Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 06:59 AM   #1
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
Crashing Servers?

Does anyone else notice that every single morning, around about 7:30 East Coast time, that the servers crash and the board gets locked?
Why does this happen?
Is there anything we, collectively as memebrs can do to alleviate this situation?
Old 04-04-2014, 07:11 AM   #2
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I can't say that I see a pattern like you're talking about, but it does seem to go down more than it used too.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:34 AM   #3
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
What do you mean? Does it freeze or just crash?
Old 04-04-2014, 07:36 AM   #4
Spartan01

The whole site crashes, any window threads you have open won't load, you go to post and it doesn't go through
Old 04-04-2014, 09:56 AM   #5
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Yes, every morning from 7:50 am EST to 8:00 am like clockwork. For a solid 10 minutes it is impossible to do anything on the forum. Been meaning to post about it.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:02 AM   #6
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Yes, every morning from 7:50 am EST to 8:00 am like clockwork. For a solid 10 minutes it is impossible to do anything on the forum. Been meaning to post about it.
That's why I don't see it then. I'm in a car at that time every morning. I have had other times that it goes down though for me.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:03 AM   #7
Spartan01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post

See?
this is exactly what I am talking about.
Does anyone know why?
Seriously, I am a computer tard and have no idea how any of this works.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:52 AM   #8
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
I know GMI does this around midnight most nights. Not sure why but it fixes itself pretty quickly.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:41 AM   #9
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I don't know the technical side of the site very well, but if it happens every day, at the same time, for the same duration, I'm gunna say its a scheduled daily maintenance thing. Not sure what the site needs to do each day that would force it to be shut down, but I'm sure there's something that needs to happen to keep all those 1's and 0's happy. In which case, about the only thing that could be done about it is moving it around to another time. Unfortunately, there isn't too much of a window between late (west coast) night and early (east coast) morning.

Have you been noticing this for about the last month or so? I ask because thats when (most) clocks moved ahead one hour. And a lot of websites seem to base their schedules off of a non-DST clock, which causes things to shift by an hour each spring and fall for everybody else. And that would take a fairly convienent for everybody time of 6:50 am eastern (3:50 pacific) and make it a little more bothersome for those in the east.

Thats my theory anyway.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 04-04-2014, 12:40 PM   #10
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I don't know the technical side of the site very well, but if it happens every day, at the same time, for the same duration, I'm gunna say its a scheduled daily maintenance thing. Not sure what the site needs to do each day that would force it to be shut down, but I'm sure there's something that needs to happen to keep all those 1's and 0's happy. In which case, about the only thing that could be done about it is moving it around to another time. Unfortunately, there isn't too much of a window between late (west coast) night and early (east coast) morning.

Have you been noticing this for about the last month or so? I ask because thats when (most) clocks moved ahead one hour. And a lot of websites seem to base their schedules off of a non-DST clock, which causes things to shift by an hour each spring and fall for everybody else. And that would take a fairly convienent for everybody time of 6:50 am eastern (3:50 pacific) and make it a little more bothersome for those in the east.

Thats my theory anyway.
It is something I just started noticing in the last few weeks. You may be on to something.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:48 PM   #11
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post

Thats my theory anyway.
This is probably what's happening.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:16 AM   #12
MarkLS2
Administrator

Drives: 2009 Camaro
Good theories, you are correct, we are usually doing regular maintenance

Closed Thread