Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 07-08-2016, 12:22 PM   #15
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerrillakilla13 View Post
No it's completely normal. I avoid bumps even if they look small. Just yesterday I hit a small wash in a small intersection faster than I should have and bang went the bottom of the car. I nearly cursed out the neighborhood I was in lol.
That's not normal. People have had their shocks replaced under warranty and had the issue go away.
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 05:23 PM   #16
Iroc Drew

Drives: 2015 1LE 2SS/RS CRT NPP AYZ NAV SUN
Same thing happens to me when I go over a transition in the pavement. Only hear it on the passenger side. My dealer will be getting a call soon.

1989 IROC Z L98.
2015 Silverado LT.
2015 2SS 1LE.
Iroc Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 07:24 PM   #17
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Mine was only on the passenger side as well.
Old 07-09-2016, 11:33 AM   #18
terry_b

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to terry_b
Is there a bulletin or something regarding this? Mine does this, but only in very sudden transitions that cause the wheel to drop out from under the car quickly. I assumed it's just the limit of the shock travel and the upper shock cap is hitting the mount. I can tell because the rubber ring is leaving a telltale black mark on the shock tower.

It's done this since I've owned it and I generally just avoid the bumps I know will be an issue. If there's a warranty claim here, I definitely want it fixed, but I would like to know how to reliably get the dealership to address the issue
Old 07-09-2016, 01:00 PM   #19
guerrillakilla13

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy10mm View Post
That's not normal. People have had their shocks replaced under warranty and had the issue go away.
Really? Uh oh.. I'll get loud bangs when I go over a hump or bump too fast, but the car still feels solid under abuse and doesn't make noise during sharp turns. I'll get it checked out anyway better to be safe than sorry.
guerrillakilla13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 02:16 PM   #20
cornerspeed92

When mine was replaced, problem solved. I have not had one issue since.
Old 07-09-2016, 05:47 PM   #21
HogsFan75

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS/1LE
Mine is banging really loud. Front oassneger side. Tiny sharp bumps normally cause it. Started about two months ago. Sounds like the suspension bottoming out.

Next time I go to the dealer I'm going to have them look at it.
HogsFan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 06:01 PM   #22
Scotty D2014

Drives: 2014 SS1-1le Crystal red metallic
Anybody know the PN#'s for the front left & right struts and rears shocks????? I'm going to be doing lowering springs next month .. And ,I thought why not replace them the same time!!
Scotty D2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 06:07 PM   #23
cornerspeed92

Those with issues. Dont forget the 1st time i took mine in they couldn't find anything wrong with it. It was only after taking the service manager with me that he then heard/felt it. It was at that point he had the tech pull the strut off, and it was then that they found the issue.
Old 07-09-2016, 06:09 PM   #24
havelegs

Drives: '23 LT1 A10
I have had some loud bang from mine too. Sounded like the right front.
Old 07-10-2016, 12:13 AM   #25
67goatman455

Drives: 1967 GTO
My brand new 2015 even did it on the test drive. We all bought performance track cars. Either stick a tampon in or go buy an SS haha
67goatman455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 01:26 PM   #26
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
Those with issues. Dont forget the 1st time i took mine in they couldn't find anything wrong with it. It was only after taking the service manager with me that he then heard/felt it. It was at that point he had the tech pull the strut off, and it was then that they found the issue.
I think what makes all of this even more obscure, is the fact that some are experiencing this at varying speeds, over more types of bumps, perhaps even varying ambient temperature range, while others are......(read below).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy G View Post
We all have blown struts? Mine only does it around 100km/h hitting an expansion joint on Hwy. Guess this is a different issue then.
+1

Might be different, or might be the same thing, but simply the strut in question is not @ 100% fail, but more like a lower percentage%.

There is literally ONE BUMP WITHIN A 100KM radius, that I will experience this issue, emanating from the drivers side, and ONLY if travelling at a speed between 95km/h-125km/h, over that sole bump. NO exaggeration, one bump, one speed range, and it seems one ambient temperature range as well.

It seems to happen when it's hot outside, and never when cool or cold.

I also don't get the full "windshield_might_break_strut_through_hood effect, lol, but it is still loud enough to cause one, like a passenger to say to me wut wuz dat politely, lol.

With the above criteria that i have to work with, it is near impossible for me to prove this to a tech at the dealer. Ironically, I almost wish my issue was worse, and more in your face.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 04:51 PM   #27
Freddy G

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE /2011 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
I think what makes all of this even more obscure, is the fact that some are experiencing this at varying speeds, over more types of bumps, perhaps even varying ambient temperature range, while others are......(read below).

+1

Might be different, or might be the same thing, but simply the strut in question is not @ 100% fail, but more like a lower percentage%.

There is literally ONE BUMP WITHIN A 100KM radius, that I will experience this issue, emanating from the drivers side, and ONLY if travelling at a speed between 95km/h-125km/h, over that sole bump. NO exaggeration, one bump, one speed range, and it seems one ambient temperature range as well.

It seems to happen when it's hot outside, and never when cool or cold.

I also don't get the full "windshield_might_break_strut_through_hood effect, lol, but it is still loud enough to cause one, like a passenger to say to me wut wuz dat politely, lol.

With the above criteria that i have to work with, it is near impossible for me to prove this to a tech at the dealer. Ironically, I almost wish my issue was worse, and more in your face.
Thats the exact same situation for me..but mine is the passenger side. I might just let them take the struts off and check it regardless.
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 03:21 AM   #28
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry_b View Post
Is there a bulletin or something regarding this? Mine does this, but only in very sudden transitions that cause the wheel to drop out from under the car quickly. I assumed it's just the limit of the shock travel and the upper shock cap is hitting the mount. I can tell because the rubber ring is leaving a telltale black mark on the shock tower.

It's done this since I've owned it and I generally just avoid the bumps I know will be an issue. If there's a warranty claim here, I definitely want it fixed, but I would like to know how to reliably get the dealership to address the issue
Exactly the same here. I do not care for now, because its only at lower speed, when wheel drop off a severe bump. Happens on speed bumps when not going ultra slow, during front wheel drops.

2 bumps in town do that.

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote