Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-11-2018, 10:06 AM   #15
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashn_G_1LE View Post
Also, one more question, with this set up, is it worth it to upgrade fuel pump and injectors and go on e85?

Change the lifters if you have your heads off for sure. If you aren't planning on taking them off you should be fine but it would be a good idea. E85/flex fuel tuning is a great way to make some easy liquid power. Upgrade to a ZL1 pump and swap out for some LSA injectors (or bigger if you plan on modding further). We can cut you a nice deal on a complete set up if you still need the stuff.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 08:45 PM   #16
Slammed1000

Drives: 2011 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_C View Post
Yes!

I did ID850's and ZL1 pump.

I'm already maxing out the ZL1 pump @ WOT starting around 4k rpm's on E85 at 75% Ethanol on my setup though.
You should have enough fuel with that pump. If it wasn’t already done make sure the FPCM was flashed to maintain pressure at 58psi and you can also turn up the fuel pump voltage in the alternator settings some. Fuel pressure should stay rock solid.
Slammed1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 08:27 AM   #17
JooktheSnooke

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
i put a cam in my car with 70k miles. i upgraded lifters as well. since the heads were off i sent them to texas speed to get ported and polished. also think about getting a new crank gear(the teeth on mine were worn), cam gear , chain, and the wish bone style chain dampener.
2010 Cyber Gray Metallic 2SS/RS LS3 6 Speed -- Rotofab CAI | Stainless Works Longtubes w/ high flow cats | Muffler Delete | TSP 229/244 stage 2 cam| TSP .660" Spring Kit | TSP CNC Ported Heads | Mulling high volume oil pump | PTB | Trunnion upgrade | Hurst short throw shifter | Elite Engineering Catch Can | Exedy stage 1 clutch |
JooktheSnooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 08:45 AM   #18
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
don't forget your going to need new lifter baskets also they keep the lifters aligned in the heads and wear as they are plastic....if I did not mention it before.
Old 11-12-2018, 01:21 PM   #19
Roader

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammed1000 View Post
You should have enough fuel with that pump. If it wasn’t already done make sure the FPCM was flashed to maintain pressure at 58psi and you can also turn up the fuel pump voltage in the alternator settings some. Fuel pressure should stay rock solid.
I have same issue and fpcm was flashed. I think it depends on where his power and is. I ran Lsa injectors and zl1 pump with no issues. Then id850s wi5 zl1 pump and no issues. The last round of mods have me losing fuel pressure up around 7k
Roader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 01:27 PM   #20
Slammed1000

Drives: 2011 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roader View Post
I have same issue and fpcm was flashed. I think it depends on where his power and is. I ran Lsa injectors and zl1 pump with no issues. Then id850s wi5 zl1 pump and no issues. The last round of mods have me losing fuel pressure up around 7k
Was the fuel pump voltage turned up in the alternator settings?

How do you know your out of pump?

I run the ZL1 pump and make enough power to go 10.73@128 (NA E85)pump never drops below 58psi. I will say it did until the FPCM was flashed AND fuel pump voltage was turned up. Spin it to 7200.
Slammed1000 is offline   Reply With Quote