Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-12-2023, 08:17 PM   #1
Navajo415

Drives: 2015 Camaro ZL1
New build

Wassup guys I just got a 2015 zl1 last week and went on a little spree and bought the following:
7/8 kooks headers with high flow cats
RPM 5” CAI and washer fluid relocator
DSX E85 flex fuel kit
DSX aux pump kit
2.50” upper pulley
TR7IX spark plugs
MSD spark plug wires
ID1050X injectors

Is there anything else you would recommend before installing everything and getting it tuned? Any recommendations on a good catch can? How much WHP do you think this would get me to? I’ll post my build up one of these days once I get everything installed and tuned. I’ll post dyno numbers too. Thank you for your input.
Attached Images

Last edited by Navajo415; 02-12-2023 at 11:55 PM.
Navajo415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 08:18 AM   #2
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Nice. +METCO valved breather just pops in place of the oil fill cap, vents out overpressure just in case, valved won't throw off crankcase venting/vacuum.
I think I ordered mine from Phastek or JRE. I had some problems with a defective Phastek sold item they would't accept a return but usually they are ok on other things I got from them. ymmv
I've got similar sans headers and it's quite fun to drive. Never dyno'd or bothered to use my draggy yet.
On a related note I'm going through needing to smog and they check for tune and it's been a hassle trying to get it all ready to pass with everything including a no-tune checkup. You may or not wish to Mod with that in mind or choose mods.
Edit: I'm running no-cat offroad pipe which adds to the challenge
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote