Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 11-14-2023, 11:07 PM   #15
Infidel67
Life's just a Ride

Drives: 2011 Synergy Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
It's good stuff, and wayyy out of my league, but never the less we all have our specialty and Skilled Trade.
Old 11-15-2023, 05:43 AM   #16
acutron42

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS AGM
Thanks for sharing such an awesome build! Like they say, if it were easy everyone would do it.
2013 2SS GPI built & tuned 415, spec'd by Andrew Cammer. GPI ported intake/tb/heads, Tooley springs, CHE trunnions, Callies rotating assembly, Diamond pistons, GPI SS3 VVT, ATI 10% ud damper, Circle D 3800, Kooks ceramic coated lt's with green cats, Mishimoto rad & oil cooler, Derale trans cooler, Holley efi rails.
acutron42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 06:19 AM   #17
SlowLS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS , 2011 Colorado LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Can’t wait to see it come together, I’m particularly interested in the 6060 swap, I’ve contemplated this myself. I’m like you in that I do everything my self. Nice work so far, that thing has a bad ass stance.
I'll let you know of any road blocks if I come across any. Not a lot of info on people that "complete" the swap and what it took to do it. I feel like I did all the research I needed beforehand. For the most part it's just straight up mechanic work. Let's see how it plays out.
Old 11-15-2023, 06:20 AM   #18
SlowLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel67 View Post
It's good stuff, and wayyy out of my league, but never the less we all have our specialty and Skilled Trade.
Secret to success is having the proper tool for the job, knowing how to ask the right questions, and some good common sense. I'm certain you could do it.
Old 11-15-2023, 06:21 AM   #19
SlowLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by acutron42 View Post
Thanks for sharing such an awesome build! Like they say, if it were easy everyone would do it.
Thank you sir. I will keep you all updated as the build progresses.
Old 11-16-2023, 06:39 PM   #20
SlowLS1

Pedals are in, what a pain in the ass!
Attached Images

Old 11-20-2023, 05:52 PM   #21
Bee

Drives: SS/RS - Rally Yellow
I just have to say your suspension setup is bad ass!

Nice job on the work so far with the TR6060 swap...I'm looking forward to seeing your progress.

And BTW, your garage looks awesome. What brand of tiles did you go with on the floor?

SEPA5 South Eastern Pennsylvania 5th Gen Camaro Club
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 05:22 AM   #22
SlowLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
I just have to say your suspension setup is bad ass!

Nice job on the work so far with the TR6060 swap...I'm looking forward to seeing your progress.

And BTW, your garage looks awesome. What brand of tiles did you go with on the floor?
Thanks for the compliments

The floor is GarageDeck, made by snap-loc. Absolutely love it and regret not doing it sooner. Million times better to stand/lay on than concrete.
Old 12-04-2023, 06:05 PM   #23
SlowLS1

MAJOR Milestone this evening.

Segment swapped the ECM with a manual trans calibration. Started without issue. I did cheat a bit, as I disabled the clutch interlock until I wire in the clutch position sensor.

Currently no exhaust, MAF or cam sensor, and no trans but test fire started and ran a couple seconds, long enough to verify operation from the tune side. Only light on is the airbag light because the Driver seat is not installed and SES dues to cam sensor not connected.

Very pleased with this!

First Start

Up next, get the trans in and the hydraulics working.

Last edited by SlowLS1; 12-04-2023 at 07:07 PM.
SlowLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 10:13 AM   #24
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLS1 View Post
MAJOR Milestone this evening.

Segment swapped the ECM with a manual trans calibration. Started without issue. I did cheat a bit, as I disabled the clutch interlock until I wire in the clutch position sensor.

Currently no exhaust, MAF or cam sensor, and no trans but test fire started and ran a couple seconds, long enough to verify operation from the tune side. Only light on is the airbag light because the Driver seat is not installed and SES dues to cam sensor not connected.

Very pleased with this!

First Start

Up next, get the trans in and the hydraulics working.
Dude thats awesome!

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 04:22 PM   #25
SlowLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bald_eagle_machine View Post
Dude thats awesome!
I'm very f'n hyped about this.

I went into this project with so little information on anyone that completed it "successfully" that would share info. I said screw it, I will figure it out as I go, hours of research on the topic and here I am.

FWIW, there is a lot of misinformation on this. Modifying engine harnesses, and BCM programming, etc...

I pulled the L99 harness, put in the LS3 harness. Read out my program in the ECM without the TCM connected. Segment swapped the ECM with with a M6 file of the same OS. Mechanically disabled the Key lock solenoid, although I know how to do it electrically and "may" do that before I button it up. Here I am, car is as happy as a pig in mud. 3 wires for the Clutch Position sensor and a relearn procedure, then all safeties are in place and working.

Mechanically, it all works with exception of the clutch pedal. No hole in the firewall. No biggie, fabbed a template and went to town on making the hole.

It started the first attempt and there was no can bus faults, all modules present and accounted for. She's happy and so am I!
Old 12-06-2023, 10:14 AM   #26
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLS1 View Post
I'm very f'n hyped about this.

I went into this project with so little information on anyone that completed it "successfully" that would share info. I said screw it, I will figure it out as I go, hours of research on the topic and here I am.

FWIW, there is a lot of misinformation on this. Modifying engine harnesses, and BCM programming, etc...

I pulled the L99 harness, put in the LS3 harness. Read out my program in the ECM without the TCM connected. Segment swapped the ECM with with a M6 file of the same OS. Mechanically disabled the Key lock solenoid, although I know how to do it electrically and "may" do that before I button it up. Here I am, car is as happy as a pig in mud. 3 wires for the Clutch Position sensor and a relearn procedure, then all safeties are in place and working.

Mechanically, it all works with exception of the clutch pedal. No hole in the firewall. No biggie, fabbed a template and went to town on making the hole.

It started the first attempt and there was no can bus faults, all modules present and accounted for. She's happy and so am I!
Sounds like a little bit of an intense job to be honest. I get it though, i wouldn't trade my manual for any automatic. My toy/sports cars have to be manual. Just something about rowing through gears that gives me the feels.

Did you add a seperate reservoir for the clutch fluid?

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 12:29 PM   #27
SlowLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bald_eagle_machine View Post
Sounds like a little bit of an intense job to be honest. I get it though, i wouldn't trade my manual for any automatic. My toy/sports cars have to be manual. Just something about rowing through gears that gives me the feels.

Did you add a seperate reservoir for the clutch fluid?
I enjoy the complicated stuff. LOL
I much prefer manual for my toys, wasn’t gonna get rid of the car, so swap it is.

I mounted a separate reservoir here, and was able to use the stock line. I’m happy with it.
Attached Images

Last edited by SlowLS1; 12-06-2023 at 05:22 PM.
SlowLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 07:01 PM   #28
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
bad ass! Congrats on the huge progress so far! Can’t wait to see it in and on the road!
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote