Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 09-03-2009, 10:01 PM   #1
newgenss
http://gtoautoglass.com

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS SS
Lowering springs question ( Like to Thank 2SSRS)

I had the eibach pro kit spring installed and everything is fine, the car handles a lot better and the ride is a little stiffer not bad at all. My question is, why when I "slam" the brake it makes a creeky sound which to me sounds like it coming from the front. I don't know if this is caused by the springs because i've pushed down on all four corners and hear nothing and driving normal even hard cornering I hear nothing, just when I slam on the brakes. Keep in mind I never slammed on the brakes before the springs just happened today that I had to stop fast.

Last edited by newgenss; 09-04-2009 at 05:39 PM. Reason: title change
newgenss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:21 PM   #2
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Perhaps just the front springs compressing that much for the first time and made that creeking noise. Does it happen all the time now?
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:52 PM   #3
newgenss

I've only had for a week and drive it in the weekends mostly. It only did when I slammed the brakes otherwise it's fine.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:24 AM   #4
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
You need to make sure everything is tight and your strut bearings are OK.
You may also have some spring bind noise

should have used Pedders springs, LOL

thanks
mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:53 AM   #5
LH17

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
newgensss, I'd love to see some pictures of your SS with the eibach springs. Was a wheel alignment necessary after installation? Keep us updated on the "creeky" sound.
LH17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 03:31 PM   #6
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by LH17 View Post
newgensss, I'd love to see some pictures of your SS with the eibach springs. Was a wheel alignment necessary after installation? Keep us updated on the "creeky" sound.
Whenever you change ride height you will need to get an alignment.

Kind regards,
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:33 PM   #7
newgenss

thanks guys for your input. i checked it again and this time slammed the brakes and it didnt do it oh yeah and this was after my alignment...ill post up pics of it soon. I want to thank 2SSRS he was a life saver. When The front strut was being tightened it broke the top thread! I was pissed and called my local dealer and they told me everthying was on back order and there was no ETA available. So of course I was stuck but decided to give Camaro5 a try and sure enough 2SSRS told me he had the part since he was changing to coilovers from pedders ( Awesome setup BTW!). He was coming to the Big Boy meet here in SoCal, driving from Arizona! Awesome guy! I feel he deserves some sort of recognition for his act. Thanks again 2SSRS!!!
Old 09-04-2009, 06:34 PM   #8
Bentley78
Rice Cooker

Drives: Avalanche Z/71, 2010 Camaro2SS
Get some pictures of your car up in this thread! Just ordered my eibach pro springs and would love to see how it looks.

Can you deffinetly tell its been lowered, have a nice stance???
Bentley78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:35 PM   #9
newgenss

Yeah you can tell it's lowered, it gives it a nice even stance. I'll try to post some pics
Old 09-05-2009, 12:33 PM   #10
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by newgenss View Post
thanks guys for your input. i checked it again and this time slammed the brakes and it didnt do it oh yeah and this was after my alignment...ill post up pics of it soon. I want to thank 2SSRS he was a life saver. When The front strut was being tightened it broke the top thread! I was pissed and called my local dealer and they told me everthying was on back order and there was no ETA available. So of course I was stuck but decided to give Camaro5 a try and sure enough 2SSRS told me he had the part since he was changing to coilovers from pedders ( Awesome setup BTW!). He was coming to the Big Boy meet here in SoCal, driving from Arizona! Awesome guy! I feel he deserves some sort of recognition for his act. Thanks again 2SSRS!!!
So what kind of torque were you putting on the top strut to get it to break? This is the second one I have heard of? the first one the owner was using a very high end 1/2 inch impact gun

thanks
mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 02:51 PM   #11
d69chris
Florida C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
Bently, where did you end up getting your springs?

How bad was the shipping?
Old 09-06-2009, 08:46 AM   #12
WeeZee

Drives: SuperSport's
Quote:
Originally Posted by newgenss View Post
I had the eibach pro kit spring installed and everything is fine, the car handles a lot better and the ride is a little stiffer not bad at all. My question is, why when I "slam" the brake it makes a creeky sound which to me sounds like it coming from the front. I don't know if this is caused by the springs because i've pushed down on all four corners and hear nothing and driving normal even hard cornering I hear nothing, just when I slam on the brakes. Keep in mind I never slammed on the brakes before the springs just happened today that I had to stop fast.
Pretty normal ive had 4 lowered vehicles, the sound is pretty typical. You supposed to put the springs in drive around 500 miles or 2-weeks atleast and then have them checked and aligned. The sound should go away once they break in. Make sure you put them in right side up. With Eibach springs they should read Eibach right side up !!!
WeeZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:22 PM   #13
Bentley78
Rice Cooker

Drives: Avalanche Z/71, 2010 Camaro2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by d69chris View Post
Bently, where did you end up getting your springs?

How bad was the shipping?
Latemodel Restoration. Ordered from them because i was getting a few parts from them anyway, Billet door sill plates and skip shift eliminator.

For everything shipping was $105 from Texas to Hawaii. My local Tuner shop wanted to charge me over $100 markup just for the springs.

Decided not to get the kit with the sways, going Pdaft racing bars i think.
Bentley78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 02:02 PM   #14
d69chris
Florida C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
Nice. I have not pulled the trigger on any yet. Seems new stuff comes weekly.