Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 11-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #1
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
Best Cleaning Products?

Best Shampoos? (i.e. Adams, Meguiars, Mothers...)
Best Microfiber cloths?
Best EVERYTHING!?

I just got my 2014 1LT/RS last week tuesday, and I live on a dirt road. You can only pressure wash it so many times, before the dirt just remains embedded on the paint! I need to hand wash my car badly, but don't know the right supplies to do it with. Any suggestions?
Old 11-20-2013, 08:41 PM   #2
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Bam! Best of everything in one thread!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275418

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:50 PM   #3
SSMickey
SECC

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post

Very good info in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeeb View Post
Best Microfiber cloths?
Best EVERYTHING!?

I just got my 2014 1LT/RS last week tuesday, and I live on a dirt road. You can only pressure wash it so many times, before the dirt just remains embedded on the paint! I need to hand wash my car badly, but don't know the right supplies to do it with. Any suggestions?
Keep in mind that the "best" is a very subjective opinion. What works best for someone else in a certain situation might not work best for you.

In the end, the best of whatever will not make up for bad technique. Get quality products and learn how to properly use them and you'll be golden.

BTW: Beautiful car.
Vengeance Stage II Cam, Halltech CAI, RX Catch Can, Full ARH Exhaust, QTP Cutouts, Powerbond 25% Underdrive, MGW Shifter, MTI Drop Springs, Forgeline RB3C Wheels, 3.91 gears, Night Owl LED Control System
SSMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:06 PM   #4
Kleeeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMickey View Post
Very good info in this thread.

Keep in mind that the "best" is a very subjective opinion. What works best for someone else in a certain situation might not work best for you.

In the end, the best of whatever will not make up for bad technique. Get quality products and learn how to properly use them and you'll be golden.

BTW: Beautiful car.
Yes this is true. Thanks for the compliment, she's pretty amazing.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:53 PM   #5
Kleeeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post

Thank you! Everything is so damn expensive... Sheesh.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:14 PM   #6
otter

Drives: Eastbound and Down
Quote:
When you find the products you like start buying in bulk. I am buying the stuff I use all the time by the gallon or in concentrate. You will really save money that way.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:32 PM   #7
Candr3535

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Triple Black Vert M6 #5591
I personally like Adams products, best I've used and all my vehicles look pretty good.... Just My opinion
Dyna-Tech Headers Ceramic Coated w/Super Flo Cats, JRE Custom Rough Idle Racing Cam Package and 125 RWHP Pulley Kit w/ 28% pulley, Custom Tune by Ted, ID850 injectors, JMS Fuel Booster, NGK Plugs, MSD Plug Wires, Roto-Fab CAI, Roto-Fab Big Gulp, Elite Catch Can, Mild to Wild, 90mm VMaxx Ported Throttle Body, Skip Shift Elim., D3 Coolant Resevoir, Separated Clutch Resevoir, and Fuzzy Red Dice..
Candr3535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:34 PM   #8
Kleeeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by otter View Post
When you find the products you like start buying in bulk. I am buying the stuff I use all the time by the gallon or in concentrate. You will really save money that way.
What do you use?
Old 11-20-2013, 10:35 PM   #9
Kleeeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candr3535 View Post
I personally like Adams products, best I've used and all my vehicles look pretty good.... Just My opinion
Where can I get Adams products? The places I have looked haven't had them.. should I order online?
Old 11-20-2013, 10:42 PM   #10
Candr3535

I order directly from Adams and use coupon code Camaro5. All the products are great, wheel cleaner and shampoo, waxes, detail spray, they sell packages including all the products cheaper to buy that way and bulk is cheaper.....good luck
Dyna-Tech Headers Ceramic Coated w/Super Flo Cats, JRE Custom Rough Idle Racing Cam Package and 125 RWHP Pulley Kit w/ 28% pulley, Custom Tune by Ted, ID850 injectors, JMS Fuel Booster, NGK Plugs, MSD Plug Wires, Roto-Fab CAI, Roto-Fab Big Gulp, Elite Catch Can, Mild to Wild, 90mm VMaxx Ported Throttle Body, Skip Shift Elim., D3 Coolant Resevoir, Separated Clutch Resevoir, and Fuzzy Red Dice..
Old 11-20-2013, 10:43 PM   #11
Candr3535

The best product they have is the jumbo waffle drying towel. A must have
Old 11-20-2013, 11:53 PM   #12
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Where can I get Adams products? The places I have looked haven't had them.. should I order online?
If you think the products in that link are expensive wait until you see Adam's prices. Really good products are going to cost you a bit of money but they will usually last a lot longer than the over the counter stuff. I put in about 300 dollars to buy all my products including my polisher and haven't spent a cent in a year for detailing. It's not until now that I'm going to be buying just tire shine since it's what I have depleted. But yes, as others have said buy gallons of things you really like.

If you're looking for Autozone stuff, I recommend Meguire's gold class shampoo for car wash soap. If I were to spend big money on something initially it'd be FIRST for a drying towel since that's where you can cause the most scratches to your clear coat and also for a wash media. Whether it be a wash pad or mitt. If you buy quality on those, you can significantly reduce your chance for swirls even with OTC products. But like anything, detailing can get to be an expensive hobby.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:06 AM   #13
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Best Microfiber cloths?
Best EVERYTHING!?

First, you can't pressure wash the dirt off your car- It takes a little elbow grease. Second, before paying a small fortune for a lot of hyped products, why not start at your local Wal-Mart ? I've secured dozens of trophies and awards at local and National Meets on my antique cars with nothing I can't buy locally. This is just my opinion, but Turtle Wax Car Wash and Mequire's Cleaner Wax plus the correct tire and wheel cleaner would be a good start for you.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:12 AM   #14
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
You want the best or the cheapest? I'm confused.

Everything in my thread is the best value, in my opinion. My criteria is the best there is, without spending more than you have to. Meaning, when two products perform equally, I go for the cheaper.

Also, remember when you buy good product, you buy it less often because it works better/lasts longer.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2