Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-19-2017, 10:59 AM   #29
spadz93
BUMBL Z

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Thread reviving, because of this, who would one go to to purchase a kit of similar install and function?
Current: 2015 ZL1 M6, Rotofab Intake, LS3 throttle body, 2.55 Upper/9.17 Lower w/ Idler Relocation, DMS Reinforced Brick, ID1050X, 1 7/8" Headers, ProSpeed HX/Reservoir, DSX Aux Pump/Flex Fuel Sensor, E85, McLeod RXT, BMR 1" Drop, Tuned by Pat G
Past: 2010 2SS, some bolt ons, 415rwhp/400rwtq

spadz93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 11:36 AM   #30
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Read the thread. Plenty of information available stating clearly that NightOwl is out of business and/or no longer supporting Camaro, along with a few alternative newer products and solutions.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 01:46 PM   #31
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Really disappointing for you guys it’s such a great kit I loved it on my 5th Gen. I am really surprised nobody has offered a replacement LED for this kit.
Old 06-21-2017, 08:21 AM   #32
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
...I am really surprised nobody has offered a replacement LED for this kit.
Read the thread,

There are a ton of solutions and better products available today. Since the release of RGBWW and "neoprism" almost two years ago, there are many professional alternative solutions. While these vendors may not be well known in such a niche market as a single make/model vehicle, they are extremely well known within the lighting community. XGlow for example, has complete kits with all lights and wires for almost any vehicle. For those looking to really up their game and not actually intellectually challenged, they can order anything they want directly from China for less than $50 that would like up a car like a dancing Christmas tree.
Old 06-21-2017, 12:22 PM   #33
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
The Nightowl stuff was better than anything else that showed up at CF at Indy the first year; and not by a little bit. The products were better, the tech was better, the control method was out of this world. The end result looked factory and no one was baking headlights anymore. The list goes on.

Could I source my own stuff from China to compete for $50? Perhaps on the surface; but not from a practicality standpoint. Not from a fit, finish, durability and plug-n-play standpoint.

I am a father of three and was more than willing to pay a premium for a great, well though-out product that took the guesswork out of it all to get the look I wanted. So were a lot of other folks. It has nothing to do with intellect and everything to do with time and priorities.

Just because I know how to grow corn and raise an animal doesn't mean I want to plow up my yard and bring livestock home. I go to the grocery store.

I understand Nightowl struggled in the end and decided the fight wasn't worth it anymore for a lot of reasons, but I still don't get that some people can't admit it was a great option for a lot of us. No regrets from me.
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:46 AM   #34
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef-beavis View Post
The Nightowl stuff was better than anything else that showed up at CF at Indy the first year...
Agreed, was awesome almost 10 years ago. After installing the 10th one it became more of a game to see how fast we could get a full system done. If you can source some used parts or deal on the side through old stock and contacts that's cool, but the products and options available today in the market simply make Nightowl outdated. From professional phone apps to all-in-one wiring kits and endless lighting patterns. Vendors will also be more than happy to charge customers 5-10x markup for those not wanting to source the same products direct.
Old 06-29-2017, 04:30 PM   #35
WiSSDiver

Drives: 1968 Coupe, 2010 2SS, 2011 2SS/RS
Going to kick the can on this and see what happens. I haven't posted for some time, partly because I moved on, but mostly because I sold both my Camaro's and bought a C7 Vette.

I know, what does that have to do with the Night Owl's? I bought them when I bought my last C5 but never installed them. I wouldn't mind seeing if I could hook them up to my C7's DRL's but for the same reason I didn't install them in the Camaro, I probably won't take the time to put them in the C7.

Clearly these guys are out of business but the product was pretty good. I still have mine in the box and never touched them.

Is any one interested? I think they were around $400 when I bought them new.

Any takers? make me an offer.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:16 PM   #36
meSSohappy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
I have this LED bulb issue now. Where can I get the replacement led? Great kit, very happy with it.
DAVENPORT STAGE 2 PLUS - 2" ARH ceramic coated headers - 3" ARH catless exhaust - Stock NPP mufflers - Kong ported SC - Katech 103 ported TB - Rotofab 5" Big gulp CAI - 22.5% lower pulley - ATI Harmonic balancer - Cordes SC expansion tank - MSD hi temp ignition wires - Koolsox spark plug insulators - custom tunes - 660hp/725tq pump - 713hp/763tq race

meSSohappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 10:44 AM   #37
sjmautoprod

Drives: '16 2SS
We can supply the LED assemblies, assuming that you are talking about the 2010-2013 RGB-halo kit.
sjmautoprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 08:28 AM   #38
sjmautoprod

Also, for anyone still interested in NightOwl, see here.
Old 07-23-2017, 10:58 AM   #39
davesnever

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef-beavis View Post
The Nightowl stuff was better than anything else that showed up at CF at Indy the first year; and not by a little bit. The products were better, the tech was better, the control method was out of this world. The end result looked factory and no one was baking headlights anymore. The list goes on.

Could I source my own stuff from China to compete for $50? Perhaps on the surface; but not from a practicality standpoint. Not from a fit, finish, durability and plug-n-play standpoint.

I am a father of three and was more than willing to pay a premium for a great, well though-out product that took the guesswork out of it all to get the look I wanted. So were a lot of other folks. It has nothing to do with intellect and everything to do with time and priorities.

Just because I know how to grow corn and raise an animal doesn't mean I want to plow up my yard and bring livestock home. I go to the grocery store.

I understand Nightowl struggled in the end and decided the fight wasn't worth it anymore for a lot of reasons, but I still don't get that some people can't admit it was a great option for a lot of us. No regrets from me.
I hate to burst your bubble but a lot of that stuff you are talking about comes from China originally and gets re-branded over here. Those asians pretty much have the market cornered on that sort of stuff.I know for a fact the Oracle halo kits are all asian original equipment,not sure about Night Owl but I bet if you dig around the web you will find the parts are there.The only difference is you may have to wait 6 weeks for it to arrive lol.
davesnever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 11:02 AM   #40
sjmautoprod

FWIW, the NightOwl modules are 100% custom, not rebranded anything.
Old 07-23-2017, 11:17 PM   #41
chef-beavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesnever View Post
I hate to burst your bubble but a lot of that stuff you are talking about comes from China originally and gets re-branded over here. Those asians pretty much have the market cornered on that sort of stuff.I know for a fact the Oracle halo kits are all asian original equipment,not sure about Night Owl but I bet if you dig around the web you will find the parts are there.The only difference is you may have to wait 6 weeks for it to arrive lol.
You're wrong. Sorry.
Old 07-23-2017, 11:19 PM   #42
chef-beavis

For the record, I got to know the guy that sourced the parts, designed the modules, wrote the control app, built harnesses, etc. I was a beta tester. Be a d#ck to someone else.

Thanks.

Tags
halo, night, nightowl, owl