Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 02-20-2024, 12:40 AM   #169
rocknroll_jeph

Drives: 11 Camaro V6 RS, 03 BMW Z4
The last day of my 2 week Chinese New Year vacation was a blast. My friend invited me to go on a mystery road trip. We saw some amazing sights along the way and at the top of a mountain had a hot pot lunch, both of our wives didn't want to join so it was just the two of us.

After lunch we kept driving deeper into the mountains enjoying the views. It's always unbelievable that all of the things I do are all within "Beijing". It's more than just the Forbidden City and summer palace, and after 24 years here I am still finding new places.
Attached Images

rocknroll_jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 11:59 AM   #170
MSgt O

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert LS3/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknroll_jeph View Post
Glad you got to watch that video, I was just joking about learning to drive on that car, to clarify, the first car I ever drove in 1997 was a stick shift and I've always had a manual until the Camaro, and that's just because it wasn't available with a manual in the local market.
HA! Yeah, was very cool to see! Saw your trip into the moutains as well just now. Enjoying it all, and how cool is it with your car as well! You ever get back home, we will have to meet up!
MSgt O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 12:39 PM   #171
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknroll_jeph View Post
The last day of my 2 week Chinese New Year vacation was a blast. My friend invited me to go on a mystery road trip. We saw some amazing sights along the way and at the top of a mountain had a hot pot lunch, both of our wives didn't want to join so it was just the two of us.

After lunch we kept driving deeper into the mountains enjoying the views. It's always unbelievable that all of the things I do are all within "Beijing". It's more than just the Forbidden City and summer palace, and after 24 years here I am still finding new places.
Looks like a really good time.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 06:14 PM   #172
rocknroll_jeph

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSgt O View Post
HA! Yeah, was very cool to see! Saw your trip into the moutains as well just now. Enjoying it all, and how cool is it with your car as well! You ever get back home, we will have to meet up!
Thanks, I'd love to get up north this summer, we'll be in touch!
Old 02-21-2024, 06:20 PM   #173
rocknroll_jeph

During last weekend's road trip I also recorded video and while I only have one camera, I had enough footage to make a basic video. I tries some new editing techniques (it took me a few hours to learn how to create an animated map) and this is the first time I tried a narration. It's not the best, but it was a learning exercise. Usually when I record my voice it's for a punk/ ska song, so making it clean and bold was a challenge. I learned a lot and next time it will be better!

https://dcd.zjbyte.cn/i7337981571460...app=automobile

I hope that the link works around the world, and hope you all enjoy the views (and hospitality) that I get living abroad! I'm always excited to share my experiences.
Old 02-21-2024, 06:41 PM   #174
SlowLS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS , 2011 Colorado LS1
Absolutely love the video. You did a great job on it. I bet you and your Camaro get a lot of attention! Your friend’s SRT 8 was very nice also.
Old 02-21-2024, 06:51 PM   #175
rocknroll_jeph

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLS1 View Post
Absolutely love the video. You did a great job on it. I bet you and your Camaro get a lot of attention! Your friend’s SRT 8 was very nice also.
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. My friend wrecked his Aston Martin last summer and the SRT8 was his replacement.

There are a lot of Jeeps in China, but SRTs are very rare.