Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 05-02-2016, 02:27 PM   #29
hesster

Drives: '10 C5 SS, '77 Bandit T/A
Drivers Side CF Rocker rough installed. These are a rigid part and caution is necessary to avoid over flexing and cracking them. Some minor grinding was required to get the attachment clips aligned and to get proper clearance at certain points. Fit is good considering the nature of the part, still gotta put the screws in at the front and rear. I like the profile, and the pop of the carbon fiber.
Attached Images

Last edited by hesster; 08-07-2017 at 09:10 AM.
hesster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 07:49 AM   #30
hesster

Front Fascia with APR and Shark Tooth
Got my Fascia on yesterday. Added a 2nd set of support rods to the APR. Have dual color Halos in both the Fogs and Headlamps (White/and Amber as Shown), and a Green Demon Eye with a Diffuser Ring added in the Headlamps.
Attached Images

Last edited by hesster; 08-07-2017 at 09:12 AM.
Old 05-18-2016, 02:31 PM   #31
hesster

Nice Day Finally. Throwing Paint!
Stickers On.
Figured I'd paint the underside of this beauty before installation
Misc parts - Havoc Diffuser, underside of Siebon Deck Lid, Front Scoops, Whipple Covers, etc.
Use a good gun for good results.
Attached Images

Last edited by hesster; 08-07-2017 at 09:16 AM.
Old 05-25-2016, 02:54 PM   #32
hesster

Almost done throwing paint, just got the Whipple S/C Engine Covers to finish. Painting is a real PIA, but at some point ya gotta settle for good enough. Got the Rear Deck Lid installed and fitted. And the Havoc Diffuser with the Carbon Fiber Insert, which I clear coated to make it pop more. Pretty nice stuff, but definitely requires some finessing to make it fit decently.
Attached Images

Last edited by hesster; 08-07-2017 at 09:18 AM.
Old 05-26-2016, 12:51 PM   #33
hesster

A good day with the paint gun. Finished painting the Whipple S/C Engine Covers. After much experimenting, I used aluminum primer, black base coat/clear coat, clear with silver/blue/violet pearl flake, and a black tinted topcoat with more flake. Will give them a day or so to dry before I rub them out, and install the custom Emblem Pro's "SUPERCHARGER" Emblems, then slap them on the engine. Also painted the throttle body.
Attached Images

Last edited by hesster; 08-07-2017 at 09:19 AM.
Old 05-30-2016, 11:43 AM   #34
hesster

Terminator Hood installed, fit tweaked, and SUPERCHARGED Emblem installed. This hood fits almost perfect - a quality piece and looks just bad-ass.
Attached Images

Last edited by hesster; 08-07-2017 at 09:21 AM.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:17 AM   #35
hesster

It's been a long and hard flog, but finally drove the car today. Next is a Dealer alignment. This thing is downright scary fast and rides and handles excellent so far.
Attached Images

Last edited by hesster; 08-07-2017 at 09:24 AM.
Old 06-10-2016, 02:46 PM   #36
hesster

Well - lots of debug as expected. Found a few fasteners in rear that were not final torqued (Duhh-Ohh!). Some are nearly impossible to get at, like the Rear UCA Pivot Bolt (Axle Shaft in the way). Checked everything again to be sure. Got it aligned, and the dealer spent 3 hours getting it within my specs - within 0.1 degree! And was chasing a rear end "clunk" over bumps at slow speeds - this turned out to mostly be that the Rear Coilovers were set too harsh. So I dialed them back, and the car is now wonderful, has a remarkably smooth ride, and a riot to drive. The power with the Blower and Cam is frightening - I gotta learn to drive it cause it can boil the tires at nearly any speed when you keep the boost up. Time for some outings and local car shows.
Attached Images

Last edited by hesster; 08-07-2017 at 09:26 AM.
Old 11-05-2016, 09:46 AM   #37
hesster

[FONT=&quot]Replaced the BMR Rear inboard style Sway Bar with one from Justice Pete, which mounts outboard for better ride and handling. Nice improvement. Also added a shift light cause when the blower kicks in the rear tires just blow off and the car quickly hits the rev limiter. So when the light flashes at 6K, you gotta pull a gear in a hurry. What fun!
Yeah - I installed the bar upside down, and fixed it as shown here, bolt head down.
Attached Images

Last edited by hesster; 04-22-2020 at 10:04 AM.
Old 11-05-2016, 09:51 AM   #38
hesster

Bandit back home after 2 years of storage while I built my '73. Sold the '73 to my Bro, and he "modified" it. Ouch!
Attached Images

Last edited by hesster; 08-07-2017 at 09:38 AM.
Old 08-07-2017, 09:42 AM   #39
hesster

More Updated Pics
Attached Images

Old 06-27-2023, 09:46 AM   #40
hesster

Hard to believe it has been 7 years since I started the mods on my 2010. Still going strong, with only a few functional issues - a testament of detailed and meticulous wrenching. Only minor issue is using up/purging old premium gas since the car is basically a infrequent driver and see's mostly car shows - old gas makes for harder starts as sometimes it takes 3 tries to fire, but still runs great.

Made a few more mods over the years.
- Added a separate battery in the trunk to power the LEDs. Found 8-10 hours of use at a car show would tax the regular battery too much. Use a charge port in the trunk for quick battery tender plug in.
- New LEDs in the fender vents and CAI Air Box.
- New Raceseng Ashiko shifter Knob. Big and heavy, makes for improved feel and shifts.
- More Engine Bling - chrome loom over most hoses and wires. Detail is everything at Car Shows.
- Extra Ground cable from the engine block to the Frame, and in the trunk. Grounds are critical especially in a Camaro with the battery in the trunk. I still use the stock Battery which is on a tender at all times.

I moved this year to Attica MI which is much more a rural area, so there are less car shows locally, but will probably do the drive back to the Metro area for the big 'un's. First order was to reconstruct my new house's garage to be worthy of my cars. So I installed a 9.1 HT Surround system with a 4k TV and gloss coated work bench. Almost too pretty to work on...
And have plans in motion to build a pole barn so I can build more cars, Camaro's of course!
Attached Images

Old 06-27-2023, 08:00 PM   #41
Joe.G

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 6SP Ashen Grey
Looks great, Good luck on your new shop build
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Hotckis 1" Springs & Chassis Max Brace
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Pedders Radius Rod Inserts Strut tower brace
Hero Smoked Tail and 3rd Brake Light, Diode Dynamic SL1 Fog Lights
AeroForce Dual gauge/Autometer pillar mount.
Joe.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2023, 01:27 PM   #42
Infidel67
Life's just a Ride

Drives: 2011 Synergy Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
this is sick.
It will help me a lot doing my suspension.

Last edited by Infidel67; 10-22-2023 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Adding comments
Infidel67 is offline   Reply With Quote