Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-14-2015, 06:47 PM   #1
cadelennon

Drives: '15 Camaro 1lt,
favorite mod and why?

mine would be adding rs headlights!!!
cadelennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 06:48 PM   #2
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
You didn't say why...
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 06:49 PM   #3
cadelennon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
You didn't say why...
because they look very badass
Old 04-14-2015, 06:50 PM   #4
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Definitely headers. The sound and extra power is extremely worth it.
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 06:58 PM   #5
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadelennon View Post
because they look very badass
LOL fair enough..

My favorite mod was turbochargers, because racecar.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 06:59 PM   #6
Jbow89

Drives: 2012 LS
Ns1 stripes cause it looks great and different
Jbow89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:01 PM   #7
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Mine is intake because it is the only mod I have.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:02 PM   #8
Squillo69
Banned

Drives: 2013 LS3 BRM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbs View Post
Definitely headers. The sound and extra power is extremely worth it.
+1
Squillo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:11 PM   #9
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
I would say that I love them all... but here's an order if I really had to choose:

1. Hotchkis Set - Because the ride feels awesome on the road and when turning. The suspension has stiffened up but not to the point where its unbearable. The 1" drop makes it all look amazing.
2. Opening up the air pipes. a. Headers/HFC Combo b. Catback Exhaust c. CAI d. Throttle Body e. Tune f. (future) Intake Manifold - why else? POWAH!! The Sound is an added bonus. Just makes ya feel good...
3. Wheels - I love the look. Considered going black 'something' and maybe I will one day, but for now, I'm in love.
4. Lighting - Cosmetics has been second to performance. But for many reason including safety, the added lighting output has been a plus.
5. Hurst Shifter - best shifter in the market in my opinion... except that, like others apparently, the shift knob is sub par and was soon replaced with something heavier. Since, shifting is smooth as butter.
6. Spoiler, Splitter, CF Hood - I've yet to install the Splitter and Hood - but the spoiler was installed early on. I love the look on the 3dCarbon Camaro... except for perhaps the front splitter/ground effects.
7. Other... the little things that make ya smile.

Future mods - Side Rockers, possible ZL1 front end, RS Headlights, and the sky's the limit...
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:17 PM   #10
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Vitese Throttle Controller. If I had done this first, I may have passed on the ported throttle body and cold air intake. It just unleashes so much hidden power and responsiveness.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:17 PM   #11
cadelennon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
I would say that I love them all... but here's an order if I really had to choose:

1. Hotchkis Set - Because the ride feels awesome on the road and when turning. The suspension has stiffened up but not to the point where its unbearable. The 1" drop makes it all look amazing.
2. Opening up the air pipes. a. Headers/HFC Combo b. Catback Exhaust c. CAI d. Throttle Body e. Tune f. (future) Intake Manifold - why else? POWAH!! The Sound is an added bonus. Just makes ya feel good...
3. Wheels - I love the look. Considered going black 'something' and maybe I will one day, but for now, I'm in love.
4. Lighting - Cosmetics has been second to performance. But for many reason including safety, the added lighting output has been a plus.
5. Hurst Shifter - best shifter in the market in my opinion... except that, like others apparently, the shift knob is sub par and was soon replaced with something heavier. Since, shifting is smooth as butter.
6. Spoiler, Splitter, CF Hood - I've yet to install the Splitter and Hood - but the spoiler was installed early on. I love the look on the 3dCarbon Camaro... except for perhaps the front splitter/ground effects.
7. Other... the little things that make ya smile.

Future mods - Side Rockers, possible ZL1 front end, RS Headlights, and the sky's the limit...
wow! your car sound great!
Old 04-14-2015, 07:36 PM   #12
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Ya, it all came together nicely... the only issue I ever ran across with the mods I've installed so far is with the HFC's. It was tough getting them to finally stop leaking where the headers connect (passenger side specificially)... popped a CEL due to the leak... but after that was solved, the CEL went away and it's all been great since.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:42 PM   #13
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Kooks headers, and Borla S-type cat back exhaust..

Why?? I think you know why...

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:50 PM   #14
BETO713

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS
Air Suspension, Why? DaT STanCE!

Other than that it would be my powder coated wheels
BETO713 is offline   Reply With Quote