Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-27-2011, 10:06 AM   #43
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Are you selling any winning lottery tickets?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Service@RevolutionStyling View Post
That color makes the car !!! Anyone thats absolutely wanting the sunrise gold , we are offering a full color change from any color to HOK sunrise gold (bumblebee color) for additional $7800. I know this seems like alot , and it would be ALOT easier and cheaper do it on the line because the entire car is already stripped and de trimmed. This entails removing doors, trunk , hood , fenders, bumpers, glass and everything else we can take off the car , We even spray the engine bay after removing everything. Anyone interested in this please pm , and we can discuss more options , from supercharger , interior to full exterior rebuild including custom rear vented quarter panels.
FL1CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:15 AM   #44
Eric-MPD1.com

Drives: Cool parts for cool cars
That color would be easy to get the same effect on a production basis. Tri-stage paint is applied by quite a few of the OEM's. Not so difficult. Just another decal car IMO.
Eric-MPD1.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:20 AM   #45
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
well, I think it's nice that at least they're putting different decals on the body. That will definitely differentiate it from other Camaros.

However, I just want everybody to know, that I blacked out my upper bumper before this edition came out. GM copied me!
Old 06-27-2011, 10:26 AM   #46
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS

Can we just make a sticky somewhere about WHY you can't get sunrise yellow as a factory color?

Let's list some of the reasons:

1: The paint itself is probably about $3000

2: The line that builds Camaros also builds other vehicles. They have about 10 colors to share between multiple vehicles. If one color doesn't get used a lot, it goes bad, so they have to throw it out. I can't imagine GM will sell enough optional (let's GM price it) $5000paint jobs on a Camaro to keep the paint from going bad.

3: They had enough problems color matching body panels with RJT and ABM, can you imagine how many, "My paint doesn't match!!! WTF!" threads there would be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:27 AM   #47
shawn18
OWTATIME

Drives: 1969 CaRaMo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric-MPD1.com View Post
That color would be easy to get the same effect on a production basis. Tri-stage paint is applied by quite a few of the OEM's. Not so difficult. Just another decal car IMO.
Ding..Ding...Ding.........We have a winner.............
Old 06-27-2011, 10:33 AM   #48
Sawyer

Drives: '13 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
But half-assing a car, slapping a name on it from a movie with a wing and some wheels + a little bit of stitching seems like an insult to those of us that actually liked Transformers before it showcased this car.

It's already too much $$$ for what you get.

If it had the correct hood, vents, body kit, color, wing and front fascia -- then I'd consider it..

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:34 AM   #49
sasquash1984
502 RWHP N/A

Drives: The yeti
Quote:
Originally Posted by toesuf94 View Post
I was bummed that the color is Rally Yellow again...but I love the package. Now if it came with a Meagan Fox Trunk Monkey...yeah...
or rosie huntigton even better no whining
factory motor factory trans, Gpi ss4 cam stock heads ported and milled, full exhaust, circle d 5c 4000 triple disk, 3:91 rear end with posi mod, cai, bmr derlin rear diff bushins, bmr derlin cradle bushins, bmr trailing arms, toe rods with bushings, and bmr anti extreme sway bar. Weld rt-s 17x5 fronts and 17X10 rears on mickey thompson et street r's
sasquash1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:35 AM   #50
mondain

Drives: toyota
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Ford at least offered Bullitt Mustangs in the correct green, no?

This could be the last movie in the Michael Bay's Transformers series, and it was arguably the last time for GM to get it right. Having been a Transformers fan since 1984, when Bumblebee was a Volkswagon and not even GoldBug, I was really hoping this package might hit the mark. Yes, I am a geek -- a geek with buying power. And I have decided this package did not go the distance for me.
mondain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:38 AM   #51
LarryCook

Drives: 2011 2LT RS
I like the spoiler ...
Old 06-27-2011, 10:43 AM   #52
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Drives: 2016 SS
If this is a factory option why not include the movie hood, front fascia, and hmm concept mirrors? That would have been great. Make it look EXACTLY like the movie car.

What would really be cool is when you start the car (as the HUD warms up) instead of the Chevy logo, there would be a Autobot logo instead. I believe that would be sweet. Maybe I am going a little too far out there, but what about special floor mats too with Autobot logo and yellow stitching too? Make it really unique!
LED Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:51 AM   #53
windycityRS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
OMG! I love everything about this car! This shade of yellow is definitely better than the original Bumbleebee package...I would love to have this one. Can't wait to see it in person.
windycityRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:52 AM   #54
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
I will reserve judgement until actual photos of a production version are released. It's hard to judge something based on a rendering.

I still wish someone would produce an aftermarket replica of the front fascia with the exact same ports and fog lights.

I really like the look of BB's vertical LED foglights...

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:52 AM   #55
mondain

Drives: toyota
Quote:
Originally Posted by windycityRS View Post
OMG! I love everything about this car! This shade of yellow is definitely better than the original Bumbleebee package...I would love to have this one. Can't wait to see it in person.
It's the exact same yellow
mondain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:54 AM   #56
DUGG

Drives: 2010 Imperial Blue Metallic 2LT
When does the High-Wing rear spoiler go on sale through GM? How much and what is the order code (for Imperial Blue?).....
DUGG is offline   Reply With Quote