Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-25-2015, 05:02 PM   #1
genuineduke

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS
Angry Passenger Door So Easy To Be Dented

I've had my brand new Camaro for 2 months and I've got 2 dents, 3 minor scratch on the passenger door(driver side is perfect). I'm 100% percent sure that the reason is being hit by other car's door(actually one of them was hit by buddy's car's door). And I'm upset that so many people just open their so hard and they don't care about hitting other's cars.

Does any one know the cost of repairing a dent or scratch?
genuineduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 05:07 PM   #2
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
I will say this.. They do dent easily. One day my wife parked her Camaro a little to close to mine in the garage. My daughter got out and barely tapped my passenger door (I always back in).. And I have a small dent.. But it's not bothering me enough to fix it
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 05:12 PM   #3
bkscott

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
PDR about 50 to 75......

ADM CAI, Borla Type S Cat Back, VMAX Ported TB, LG Short Throw Shifter, 1LE Shocks, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Cradle Bushing Inserts, Custom Powdercoated ZL1's ,Michelin Pilot Supersports, Stainless Power Headers, Solo J Pipes, AAC LED Sidemarkers, ZL1 Rockers, SLP Splitter, ADM Stage II Cam,ZL1 Diffuser,Vitesse Throttle Controller.

bkscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 05:19 PM   #4
genuineduke

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
I will say this.. They do dent easily. One day my wife parked her Camaro a little to close to mine in the garage. My daughter got out and barely tapped my passenger door (I always back in).. And I have a small dent.. But it's not bothering me enough to fix it
Yep, just got a little upset since it's almost brand new. And since I work from 8am to 6pm so basically I don't have time to go to the body shop. So it's annoying to notice the dents each time I use my car.
Old 07-25-2015, 05:44 PM   #5
Blue-J

Drives: 2013 2LT HWSE
When I first got my car I had a Clear Bra put on. I also had like a five inch placed across the doors from the curve down. Three weeks later it paid for itself. An embedded 1in vertical line of white paint into the Clear Bra that I was able to remove. You have to look carefully to see mark but NO DENT.
Old 07-25-2015, 08:32 PM   #6
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Dude.......all cars get dents and scratches, its inevitable.....the first couple are devastating, but you will soon accept them as the norm. Once I got past my first few dents and scratches, they really dont phase me anymore, I will just save them up and have a PDR come out and fix all of them one day...
Old 07-25-2015, 10:57 PM   #7
bluebonn
Texas

Drives: 2015 2SS Red Hot LS3
never accept a ding as norm in my car. Always park by myself or I don't park at all.
Old 07-25-2015, 11:31 PM   #8
genuineduke

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007s 'Vert View Post
Dude.......all cars get dents and scratches, its inevitable.....the first couple are devastating, but you will soon accept them as the norm. Once I got past my first few dents and scratches, they really dont phase me anymore, I will just save them up and have a PDR come out and fix all of them one day...
Yeah I know that, I used to have a second-hand Mitsubishi with lots of dents on the car, and I never care about it. But this is my first brand new car, so I sort of get upset for being dented.
Old 07-25-2015, 11:35 PM   #9
TigerFA

Drives: Camaro 2SS 2017 Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007s 'Vert View Post

Thats exactly why WE have this problem, because others don't care!

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

2017 2SS, 2014 2SS 1LE, 2014 2SS
TigerFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 11:55 PM   #10
genuineduke

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerFA View Post

Yep. I always pay enough attention not to hit others car when I open the door. And I wish others can do so.
Old 07-25-2015, 11:56 PM   #11
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebonn View Post
never accept a ding as norm in my car. Always park by myself or I don't park at all.
I park extremely far on a corner parking space so I can get as close to the curb as possible. So if a jerk parks next a to me he/she has almost a space and a 1/2 to park. But sometimes dings are inevitable. Ever go to a professional sporting event?? Unless you valet you are at the mercy of parking next someone.
Old 07-26-2015, 12:00 AM   #12
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerFA View Post

Not true... I would say 90% of sports car owners really care. If I am in a situation where I'm next to someone, when I get out I wrap my fingers around my door just in case my door hits theirs.. My fingers protect their door and mine.. I have seen others use this technique too.,

Last edited by sonnydurden; 07-26-2015 at 02:33 AM.
Old 07-26-2015, 12:01 AM   #13
genuineduke

Quote:
I park extremely far on a corner parking space so I can get as close to the curb as possible. So if a jerk parks next a to me he/she has almost a space and a 1/2 to park. But sometimes dings are inevitable. Ever go to a professional sporting event?? Unless you valet you are at the mercy of parking next someone.
Dude, that's exactly what I am doing now. I've been parking extremely far on corner parking space and close to the curb as well.
Old 07-26-2015, 12:06 AM   #14
genuineduke

Quote:
Not true... I would say 90% of sports car owners really care. If I am in a situation where I'm next to someone, when I get out I wrap my figures around my door just in case my door hits theirs.. My fingers protect their door and mine.. I have seen others use this technique too.,
I'd say many of sports car owner really care. But I've also seen someone driving a crappy sports car and when he get out of the car he just push the door so hard and Boom! The car next to it got hit.