Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-24-2009, 05:16 PM   #29
RSHugger

Drives: 1969 RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
I am a fat guy, and wondered how much room there was between the door and center consol? In my Sky I am against both, not pined in but snug...
Any Comments?
Have one less cheeseburger.....

Sorry, could not resist Skyman

I am also a freak of nature at 6'7" and have been very anxious about the fit of this car... without having to break out the sawsall and welder.
RSHugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 05:34 PM   #30
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlaZ View Post
I feel so short... I'm only 6ft. tall:(
I'd actually rather be a bit shorter at times. Have trouble fitting in seats on buses!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
How do you read the guages from way back there???

Gauges? I just go after the rev of the engine and which gear I'm in
Old 03-24-2009, 05:47 PM   #31
Hoss

Drives: 2004GMC Extended Cab
CPA did you use the power seat or was the baterry power pulled? I am 6" 4" I'm not from Missouri but show me pictures, please!! What is enough room for your knees between the door and console!!

I find it hard to believe the Chevy wouldn't figure a way to leave the power seats on or show a SS at the Dallas and Ft Worth Auto Shows!!

Yes I am excited about my SS...but none the less concerned with knee room in the SS power seat version..........too!!

Signed,

Still Concerned,

Hoss
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 06:43 PM   #32
Camarino
DrIvE iT LiKe Ya STOLE It

Drives: 2005 Mustang, '68 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
I am a fat guy, and wondered how much room there was between the door and center consol? In my Sky I am against both, not pined in but snug...
Any Comments?
According to most of teh Auto-mags like motortrend the seats are built for people with a little extra girth
Old 03-24-2009, 07:13 PM   #33
Blizzard
Searching for the truth

Drives: 85 K-10, 13 1LE
This is good to hear. I'm 6'7" and this makes me feel better since I wont get to sit in one or even put my hands on a Camaro till May 6th when my dealer will have one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emher View Post
I'd actually rather be a bit shorter at times. Have trouble fitting in seats on buses!

Gauges? I just go after the rev of the engine and which gear I'm in
I too sometimes wish I was Shorter then I could use a public water fountain or put my hands under a faucet with out bending down, but then again it would be harder to talk to the ladies volleyball team here at school
Old 03-24-2009, 07:17 PM   #34
Dakota Kid

Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
I am 6'3" tall, and when I sat in the sunroof Camaro, it was too snug for me. My head was grazing the roof.

THen I sat in an SS with no sunroof, and there was plenty of room.
Dakota Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:18 PM   #35
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Damn, I'm starting to feel like this car is too big for me.....................
Old 03-24-2009, 07:53 PM   #36
Hoss

Drives: 2004GMC Extended Cab
irpq11, if you aren't tall you wouldn't understand how many nice cars in the past just weren't comfortable to sit in or even get in and drive. 95% of the nice imports are made for midgets.

I had a company cars that just wouldn't do.

I am hoping the Camaro will fit my build...I just cannot wait to get mine!!
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:54 PM   #37
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
irpq11, if you aren't tall you wouldn't understand how many nice cars in the past just weren't comfortable to sit in or even get in and drive. 95% of the nice imports are made for migets.

I had a company cars that just wouldn't do.

I am hoping the Camaro will fit my build...I just cannot wait to get mine!!
Sounds like "One Size Fits All"
Old 03-24-2009, 08:38 PM   #38
LSX-80MM
Ghostly Unknown

Drives: Silver Ice 2010 SS/RS A6
We will see.....Hope nobody is disappointed
TS416,GMPPLSX-LS3 6 Bolt Heads,Custom 80mmComp Turbo,ID850 Injectors, Lonnies Twin Pump Setup,Level 3 4L80E,DSS,3in Magnaflow Exhaust,CoolingMist Meth,RX Dual Catch Can,InnovateWB,Aeroforce Interceptor,AEM Truboost Controller,matte black CF5 Forgestars.700rwhp/712rwtrq
LSX-80MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:57 AM   #39
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z/28orSs View Post
omg +1 for making me piss
I LOVE this post of your's!!! I know you made because of the post I made about me hitting my head on the roof. In fact, everybody I've ever told this to found it funny as well...because it really was!!! But when I read your comment last night, I had to get off the computer. I couldn't quit laughing, I couldn't stop crying, in fact, I almost fell off my seat!!! So fast forward to tonight...as I read your comment again, it sent me into hysterics just like last night. I've only now been able to clear my tears away long enough to write this. So thank you for the laugh!!! I'm going to send you a friendship request...I hope you accept!
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:21 AM   #40
joepitt

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro, 2017 Acura
American car attitude: Very sad, but true to some extent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitten View Post
His response...Fanboyism..." I like Japanese cars because they are better built by people who actually know how to build a car unlike American's."
It is very sad that the American auto industry has this reputation among Americans. To a large extent they earned it in the past. It will take several years of top quality cars to change the general public's impression. I think part of it is a mind set. When an American car has a problem people are used to saying 'poor quality'. When a Japanese brand has a problem they say something like ' It can happen to any car'. A guy who has a car column in the Washington Post, Pat Goss, and radio show says his shop is seeing more imports then domestics. He thinks people used to closely follow the prevenative maintenance schedule on the imports, but not the American cars. Now they aren't doing the prevenative maintenance on the imports and it shows.
Dinah Shore, 1952: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGZvQoPxhNs
joepitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:54 AM   #41
stretch98

Drives: 2500HD pickup
I am 6'6" and 215 and I am pleased to hear this report also.

As for the OP's comments about the CTS, I drove that car and although the headroom was OK, the kneeroom especially on the console side was uncomfortably cramped (at least for me). I don't like for my accelerator leg to constantly bind against the console and that was my experience with the CTS.
stretch98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:04 AM   #42
SRFnSNO

Drives: Blown & Flamed
Great Feedback.
I have not had the opportunity to see; let alone sit in the Camaro.

6'-4" @ 220
Thanks for the report
SRFnSNO is offline   Reply With Quote