Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 02-25-2015, 10:21 PM   #393
Jc's1LE

Drives: 2015 SW 1LE BA NPP Recaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by backeddy View Post
forcfed, take what billy said and then present GM Al clearly stating this is a track car, along with introducing the car to the public ON A RACE TRACK, and I will bet I can get 99% to sway the other way. I just don"t have the billions to fight them if I happen to get the 1%, they do..... I should start a poll on the general forum to find out what members say....

I think he said on one of those videos if it breaks down on a track call me it will be covered ??
Jc's1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 10:25 PM   #394
backeddy
Banned

Drives: 2011 Boxster Spyder (best car ever)
He said that on the Zl1 video "if you blow up the engine on the track, call me...."

I am going to start a poll....
backeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 11:18 PM   #395
backeddy
Banned

So I started a poll in the general forum section titled "Voggs vs Backeddy, who is right?" Let's let the numbers do the talking....You listening GM? I hope so, these ARE your customers......17,000 + of them so far!
Old 02-26-2015, 01:17 AM   #396
3Black
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS M6
Never deal with CS here on C5, never explain to your service rep how something happened. Take the car in and say the clutch blew while you were driving the car and that is it, why would you ever tell them you track it...im not saying to lie, im saying just say what your issue is and that is it, the dealers and service reps all look for details so they dont have to do warranty work.
3Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 07:48 AM   #397
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Black View Post
Never deal with CS here on C5, never explain to your service rep how something happened. Take the car in and say the clutch blew while you were driving the car and that is it, why would you ever tell them you track it...im not saying to lie, im saying just say what your issue is and that is it, the dealers and service reps all look for details so they dont have to do warranty work.
You need to read the thread. His clutch didn't blow and he never told them that he tracked it.
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 03:27 PM   #398
backeddy
Banned

Quote:
Truer words were never spoken....
Old 02-26-2015, 04:44 PM   #399
Jc's1LE

Drives: 2015 SW 1LE BA NPP Recaros
Just dont drive your car at high RPM and you wont have a 3rd gear grind i guess LOL
Jc's1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 06:10 PM   #400
backeddy
Banned

Quote:
Just dont drive your car at high RPM and you wont have a 3rd gear grind i guess LOL
I had one of those, i believe it was called a SHOPPING CART!
Old 03-05-2015, 01:33 AM   #401
3Black
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy10mm View Post
You need to read the thread. His clutch didn't blow and he never told them that he tracked it.
You are right, however I still stand by my statement if anything does go wrong.
3Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 04:49 PM   #402
Clark Grizwald
Brewmaster

Drives: 2013 ZL1, 2015 Tundra 1794
Quote:
Originally Posted by GONIF View Post
The fact of the matter is the whole clutch design is suspect , flawed and poorly designed from the master cylinder ,slave, hose's, and single reservoir for clutch and brakes. They take a great trans in a great car and mate it to a junk clutch system to save a few $$$ bucks. It is truly sad that to save $40.00 or $50.00 a unit ,they screwed the pooch. What GM did to the clutch system in the SS is like painting a mustache on the Mona Lisa . Looks like the bean counters win again .

Perhaps GM is like the Beavers dad ,http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...83640239,d.cGU
Love the avatar! You have to be as goofy as me to take a picture like that...hahahaha
Old 03-08-2015, 11:58 PM   #403
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Black View Post

Our dealer in NorCal does track prep. We have Chevy Performance and other racing outfits come to the local Dealer, talk to and educate the Camaro community regularly on track driving and performance mods. Too bad other dealers don't - they are alienating their customer base. I love the fact that our dealer is focused on getting you to the track to enjoy the extra HP these cars were born with.

Frankly, I hinted somewhere in this post to the OP that under the duress he's going to put his dealer through we'll end up in another litigious environment where Chevy won't ever state publicly that a car is track ready and eventually they won't spend the R&D to evolve the hobby for consumers.

Just wait ... In the visible future people won't care about buying cars. With the proliferation of electric vehicles (Prius, Volt, Leaf, Ford's Eco boost, Tesla, BMWs little thing, the Fiat e500), new taxi services (Lyft, Uber), and car loaner services (zip car, wheels when you need them, city car, etc) nobody will care about owning. Aside from my enthusiasm I predict my kids and their friends won't care about being car owners in the next 10-20 years.

Law suits over consumable items, fear of recalls like our keys and all the alternative methods of transportation will eventually result in MFR's saying "f it, we will just focus on the bottom line and take the character/moxy out of our stride." Then we will all bitch that auto manufacturers don't get it and don't care.

In the end we all lose.

-CRT

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 12:11 AM   #404
djnice

Drives: 13 ZL1 SIM, 99 Z28 Black
Anyone that has every road raced knows you don't race a street machine. A race vehicle is stripped and you make it easy to replace parts regularly. Running the track days for fun can become the same as racing if you start pushing it hard. Sooner or later you are going to crash or burn stuff up. No difference really. Does anyone expect Al to replace it when you runoff. A true track vehicle takes a beating and needs parts replaced regularly.

I do run my ZL on the track, but I don't push it as hard as a dedicated track vehicle.
Old 03-09-2015, 12:20 AM   #405
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by djnice View Post
Anyone that has every road raced knows you don't race a street machine. A race vehicle is stripped and you make it easy to replace parts regularly. Running the track days for fun can become the same as racing if you start pushing it hard. Sooner or later you are going to crash or burn stuff up. No difference really. Does anyone expect Al to replace it when you runoff. A true track vehicle takes a beating and needs parts replaced regularly.

I do run my ZL on the track, but I don't push it as hard as a dedicated track vehicle.

+1

I have a track day on Friday. And here's my prep list which I got most of on this forum. Point is you don't just show up and drive. You have loads of prep and planning. I now have separate brakes and rotors for street and track and I regularly change out fluids. I've had intermittent notchy and grinding shifts and I'm wondering if changing the transmission fluid is necessary. Does this help? A local shop owner thought it was unnecessary and talked me out of buying tranny fluid from him ... and he used to race regularly.

What you need to bring to the track with you

Hammer, ball pien
Ratchet and sockets (Various sizes) but must have 18mm, 14mm because brakes
Wrenches (various sizes) 11mm to bleed brakes, 18mm closed end for calipers
Drift Pin (to knock out brake pad pins)
Clear Hose to Clear Bottle (To bleed brakes if necessary)
Pliers
Screwdrivers
Pint of Brake Fluid
Pint of Cluth Fluid
Brake fluid water tester
Quart of Motor Oil
Rags
Brake pads
Brade pad piston spreaders
Turkey baster type thingy to suck brake fluid
Pry bars (Various sizes)
Blue Painters tape
Racing tape
Glass Cleaner
Funnel
Zip ties
Gloves, plastic
Gloves, work
Loctite Blue and Red (small tubes)
Anti-seize (again small but also the big tub of the high temp Purple stuff too)
Pen and Sharpie
Race Numbers
Tire Guage
Mighty Vac

Other stuff not in toolbox:
Moving pad (wrapped around jack and jack stand in trunk for ride to track and also used so I do not have to lie on the ground when getting under the car)
Cordless Impact wrench (makes tire change much quicker)
Goop towels
Paper towels
Floor jack
Jack stand x 1
Torque wrench and fittings for wheels
Medium Tarp (Only if rain is forecast)
Large garbage bags (These last two are in case it starts to rain at the last minute)
Small first aid kit with cold compress*
Drivers Log
Safety Inspection Sheet
Insurance sheet*
Seatbelt CG Lock
Detail spray
Detail rags
Helmet
Shoes
Brake cleaner
Brake goo
SCT Tuner and Tuner Cable