Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 01-12-2015, 08:01 PM   #15
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
When I bought the car I had issues with regular driving, spirited driving etc. no I didn't drive like a jackass but I didn't buy this car to drive like little miss daisy either.

I took it to a few dealers several times and they were of no help and said the car was operating as designed.

After a good bit of Internet research (how I found C5) I decided to buy a remote resivoir, tick braided high flow clutch line(not the bleeder line), ideal garage master clutch cylinder, lingdenfelter clutch return spring and a lot of motul 600 lol

I installed all of those parts(later I took out the lingdenfelter return spring since I didn't need it) after a good bit of problem free street driving and spirited driving I took it to Auto Club Speedway several times as well as willow springs and have been problem free.

Still on the stock clutch and stock slave. I am waiting for one of those to go out or act up but so far so good.

55,565 miles on the OD and counting. Granted my drivetrain is all stock.
I am a little harder on my clutch, I took it to the rivets in 10k miles. You have to pull the trans to do the bleeder unless you are very brave. I asked Jannety to do that when they replaced the clutch. I think they recommend that anyway.

Great point about replacing the fluid. That's a big help.

That ideal master cylinder a help?

OP I suppose you have tried changing out the fluid? Once it gets dirty the clutch is toast.

Last edited by Fraxum; 01-12-2015 at 08:46 PM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 08:05 PM   #16
X25

Drives: '16 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw78911sc View Post
Gets better, now that your car has been deemed as being "tracked" they don't have to do anything from here on out. Same issue with dealer here. Something can break just driving around town now and they have that in their books and can use it as an out forever. One thing that keeps me on the edge of selling the car and going back to a company that actually warranties their products. Never had these issues with Japanese or German brands. I love the car, completely scared it will just go boom one day because of lack of engineering or design (clutch, oil pump...)
Nissan voided your warranty if you owned a 2009 GT-R and used its launch control (that is standard) 5 times. Mitsubishi used to check out HPDE events and void your warranty if your EvoX showed up at an event. Mercedes owners don't have track use warranty, period. I don't know why you think other companies would be any better. Actually, Japanaese brands are the worst as far as I know.

This doesn't sound right. You should change dealer for sure, and appeal at a different dealer, and at least get their second opinion. If you're in CA, Abel Chevy is highly recommended. Just do the trip.
'17 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 Night Edition
'15 Nissan Rogue S AWD
X25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 08:08 PM   #17
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
I am a little harder on my clutch, I took it to the rivets in 10k miles. You have to pull the trans to do the bleeder unless you are very brave. I asked Jannety do that when they replaced the clutch. I think they recommend that anyway.

Great point about replacing the fluid. That's a big help.

That ideal master cylinder a help?

OP I suppose you have tried changing out the fluid? Once it gets dirty the clutch is toast.
I am not easy on my car but everyone drives differently. I think the combination of what I did helped. It's hard to say one part did this and one part did that since I installed them all at the same time.

I was kind of pissed and over the whole issue lol and just wanted it to work like it should.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:13 PM   #18
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Really?

You've been to Laguna three time and your car shows no signs of ware? How is that possible? Rock chips on the front bumper, tire wear, oil breakdown, tranny fluid, dif fluid. Your car must show some signs of ware for your dealer and GM to both know it had been to the track....

Not trying to be an ass but come on....

I agree this clutch issue sucks for the 1LE crowd but nobody is going to cover ware a tear due to track use. That's the risk of tracking your car. Insurance companies, car manufactures and ect are going to run from you once they find out you've tracked your car. How many 1LE have this problem that don't go to the track? Most 1LE that have this issue seem to be the track guys..

I've only seen this issue on 1LE's that are pushed hard due to mods or tracking the cars. Pushing the clutch beyond it's intended operation limit doesn't mean GM did a shitty job. Every car manufacture has issue...mustangs have misfires and overheating issues at the track, even the new Z06 is having heat soak issues...no car is perfect.

CHMSC seems to have found the fix. Sure it going to cost a few hundred dollars but you guys can't really be upset.....how much money do you send on tires and other "track prep" items.

I've been watching this clutch issues on the 1LE's incase my ZL1 has the same issue. If I have to spend a few hundred dollars to fix it via aftermarket parts then so be it.

Beating the shit out if your car and then winning to GM when something doesn't work right is silly..
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 08:15 PM   #19
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Backeddie,

I give Abel a shot at taking care of this. Call Rich and tell him whats going on and see what he can do.

Norcal
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 08:22 PM   #20
backeddy
Banned

Drives: 2011 Boxster Spyder (best car ever)
Quote:
Really?

You've been to Laguna three time and your car shows no signs of ware? How is that possible? Rock chips on the front bumper, tire wear, oil breakdown, tranny fluid, dif fluid. Your car must show some signs of ware for your dealer and GM to both know it had been to the track....

Not trying to be an ass but come on....
Let's see, clear bra, change dot 4 Every time, mobil 1 before and after 2 events, etc etc etc. My car is show quality and I keep it that way as it is my DD for my job, so think what you want. They deemed it "severe" because of tire rubber on inside of wheels.
backeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 08:22 PM   #21

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I would have no recourse with an SS for any warranty claim regarding the clutch and tracking...So far, it appears GM doesn't have new parts to install anyway that would hold up to a lot of track use....

I agree with Kaboom somewhat....Upgrading the clutch and all that is something that just goes with the territory when doing a lot of tracking....So as long as the aftermarket has a solution, I'm ok...

If some can get a dealership to work with them, that's great and probably the best to expect....but I'm sure that's not an unlimited deal either....At some point you're gonna be on your own...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 08:25 PM   #22
backeddy
Banned

Quote:
Backeddie,

I give Abel a shot at taking care of this. Call Rich and tell him whats going on and see what he can do.

Norcal
Thanks, I will give them a call, however the letter I received was from GM, not the dealer....
Old 01-12-2015, 08:28 PM   #23
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by backeddy View Post
Let's see, clear bra, change dot 4 Every time, mobil 1 before and after 2 events, etc etc etc. My car is show quality and I keep it that way as it is my DD for my job, so think what you want. They deemed it "severe" because of tire rubber on inside of wheels.
Well look...there's no OEM fix for this...what do you want them to do?

Replacing the master cylinder clutch will just get you back to the same issue once you start tracking again.

Seems the real issue is having a way to full flush the clutch fluid on a regular basis. This can't be done unless you go aftermarket.

Or what about tying the Z/28 OEM parts? Don't see or hear any of them having this issue...just a though.

I know the Z06's have a separate clutch resivor....do they have a way to bleed the clutch?
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 08:31 PM   #24
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw78911sc View Post
Gets better, now that your car has been deemed as being "tracked" they don't have to do anything from here on out. Same issue with dealer here. Something can break just driving around town now and they have that in their books and can use it as an out forever. One thing that keeps me on the edge of selling the car and going back to a company that actually warranties their products. Never had these issues with Japanese or German brands. I love the car, completely scared it will just go boom one day because of lack of engineering or design (clutch, oil pump...)
Yeah, those companies are perfect. Good luck, cause they are no better than any other company out there.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:32 PM   #25
backeddy
Banned

Quote:
I agree with Kaboom somewhat....Upgrading the clutch and all that is something that just goes with the territory when doing a lot of tracking....So as long as the aftermarket has a solution, I'm ok...
I get that, the problem is that the clutch issue is causing grinding on a 2-3 shift, so it is destroying my transmission too. 75 laps around Laguna is not much abuse for a "track" car.....as it is advertised. I bought this car solely because of this, period. That is ok though, because chevy is going to find out being a dick works in both directions. So when my wife introduces the prevalent clutch issue as a "safety concern" at her job tomorrow, let's see what the CA DOT thinks about it. grab your popcorn.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:42 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by backeddy View Post
I get that, the problem is that the clutch issue is causing grinding on a 2-3 shift, so it is destroying my transmission too. 75 laps around Laguna is not much abuse for a "track" car.....as it is advertised. I bought this car solely because of this, period. That is ok though, because chevy is going to find out being a dick works in both directions. So when my wife introduces the prevalent clutch issue as a "safety concern" at her job tomorrow, let's see what the CA DOT thinks about it. grab your popcorn.
I understand your frustration and can see why you're pissed....Good luck with whatever you plan to do....

....However....the issues of which you speak have been on these forums for years and years with no clear resolution....or with a mixed bag of solutions, good and bad or not at all....

I think you will be going down the road of having your car at the dealership for many, many repeat and frustrating visits....I've seen it on here over the years dozens of times....

Do what you want, but I have learned the best route is to upgrade when indicated, and improve items on the car with aftermarket parts to help enjoy tracking....Good luck....
Old 01-12-2015, 08:47 PM   #27
BAPD77

Drives: 2013 Yellow ZL1/2015 Z51 Stingray
Can someone point me to the issue about the clutch....didnt know there was one.
BAPD77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 08:51 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAPD77 View Post
Can someone point me to the issue about the clutch....didnt know there was one.
If you care to take the time to read this thread from the beginning, it will answer a lot of your questions...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=384247