Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-24-2010, 09:10 PM   #15
d69chris
Florida C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
Bought & waiting.........

We will need the aftermarket arms from BMR to solve the lower adj.

Should be week of 4/5 Michael
Old 03-25-2010, 11:14 AM   #16
Team STILLEN

Drives: Varies
Hey guys..... The lower arm in question is not available yet. I know BMR had a few teaser images up but until I see it in person, I wouldn't want to say that it would or would not help this situation. I have my call into Pfadt as well for this issue.

As for ride height, you must measure from the frame, not the outer fender. The fenders can sometimes vary from car to car and not be identical to the chassis. So a true ride height is measured from the front frame area to the rear frame area. Fender height is only critical for clearance on the tires under full compression and turning. Make sure that whoever is installing these is setting the car up with driver weight simulation. Even if you have to tell them to put a few car batteries in the driver seat and on the floor. 200lbs can make a huge difference.
Team STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:00 PM   #17
JICPerformance
Here to make you faster

Drives: 2005 GTO supercharged 2009 GXP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Stillen View Post
Mark..... I'm not really sure where you got your information but it is possible without taking the rear shocks off the car to adjust the compression. it may be a pain in the a$$, but it is possible. We are working to see if we can come up with a custom inverted style allen tool for easy access but that is still a bit out. If you have drilled the access hole for the rebound adjustment at the top, you can adjust the rebound. The lower compression adjustment will be a bit harder.

I personally run KW's on 4 of my current project cars and haven't had to remove their dampers on any make or model. I also verified with KW engineering this morning and they have confirmed that you do NOT have to remove the shock but that it is easier if you do. The whole shock does not need to be removed, just the lower shock bolt. However like I said, we are working on a quick fix for that.
He got the information from me as I completed the install. If the lower adjustment can be made with the units mounted, I'd like a picture of the car lifted with the adjustment in process. Adjusting them on the car otherwise will require lifting of the car, removal of the wheel, removal of the lower bolt, and removal of the lower control arm to knuckle bolt. Removing of the lower strut bolt alone means that you will have to pry the unit upwards under spring pressure which isn't going to go well.

I've also seen springs settle up to 1/2" during the first 3000 miles or so, hence the reason why I asked him to drive it prior to more adjustments or an alignment. The original setting was done to thread count, car lowered, height measured from the lift runway to bottom of fenderwell/floorpan area, then the units were adjusted again to equal them out for height. No scale was available or used.
JICPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:32 AM   #18
Mcnhammer
mcnhammer

Drives: 2010 Cyber grey Camaro SS
KW Variant 3 W/ Hotchkis anti-sways

I've install my KW 3's about 6 months ago. I've been experimenting with adjustments and have it down now. I modified the trunk to allow access to the rear adjustments ( Drilled a 1/2" hole and rubber plug to each side). Needed for fast adjustment. I can make an adjustment from normal street ride to agressive track in about 5 min.
Height adjustment is only limited to your discretion as per the instructions, there are safety limitations. See pics......
Oh, by the way it handles so much better than stock, you feel like your on a rail.
Attached Images

Mcnhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:18 AM   #19
BMR guy

Drives: 2010 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jontall View Post

Great pictures!
BMR guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:29 AM   #20
BMR guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by d69chris View Post
Who has these on their car that can give a review???

Interested, but would like some first hand experience.
We have them installed on our Project car and definitely have no complaints. The KW's have been great on the road course and on the street and the ride height adjustability is very simple. We even set the rears to full stiff and took them to the drag strip where they worked perfectly.

We sell both the non-adjustable valving Variant 1's and the adjustable Variant 3's. Both have adjustable ride height but if you prefer to not have to mess with adjusting the valving, the pre-set valving on the Variant 1's is very good and works great for multi-purpose driving.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:30 AM   #21
BMR guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by d69chris View Post
Bought & waiting.........

We will need the aftermarket arms from BMR to solve the lower adj.

Should be week of 4/5 Michael
I know, I know...working on them!
Old 03-29-2023, 07:36 PM   #22
LS3SSSuperSport

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcnhammer View Post
I've install my KW 3's about 6 months ago. I've been experimenting with adjustments and have it down now. I modified the trunk to allow access to the rear adjustments ( Drilled a 1/2" hole and rubber plug to each side). Needed for fast adjustment. I can make an adjustment from normal street ride to agressive track in about 5 min.
Height adjustment is only limited to your discretion as per the instructions, there are safety limitations. See pics......
Oh, by the way it handles so much better than stock, you feel like your on a rail.

Where did you end up with adjustments in the middle or level 9 on rebound for example. There is no information out there really!
LS3SSSuperSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 09:14 PM   #23
bottletalk

Drives: 15 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3SSSuperSport View Post
Where did you end up with adjustments in the middle or level 9 on rebound for example. There is no information out there really!

???? it's an adjustable shock, keep making adjustments until you get it where you like it. if you want something that somebody else tuned get some b6's.....might be unrelated to this thread cuz I'm unsure if they had b6's 13 yrs ago?
bottletalk is offline   Reply With Quote