Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 10-04-2008, 02:57 PM   #1
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Silver SS in Paris "mondial de l'automobile"

I guess I'm gonna go there soon and get some more pics

http://www.turbo.fr/photos-voiture/p...dre-48108.html

Don't like SS bumper, but gonna go there find out how it is in real
Old 10-04-2008, 03:05 PM   #2
2kwik
So anxious.

Drives: Awaiting my 2010 SS
NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Old 10-04-2008, 03:12 PM   #3
Punk_rider

I'm gonna go there this week I guess ...

In the article, the journalists says tah the Camaro should arrive first trimester 2009 in th US ... and a little later on in Europe! Hell no! I don't want chevy to import the car. Let me import it on my own and be the only one (maybe not the only but ..) to have a Camaro up here!!

I heard 300 or so camaros should be imported in england ... but never heard about the rest of europe ... if you have any info ...
Old 10-04-2008, 03:23 PM   #4
2kwik
So anxious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
I'm gonna go there this week I guess ...

In the article, the journalists says tah the Camaro should arrive first trimester 2009 in th US ... and a little later on in Europe! Hell no! I don't want chevy to import the car. Let me import it on my own and be the only one (maybe not the only but ..) to have a Camaro up here!!

I heard 300 or so camaros should be imported in england ... but never heard about the rest of europe ... if you have any info ...
HAHA... knowing GM and their success internationally, I think it's safe to say that you won't be the only one on the block with a camaro, especially after a few months lol.... but that's a good thing!

--BTW: this machine looks REDICULOUS from the profile view...
Old 10-04-2008, 03:36 PM   #5
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
It's official: the production is prettier then the concept! It just looks absolutely brilliant! Totally hat you for being able to go see it in person, I have to wait until it arrives in import agencies in spring around here.

As for when it arrives and in what volumes here in Europe, no one knows. I do know that it's been pretty much confirmed by fbodfather amongst others that it will be sold here, as an European model. That also fits with the info I got from local Chevy dealers that they will be bringing it in.

I just hope I can buy testdrive it as soon as possible. That I can get finish my education and get a job quick and buy it as soon as the HUD is avaible.
Old 10-04-2008, 03:53 PM   #6
MrGazinya

Drives: Aggressive
What happened to the SS badging?
Black 2SS RS LS3 Inferno Int. '17 1LE replica 20's {MODS} KOOKS LT: Borla S-Type: Roto-Fab CAI: Hurst ST.: PFADT Stage 2, Trailing arms, Tie Rods: ECS BigBlower Cam: Fast 102mm intake: Brian Tooley racing dual spring kit: TFS pushrod set: Katech C5R timing chain: Mellings high volume oil pump: ATI Balancer: Ideal performance upgraded clutch master cylinder:Tick performance upgraded slave cylinder/throwout bearing: Mantic 9000 twin disk clutch & light weight flywheel: Tuned by Doug Ring at ECS. 475RWHP/445RWTQ.Dynapack Dyno.

MrGazinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 04:11 PM   #7
Punk_rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGazinya View Post
Don't know ... but just a guess: when you say "SS" to someone in Europe, people think about WW2 ... maybe someone at GM thought it wouldn't be appropriate to badge it SS??

??
Old 10-04-2008, 04:13 PM   #8
Punk_rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emher View Post
It's official: the production is prettier then the concept! It just looks absolutely brilliant! Totally hat you for being able to go see it in person, I have to wait until it arrives in import agencies in spring around here.

As for when it arrives and in what volumes here in Europe, no one knows. I do know that it's been pretty much confirmed by fbodfather amongst others that it will be sold here, as an European model. That also fits with the info I got from local Chevy dealers that they will be bringing it in.

I just hope I can buy testdrive it as soon as possible. That I can get finish my education and get a job quick and buy it as soon as the HUD is avaible.

I should go there on wednesday or thursday evening, I'll try to take some pics and get some info from the representatives there. If I get solid news or infos, be sure I'll share.

But maybe I' ll finally fall in love with the brand new chevy Cruze!
Old 10-04-2008, 04:18 PM   #9
2kwik
So anxious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emher View Post

+1
I have seen a few posts on forums where people have said the concept is a million times better, this and that, etc... In my mind, I'm thinking 1) where is this 'huge' difference? and 2) THE PRODUCTION VERSION LOOKS BETTER!!
Seems like only fans of the car can appreciate it's real beauty... Hopefully that's not the consensus of the general public though.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:23 PM   #10
MrGazinya

Drives: Aggressive
Quote:
Don't know ... but just a guess: when you say "SS" to someone in Europe, people think about WW2 ... maybe someone at GM thought it wouldn't be appropriate to badge it SS??

??
Black 2SS RS LS3 Inferno Int. '17 1LE replica 20's {MODS} KOOKS LT: Borla S-Type: Roto-Fab CAI: Hurst ST.: PFADT Stage 2, Trailing arms, Tie Rods: ECS BigBlower Cam: Fast 102mm intake: Brian Tooley racing dual spring kit: TFS pushrod set: Katech C5R timing chain: Mellings high volume oil pump: ATI Balancer: Ideal performance upgraded clutch master cylinder:Tick performance upgraded slave cylinder/throwout bearing: Mantic 9000 twin disk clutch & light weight flywheel: Tuned by Doug Ring at ECS. 475RWHP/445RWTQ.Dynapack Dyno.

MrGazinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 08:28 PM   #11
CHVY4LF
Chevrolet For Life!!

Drives: 07 Chevrolet Silverado Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGazinya View Post
Yes, where did the badges go?

Future Plate: PNYHNTR
Camaro of Choice: 2010 SS 6.2L 6M IOM
Current Ride: 2007 Silverado Classic Ext. Cab 5.3L DBM

CHVY4LF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 08:34 PM   #12
HooliganZ

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6
Quote:

??
Possible, however what about the embroidered "SS" in the headrests?
Old 10-05-2008, 12:18 AM   #13
Ry4nVan

Drives: Currently (Toyota Tacoma)
Those pics are tempting for me to switch from Cyber Gray to Silver Ice. hmmmm.
Ry4nVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 02:35 AM   #14
scorpio

Drives: E46 BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kwik View Post
+1
I have seen a few posts on forums where people have said the concept is a million times better, this and that, etc... In my mind, I'm thinking 1) where is this 'huge' difference? and 2) THE PRODUCTION VERSION LOOKS BETTER!!
Seems like only fans of the car can appreciate it's real beauty... Hopefully that's not the consensus of the general public though.
The difference is basically in every body panel. All the proportions are different from the concept.

IMHO, everything that made the concept spectacular (e.g. wide rear end, long hood, low roof) was scaled down. BTW that does not mean necessarily that the concept's rear is actually wider than the production one but that the proportions compared to other dimensions of the car are different.

Then, there are the details: The back lights of the production look cheap compared to the 'afterburner' originals, all the folds and edges of the surfaces are not as sharp on the production (if you doubt this, take a look at the recent Bumblebee pics from that Anaheim show).The wheels are not as deep on the production. The forward slanted angle of the line between front and rear side windows is near vertical on the production. The rear bumper has a different shape and those unattractive reverse lights.

All this I could live with - and I do understand that cost and regulatory and ergonomical considerations caused most of these changes - but the SS front bumper is making it hard for me to still like the car. I do not understand the decision to put this thing on the SS, a completely unnecessary deviation from the concept design (don't tell me it's needed to provide more airflow to the engine compartment - look at the vette). It does not fit into an overall design that is edgy, has clear lines and is deliberately very simple. The SS front is busy, the lower grille has round corners on the bottom, not sharp edges and the placement of the fogs looks simply awkward. Of course, tastes differ, but I would be much happier if GM offered a concept-like alternative (V6+mail slot) for the SS.

Last edited by scorpio; 10-05-2008 at 02:48 AM.
scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote