Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-13-2019, 07:08 PM   #15
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
That looks great!

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 07:17 PM   #16
Stewart

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS & Ground effects
Very classy and an amazing job

MY BUILD LINK: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=484260
Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 08:01 PM   #17
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I’m a little slow I guess. Using the old knob? Maybe a peak at the new one?
Old 02-13-2019, 08:13 PM   #18
awsm66

Drives: Victory Red 2011 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
I’m a little slow I guess. Using the old knob? Maybe a peak at the new one?
Its a CF ball. Nothing special but here is a pic...

awsm66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:12 AM   #19
mikeinmobile

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
Gotta have this! Super cool.
Old 02-14-2019, 12:25 AM   #20
mikeinmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSEssence View Post
Not a bad option is the CFD adaptor, I love mine!

Does anyone sell the boot part to fit around the stock auto shifter? I'm fine w/the stock shifter but don't like the plastic burial mound around it. Actually it's the only part of the interior I don't like. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 02-14-2019, 01:28 AM   #21
Ashn4it

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray LS3 M6 (SOLD)
Wow that turned out very nice! Great Job.
Ashn4it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 02:36 AM   #22
Dylan1214

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS L99
I would 100% purchase one of these.
MODS: GPI MAX Package ported and milled heads+(229/250,111 LSA),Johnson 2110 Lifters,BTR .660 Springs,CHE Trunnions,C5R chain,DSX Flex Fuel kit,LSA Injectors,ZL1 Fuel Pump,MAMO Ported MSD Intake manifold,BOWhite ported Throttle body,25% UDP,CAI Intake,Intake Scoop,Kooks 1 7/8 headers,Borla attak catback,Elite catch can,BMR Motor mounts,CircleD 5C 4000-4200 Torque converter,ADM trans cooler,Jannetty Trans dipstick,DSS Aluminum Driveshaft,3.91 Gears,Eaton TrueTrac,JRE Billet caps,BMR Trailing arms,BMR Toe rods,BMR rear sway bar,Pegasus Solid sub frame bushings,DSS 1,000HP Axles
Dylan1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:33 AM   #23
gm2376

Drives: 2010 Black 2ss Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinmobile View Post
Does anyone sell the boot part to fit around the stock auto shifter? I'm fine w/the stock shifter but don't like the plastic burial mound around it. Actually it's the only part of the interior I don't like. Any advice would be appreciated.
I am pretty sure it is just the manual boot.
ZL1 10 spokes,Dart 388,ECS Supercharger 2200x, E85 Flex Fuel sensor, Dart 388 , B&M Tranny Cooler, Vigilante 4000 Triple Disc TC,Katech Ported Heads, Texas Speed Sheet Metal Intake, ECS Big Blower Cam,ID 1700s, Fore Triple Pumps, E85,ATI Super Dampner, KW V3 Coilovers, Pfadt front and rear sway bars,Pfadt Trailing arms and toe rods,ZL1 Rear Diff, RPM 6l90e level 10 Tranny, SW Long Tubes no cats,Nick Williams Boosted 102mm TB, Dr Phil Tune,Borla Atak
gm2376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:34 AM   #24
awsm66

Its a genuine GM part that you can get from your dealer or online parts dealer. You will have to slot the screw holes for it to sit correctly and not have a gap. I think there are a couple different ones with different stitching options. I chose the one that matches my interior.

It will fit around the factory auto shifter and tie in fine...I just wanted to get rid of the stock shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinmobile View Post
Old 02-14-2019, 09:14 AM   #25
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by awsm66 View Post
Its a genuine GM part that you can get from your dealer or online parts dealer. You will have to slot the screw holes for it to sit correctly and not have a gap. I think there are a couple different ones with different stitching options. I chose the one that matches my interior.

It will fit around the factory auto shifter and tie in fine...I just wanted to get rid of the stock shifter.
The manual boot really does give it a cleaner new updated look.
orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:27 PM   #26
mikeinmobile

Quote:

Thanks guys. I'm on it!
Old 02-14-2019, 02:03 PM   #27
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383
Quote:
I saw Elvis66 posted a White Madness shifter a week or so ago and decided I would order one. I already had a manual shifter boot in the car but was using the stock shifter.

I put the White Madness shifter in and while it is a great design and well thought out and great finish, I wasn't happy with how it looked with the manual shift boot.

I was going to make an adapter for the boot but then decided to just make my own shifter instead.

I took some 2.5" solid AL stock I had and started turning it down until I had my desired shape. Then I figured out the actual length and cut it to size. Then I hollowed it out and tested it to make sure it worked like I wanted it to. Next step was to machine a piece of delrin as a bushing to the metal on the shifter so I wouldn't have metal to metal rubbing. I threaded it for a 12x1.25 because I couldn't find a CF ball I liked in the 12x1.75 thread. Lastly I milled a slot in it and turned down a screw to hold it all in.

I am not quite finished but far enough along to share what I have. I will be ceracoating the screw head with "micro slick dry film coating" to help with any seizing but I don't think it will be a problem if I didn't...I just would rather do it just in case.

I am NOT a professional machinist, and I wouldn't even say I am a hobby machinist...I am more of a "I got a good deal on some big machines from a friend and I like to play and use them some" machinist LOL. I used to use them a good bit to make collectible lightsaber hilt parts and even entire hilts but I haven't used them in quite a while so it was fun to use them again.

The shifter ball I ordered will hopefully be in on Thursday or Friday and I will update the post when I have that pic. Until then here are some progress pics.

OK all the images are rotated...sorry about that but I do not know how to fix it.
Very nice!
Something similar I also started to produce. But for manual transmission.
Finally, I got the aluminum material.

George-CZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 01:38 PM   #28
awsm66

Got the shifter ball in today. I wasn't happy with the necked down part because it looked funny to me so I took it out and machined it down. Now it meets the shifter rod correctly.

Pics and a video below...

Video...

https://youtu.be/GNn_ZqQ9Xuo