Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 11-22-2019, 06:30 PM   #1135
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Got the doors back from sandblasting. No surprises which is a good thing. They won't be that bad to do when the time comes, straight forward repairs. Glad I don't have to cut out someone's poor work this time. Also got the wheels machined. It was a bit time consuming especially operating the mill with my friggin' shoulder, because the wheel will now center on the studs the work needed to be accurate so I picked up center of each hole, drilled them, then reamed them to final size and increased the diameter of the counterbores for thick washers. I fit one on the car and everything looks good. The tires will be here tomorrow but I probably won't get them mounted until Monday.
Attached Images

CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 06:11 PM   #1136
CFD

Got the doors, latches, window regulators and headlight buckets in epoxy primer. I'll deal with making repair panels for the doors sometime down the road. I want to get this mobile before my surgery. The tires came in and I got them mounted but I didn't get them on the car, I'll do that tomorrow.
Attached Images

Old 11-24-2019, 02:24 PM   #1137
CFD

Didn't have much time today but I did get the tires and wheels on the car. I think tomorrow I'm going to get the doors and latches on the car so they will be functional.
Attached Images

Old 11-25-2019, 01:46 AM   #1138
MTA Architects

Drives: FORD
Top 10 Famous Architects

Want to get started with interior design for your office? Then here's MTA one of the top 10 famous architect designers in Chennai. Connect with them for further details.

https://www.mtaarch.com/
MTA Architects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 06:01 PM   #1139
CFD

Been moving right along on the Buick. I was able to set up the door latch in the mill and pick up center on the broken bolt and drill it out so I the got the doors mounted and the latch and handle assemblies installed. These doors never closed correctly and the body lines were off by as much as 1/2". Most likely because of all the poor metal work done previously so I concentrated on the body lines and latches and got them very straight, both doors now function perfectly and the body lines are good. The gaps are really off so I trimmed the passenger door as much as needed to get it to work properly, when I have time I will do all the gaps either by trimming or adding material as needed. I also got the hood, hinges and latches installed as well as the headlights. I need to order the window channel components then I can get the windows in.
Attached Images