Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-29-2015, 01:25 PM   #113
alfonsoj23

Drives: 2014 camaro ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mluisi View Post
I agree. I was kinda pissed when they launched the idea of the 16 after just purchasing my 15 but I agree with woodboss. It looks like a camry with all the shiny plastics. This made me feel better about my purchase...5th gen!!
Lol ur just mad you're stuck with that one... Deep down most of the people
Want the new one
alfonsoj23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 01:32 PM   #114
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfonsoj23 View Post
Want the new one
I owned a Camry... that's why I drive a 5th Gen Camaro now.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 05:00 PM   #115
yescats

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS L99 Vert
Quote:
Want the new one
My thinking was I'd rather own a used Gen 5 convertible free and clear than go into debt for a new one. And if I were to go into debt I'd skip the Gen 6 and get a Z06 or a Hellcat depending how deeply in debt I was willing to go.
yescats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:45 PM   #116
Jsafe17

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 6spd LS3
The 2010 didn't have to grow on me at all.. or the new stingray.. you know what grows on you... bacteria and fungus...
Jsafe17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 09:56 PM   #117
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Quote:
Want the new one
Speak for yourself bro.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 10:40 PM   #118
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeDawn View Post
You know there are many things in life that I want but will MOST LIKELY never have! There are many things in life that are very unfair such as men who've escaped from Mexican Prisons (you know who I'm talking about) who have many cars that the average person in the average bracket would dream about having.

I hope one day I'll be able to set foot in a Camaro SS. I've always wanted one but couldn't afford to get one back when I was first looking around since my CREDIT HISTORY was not long enough. Now that I've established a decent history and have a fairly above average credit rating, I think that I'll have a lot less of a problem acquiring a newer Camaro.

I love the 2016 but agree that the 2010-13 looks far more BOSS as far as the exterior goes. Some people might go for that sporty'er look of the 2016. I mean when the 2014 came out, sale numbers were far better if I remember correctly.

Surprising since the tail lights of the 2014 just didn't satisfy me yet it grew on me. Every time I see a 2015 Ford Mustang (GT) It grows on me. I was driving one night in San Francisco and some young man in his early 20s had the GT Premium in silver with black trim.

I gotta say that Ford did it right with the sound of the GT because it sounded EXCELLENT when the young guy saw me gawking at his car and showed it off a little for me. He must of had it in 2nd gear because that bad boy launched with a mean growl!

The 2016 sounds very promising, I just wish there were more clips of it in action. Hopefully come late November early December I can set foot in a new ride. I love my 2010 Camaro LT, but I've always wanted an SS.

This is the song I'll play when I leave the parking lot with my SS in the near future.
Here's a much better song to drive off the lot to...

Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 02:49 AM   #119
DaveA

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS vert
At the end of the day, buy what you like. It's not for me. My dream car is a 1965 Mustang Fastback and that's never going to change. Someday I will own one! For now, my 2013 SS vert will suffice.
DaveA is offline   Reply With Quote