Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-07-2016, 08:14 PM   #211
5150 Maro

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Signed

2012 2SS/RS 45th Anniversary Edition 2012 to present
2010 2SS/RS Summit White 2009 to 2012
1998 RS V-6 Silver with T-tops. 1998 to 2000
1993 Z28 Red Wrecked (twice) 2014 to 2016
1988 RS Blk lowered custom rims 1988 to 2000 Stolen
1976 LT Ruby Red 1976 to 1988 (He's dead Jim)
5150 Maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 08:56 PM   #212
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
I'm old skool, I'm sure procedures changed over the years.

If we thought an oil pump had issues we would remove the sending unit and put a mechanical gauge on it and turn the car over to see if it showed pressure, NEVER start it.
-Bobby
Old 05-07-2016, 09:23 PM   #213
1SS/RS

Drives: 2015 1SS/RS BVM
Signed.
1SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 01:45 AM   #214
C_Amaro92

Drives: 2015 1LS
Signed.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
C_Amaro92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 03:42 AM   #215
Fred 6528

Drives: 2011 ss
Make a sign and go stand out front of the dealership not on their property and hang out.
Fred 6528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 08:26 AM   #216
Jackass
Doing what I like to do

Drives: 1963 Landrover
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Like Mike said, we know the OP well and have known him for years. He's helped the wife and I in the Camaro5 booth for the past 3 years having his hands in our cash till many, many times. I followed along with him for the past ...5, 6 years?...as he wanted to get a Camaro, was going to get one, had his wife have medical issues, had to put the Camaro on the back burner due to huge medical bills, found out his wife hid money from him FOR him and surprised him so he could finally get his car. Dude...the LAST thing John wanted was to void his warranty. He wouldn't even put on long tubes. When we are all thinking of how to make the car go faster, he was thinking on how to make the car last longer. I will vouch for the OP in all he said.

And like Mike Lee, I've pm'd them as well and even sent another person a message. Would be nice to get some sort of response to this. Would be nice to hear an explanation of how Elites catch can supposedly caused pump failure...and then why the dealer ran the engine once at the shop when it had no oil pressure (I'm sure the black box info can be downloaded to prove it was run at the dealer....as we do when we have fatality crashes that will show date/time log info as well as speed, etc).

GM can easily supersede the dealership on this. Shoot. We've watched them do MANY things over the years to make things right or to check on vehicles even going to such lengths as to picking up vehicles at peoples houses, taking them back to Michigan, and working on them to figure it all out. They can make this right for them.

And petition signed.
I also signed the petiton , about you knowing the OP personally and standing behind him on this case is good enough for me
As I said on an earlier post , I always , and by experience tend to go as ,,, there always is that other part of the story thing , and more often than not there is
and that's why I said what I said not personally knowing the OP
I have signed the petition , and on the comments posted I said something that really reflects what I feel about the ,,,, TOO BIG to fail kind a business ,,,, when they do what they do just to keep themselves from honor what's rightfully to their costumers , it reall gets under my skin when I come to know case after case on that issue
I'm not holding my breath , but the day some little technicalities on some laws change , those who make the calls on certain things will start acting differently , but until then we just have to fight one day at the time
Jackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 10:20 AM   #217
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
After reading the OP, it just seems that those involved at GM making the decisions about the catch can creating the issues are making baseless decisions since they are utilizing them on the 6th gen. I have over 20k on my Apex catch can and have not had any kind of oil issues, not one drop lost or pressure being affected. This just seems like it would be an easy fix at minimal cost to the company and somebody (at GM) is just creating drama

Last edited by Bad@ssCamaro; 05-08-2016 at 10:38 AM.
Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 10:48 AM   #218
hazy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
one thing that I haven't seen suggested here (or maybe I just skipped it, we're 16pg in now..) is to bombard the GM facebook/twitter pages. That's kind of the equivalent of public shaming these days.

Don't just do it once, is what I've heard, bombard them. I'd offer, but no social media outside of a couple different car forums.
hazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:30 AM   #219
DaFisch
Master Amateur Mechanic

Drives: Victory Red 2011 2SS/RS
signed. this makes me sick
Forged 418 Ls3 from Texas Speed, LSX heads from Texas Speed, Tick Turbo cam, Jakes/PCM/Billet 4l80e, 3200 Stall converter from Circle D, DSS 750 hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, stock 3.23 gears, TSW Wheels Front 20x10 Rear 20x11.5, Fabberage Twin Turbo Supercharger Killer kit with Upgraded Turbos, Squash Dual fuel pump, Full BMR Suspension/bushings, Holly High Rise intake manifold, ID1300 Injectors, Megan Coilovers, PCM of NC plug and play trans kit. HP/TQ TBA
DaFisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 01:19 PM   #220
HELLsx

Drives: 2SS/RS 1LE
Wow.....

Just read pretty much all of this.

Having just bought an '15 1LE WITH DEALER INSTALLED CC!!! im not sure i can even begin to understand is?!? Yes!! The Dealer is giving me the car with the part installed and now they say they wont honor warranty because of said part!!?? Thats complete bull crap!!

What do they say to that?? Did you talk about this to anyone?? Or is it just that its because its an aftermarket unit that they wont recognise it? I mean, hey, it does the same job anyway!!!

Following this now.... I KNOW it will end up on your side. (Just 'cause its impossible that nobody wakes up at some point and realizes this is making absolutely no sense! .... Or, that you make so much noise about it that it starts to bother them!!! SO DO IT!!!!)

Hang in there OP,

HELLsx.

2SS-RS-1LE.
Exhaust (NPP), Recaro's(AYZ), Navigation, Heads UP display, Boston acoustic (UHQ), Rear view camera, Sun roof (CF5) ...(hey, it was there...), Opt Gas cap (VQL), Optionnal carpet mats (VYW), rear cargo net (W2D). RS package (WRS) / with HID lightning and fogs (T4F and T3N).
Yep..... It was kinda loaded!! :-) but it was the last 2015 1LE in Canada. I wanted white.... I got BLACK!!!! Lol!!!
HELLsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 01:28 PM   #221
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
The question hasn't been answered...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DokWatson View Post
I'm a title 32 technician, I get paid well to work on vehicles. And based on everything I know as a mechanic, this is complete BS. I swear, if I blow my engine and GM tries to blame my CAI and exhaust I'll be right there with you lighting a fire under their asses. Ridiculous. I signed the petition and shared.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
But here is my question to you CC guys!
What IF...install the hoses the wrong way? Kink a hose?
Can that adversely affect that sticky oil pump relief valve that's already a known issue?
Old 05-08-2016, 01:47 PM   #222
DokWatson
Dok

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS M6
http://oppositelock.kinja.com/ditch-...ate-1634156554

This will explain it better than I can. The PCV system isn't really all that important. It makes the EPA and whoever else happy, about it. You get a nice oily intake for it. And as far as installing it wrong, I'm pretty sure it would act like a clogged PCV system and you'd know it. But you wouldn't lose oil pressure.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
DokWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 02:11 PM   #223
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 805camaro View Post
Does oil run through the catch can before complete oil circulation? Yes. Could there be a defect in the catch can that prevents oil from passing through? Yes. Would that cause low oil pressure and possible destroy the engine? Yes. If the roles were reversed and you were the one shelling out the money to a customer to replace an engine that they placed aftermarket parts on "possibly" causing engine failure, would you be so quick to replace their engine? No. What I don't understand is why you wouldn't remove all modified parts on the engine before you took it into the dealer expecting them to replace your engine. I'm sorry but keep dreaming everyone. It's like this with everything with a warranty. You can't expect ANY company to stand behind YOUR work. If you took the car in completely stock you would already be back on the road.
Actually the answer to your 1st three questions is NO. That's why we are here.
Old 05-08-2016, 02:12 PM   #224
DokWatson
Dok

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 805camaro View Post
Does oil run through the catch can before complete oil circulation? Yes. Could there be a defect in the catch can that prevents oil from passing through? Yes. Would that cause low oil pressure and possible destroy the engine? Yes. If the roles were reversed and you were the one shelling out the money to a customer to replace an engine that they placed aftermarket parts on "possibly" causing engine failure, would you be so quick to replace their engine? No. What I don't understand is why you wouldn't remove all modified parts on the engine before you took it into the dealer expecting them to replace your engine. I'm sorry but keep dreaming everyone. It's like this with everything with a warranty. You can't expect ANY company to stand behind YOUR work. If you took the car in completely stock you would already be back on the road.
Oil doesn't run through the PCV system. Gases with oil particulates in them do. So the answer is no, no, and no.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
DokWatson is offline   Reply With Quote