Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

AWE Tuning

Old 01-23-2017, 08:05 PM   #1
gdgraph

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Excellent Wheel & Tire Shop - Paul at PK Auto

Paul from PK Auto has a huge selection of wheels & tires and has very reasonable prices. He deals a lot with online orders so he knows how to pack & ship the right way and has some high tech touch-less mounting systems which is well worth the investment wen you are getting a nice set of wheels. I highly recommend him and he is very responsive and helpful on the forum!
gdgraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 06:38 PM   #2
HyperBlue16

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdgraph View Post
Paul from PK Auto has a huge selection of wheels & tires and has very reasonable prices. He deals a lot with online orders so he knows how to pack & ship the right way and has some high tech touch-less mounting systems which is well worth the investment wen you are getting a nice set of wheels. I highly recommend him and he is very responsive and helpful on the forum!
I double that!!!

Just got mine, Good Deal & everything went smoothly!!!
HyperBlue16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 03:23 PM   #3
Frank237

Drives: Kubota 2640, 83 BMW R-65, 2017 1 SS
Mounting is possibly included in wheel prices....But what does he charge to MOUNT tires on wheels?

Some of the prices I've been quoted locally to CAREFULLY mount tires on alloy wheels...simply astounding! $240 to $280! To mount/balance, four new tires on four new wheels with TPMS already installed.
Frank237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 06:32 PM   #4
gdgraph

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Those quotes sound a little ridiculous. If you get nice wheels you definitely want to get them done right at a place that does touch-less mounting and that's gonna be higher than a regular tire shop, but the average is usually $35/tire for touch-less mounting and balancing.

I don't remember what Paul charged but it was definitely cheaper than buying the tires online and having them mounted locally and it made my shipment much safer since the tires protected the wheels since they were already mounted.

Shoot him a PM if you want a quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank237 View Post
Mounting is possibly included in wheel prices....But what does he charge to MOUNT tires on wheels?

Some of the prices I've been quoted locally to CAREFULLY mount tires on alloy wheels...simply astounding! $240 to $280! To mount/balance, four new tires on four new wheels with TPMS already installed.
gdgraph is offline   Reply With Quote