSB.. it worked out for me because I had a rock chip that cracked across the entire bottom glass so I got free installation but paid for the glass about 480.00 for the windshield.

It didn't fix it, its the same the only thing you can do to make sure its taken care off as far as the seeing the foam is have the dealer order several head liners and inspect them yourself.. make sure the head liner is not cut short and rolled over..

My wifes SS is perfect like they cut the material right mine and the replacement still show.. plus it looks like on the edge the its seperating just a tad..

I'm thinking of maybe doing a strip of dark tint..

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 09:25 AM   #6
Mark R

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
I just got mine back from dealer doing the TSB.. it worked out for me because I had a rock chip that cracked across the entire bottom glass so I got free installation but paid for the glass about 480.00 for the windshield.

It didn't fix it, its the same the only thing you can do to make sure its taken care off as far as the seeing the foam is have the dealer order several head liners and inspect them yourself.. make sure the head liner is not cut short and rolled over..

My wifes SS is perfect like they cut the material right mine and the replacement still show.. plus it looks like on the edge the its seperating just a tad..

I'm thinking of maybe doing a strip of dark tint..
If I can get a strip of tint, or maybe even use a black marker to darken the edge, that might be enough.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:00 AM   #7
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
yes or dbl sided tape to pull up a tad.. you will notice it seems like it can go up a bit as well like there is a gap between roof and liner board

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 09:50 AM   #8
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Just notice mine sagging near the front corner on passenger side. Built 4/13/17. Guess I'll let my dealer take care of it.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 08:00 AM   #9
ZED SLED

Mine's at the dealer getting the headliner replaced. Said they needed it for 2 days. Don't need to pull the windshield. Hopefully they got one that's not too short. Guess if it happens again I'll contact cement it. Probably should have done it this time. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy the beast of a loaner they gave me. A Volt

Old 07-30-2018, 10:08 AM   #10
Flexhorn

Drives: A10 ZL1
I had mine replaced when I noticed it was cut short within the first week.
Flexhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 12:15 PM   #11
ZED SLED

Got the car back today with the new headliner. I took it home and the homelink garage door opener didn't work. Didn't have time to dick with it as I had to get back to work. Can someone who had this done tell me if they had to do a relearn because it's just reset from being disconnected and/or battery disconnect? Don't want to spend too much time trying to relearn if they just forgot to plug the connector back in.
Thanks

Old 08-01-2018, 12:31 PM   #12
mikem2104

Drives: 18 2SS 1LE, 20 Canyon Denali
i had the same issue with my 2016 when they did the swap, except it was my dome lights. they had nicked a wire while installing. had to take it back ... try your lights see if they work. does the homelink light flash when you push them?

Current Garage:
18' 2SS 1LE, Hyper Blue
23' GMC Canyon Denali
Previously:
20' GMC Canyon Denali
16' 2SS 6MT, Hyper Blue, Kalahari, 20" PVW Chrome Split wheels, NPP, MRC (Total Loss)
14' Ford Edge Sport
06' Saab 9-7x,13' Nissan 370z Sport, 12' VW Jetta GLI, 02' Olds Bravada
mikem2104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 12:47 PM   #13
ZED SLED

No. I only pushed the center button that was programmed for the opener. Didn't notice if LED came on, but then again, never have payed attention to that. The dome lights are working though but I think that's a separate module. I'll try to relearn when I get home. I'm guessing the module is powered by constant 12V so you can use the buttons with the car off? If that's the case the setting is probably volatile and will be lost on power disconnect?

Last edited by ZED SLED; 08-01-2018 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Problem solved. Pulled panel and cable wasn't plugged in to homelink switch
Old 09-06-2018, 07:38 AM   #14
ZED SLED

Well, it's been a little over a month and I wish I would have just tried to 3M tape it back up instead. New headliner went in fine and fit was perfect...up until this past week. Now the rear has fallen down. I took it in yesterday and they attempted a bush fix with a couple of spacer blocks and headliner grade velcro. Looked good so I headed back to work. Came out that evening and the velcro adhesive had failed where it was stuck to the roof. Going back next week so they can add a couple more attachment points and stick the blocks to the roof with 3M trim tape. If that doesn't work, then I guess it's another headliner. I'll keep you posted on the result. Just out of curiosity, how many with this issue are sunroof cars compared to reverse mohawk? Mine's a sunroof.