Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-18-2016, 11:46 AM   #15
Bigtime53

Drives: 2015 ZL1
I got tired of buying surge protectors for everything I wanted to try and save so I went to a friend of mine who is a certified electrician and ask him about all of these surge protectors and he told me that there was a better way. He has installed a surge protector right at the electrical box where the electric comes into my home. I also put one at my shop. Just this last sunday we had a powerful storm come thru here and we had surges worse than I have ever seen. Six hard surges in a matter of about 3 minutes. I had no damage to anything. You guys might look into it.It worked for me.
Bigtime53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 02:00 PM   #16
deahl001

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 CRT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime53 View Post
I got tired of buying surge protectors for everything I wanted to try and save so I went to a friend of mine who is a certified electrician and ask him about all of these surge protectors and he told me that there was a better way. He has installed a surge protector right at the electrical box where the electric comes into my home. I also put one at my shop. Just this last sunday we had a powerful storm come thru here and we had surges worse than I have ever seen. Six hard surges in a matter of about 3 minutes. I had no damage to anything. You guys might look into it.It worked for me.
Exactly what I plan to do at my next house. Also considering lightning rods given my past experience. The combination of those two things is about the best you can do.

deahl001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 10:34 PM   #17
Bigtime53

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by deahl001 View Post
Exactly what I plan to do at my next house. Also considering lightning rods given my past experience. The combination of those two things is about the best you can do.
I have always been told if you want lightning to hit your house put up the rods. I had a new home I built on the farm we bought and where I built it was right on top of a big hill over looking the place. I was also scared of getting hit by lightning but never did. One time I walked out of the house when a storm was coming and the hair on my head stood up and it scared the crap out of me so I ran back into the house. Lightning did not strike though. That is when I decided that if I had the bolts it probably would have struck with me being outside and maybe I would at least crapped my pants!
Bigtime53 is offline   Reply With Quote