Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 07-16-2010, 03:35 PM   #323
ChevyCobb

Drives: Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerzone View Post
I know its not Top Gear related but, Jason Plato of Fifth Gear will be reviewing the Camaro SS on the July 22nd episode. (A small clip was shown on the end of the Fifth Gear 17×07 episode (torrent download.)) I wonder what his review would be like?
Will be very interesting to see what he says. Guess we will all want to see that as well.
ChevyCobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:11 PM   #324
EuroCamaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I would expect a better review as he seemed very pleased with it after his drive up the hill at Goodwood this year.

But he does drive for Chevy (Touring cars) in the UK so a vested interest

Last edited by EuroCamaro; 07-16-2010 at 05:48 PM.
EuroCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:53 PM   #325
Phantom.5SS
Hell yeah I'm Guilty.....

Drives: 2010 2-SS ABM NON-RS
Oh Buggers.....Jeremy Clarkson here and I MUUUST say you Jack the ripper types just have a MAAAAssive complex about your silly little cars.

I mean I cannot imagine her majesty with a mullet and a can of keystone light parking out side the drive-in next to your trailer park to watch the movie for free.

The Mercedes is cleeeeearly the alpha dog of automobiles in this case like the apples and oranges, and speaking of Alphas......WATCH THIS!!!

(tires squeal and James May gets run down in an alpha romeo by Richard Hammond)

I used to enjoy TopQueer more... but lately it seems they are just being ignorant.
And I am NOT the Stig.....Thank God.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:19 PM   #326
ChevyCobb

Drives: Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroCamaro View Post
I would expect a better review as he seemed very pleased with it after his drive up the hill at Goodwood this year.

But he does drive for Chevy (Touring cars) in the UK so a vested interest

[IMG]http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp274/kristiankart/pics143-1.jpg[IMG]
So couldn't it be just as much of a biased opinion, but on the other side of the scale?

I would much rather have the car that is parked in front of him in that pic
ChevyCobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 03:39 AM   #327
SpaceLord

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM Black Stripes w Body kit
I thought that TOP GEAR went off the air? Wierd, anyway... I love the show but that limey bastard always knocks american cars. Hes biased big time, Hammond is the only dude that will give em a chance.
They fail to mention that with the money you save buying a camaro you can get a supercharger for a mere 7g's and forcibly sodomize that AMG all day long, and still have money left over to buy a garage to keep it dry.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:08 AM   #328
JohnForeman

Drives: 2010 2SSRS
I hate Top Gear. They always bash american cars and they always compare us to European cars costing twice as much. Like others have said, take the saved money from buying the Camaro and drop it in the engine bay, then see how the AMG stacks up..
JohnForeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 10:30 AM   #329
DeepSouthCruzer

Drives: 2010 black 1LT M6
I almost didn't watch the review because I know how TG is about American cars. I think it's interesting that they comment about Americans having to "go to Australia for a bit of sophistication" in regard to the suspension used on the Camaro. Vauxhall may be located in Australia, but it is owned by GM.

And if I were a murderer, I'd have easy pickings since my Camaro still draws a crowd of admirers everywhere I go. I can't even stop to get gas without someone approaching me to tell me how much they like my car. The AMG just looks like every other Mercedes POS on the road.
DeepSouthCruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:12 PM   #330
willisit

Drives: Vauxhall Monaro VXR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSouthCruzer View Post
I almost didn't watch the review because I know how TG is about American cars. I think it's interesting that they comment about Americans having to "go to Australia for a bit of sophistication" in regard to the suspension used on the Camaro. Vauxhall may be located in Australia, but it is owned by GM.
Vauxhall is based in the UK actually. Opel in Germany and Holden in Australia.

Whether you care or not, GM did use Holden to tune the chassis - and why not eh? It's GM regardless and they've done a good job on previous cars.
2001 Honda CBR 600 F
willisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:18 PM   #331
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by willisit View Post
Vauxhall is based in the UK actually. Opel in Germany and Holden in Australia.

Whether you care or not, GM did use Holden to tune the chassis - and why not eh? It's GM regardless and they've done a good job on previous cars.
Actually, Vauxhall, is Holden and sells their version of the Monaro. Most of the R&D on the Camaro was in fact done by Holden. But Holden is GM, an it is smart to have that done. Holden did the design w ork on ZETA and ZETAII. Having them do the majority of the work makes good economic sense.

We are in a world market now, and are getting to the point where something is made, is unimportant.

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:38 PM   #332
Teddydog

Drives: 21 LT1 RS M6 in SSM
Anyone else see the new TOP GEAR with the Camaro?

Watched it last night. They had Richard Hammond driving it, so we didn't have to hear Clarkson talk about how terrible American cars are. Hammond liked it, but come on...they tested it against an AMG Mercedes? Not even in the same world.

I was also pretty disappointed with the lap time. But hey...they didn't bash it! Said it was a lot of car for the money.

Rob
Teddydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:44 PM   #333
06blownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
It's been a while... Many have seen it lol
Black on Black on Black 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3;K&N intake, Dynatech 1 7/8 catted LTs, Borla S Cat Back, Eibach prokit, Pfadt rear trailing arms, ZL-1 driveline, BTR Stage III Cam, Tuned by Performance Redline 444.1whp & 442.9 ft-lb
06blownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:48 PM   #334
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Yeah, we get each season in the states almost a year later.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:51 PM   #335
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
old news bro
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:59 PM   #336
Teddydog

Drives: 21 LT1 RS M6 in SSM
Well it only just premiered on BBC America this week. I'm sure there ARE lots of people that haven't seen it. I searched and didn't see anything recent here.

Rob
Teddydog is offline   Reply With Quote