Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Garage / Tools Discussions

Old 02-05-2023, 07:39 PM   #1
Joe.G

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 6SP Ashen Grey
Quickjacks, What do you guys think of them and what model?

I see quick jack is going to have a pretty good sale coming up and I was thinking of getting a set, What ones are you guys using? I am thinking of maybe getting the 5000TLX or the 7000TLX Series to use on my truck as well. Is the TLX to long would I be better off with the standard?

Are they worth it?

Do they get the car up high enough to work under it fairly comfortably?

Lowered cars Camaro ( Lowered ), Sedans, Suvs and Trucks are what I have in the fleet here.

Thanks

https://www.quickjack.com/
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Hotckis 1" Springs & Chassis Max Brace
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Pedders Radius Rod Inserts Strut tower brace
Hero Smoked Tail and 3rd Brake Light, Diode Dynamic SL1 Fog Lights
AeroForce Dual gauge/Autometer pillar mount.
Joe.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 07:44 AM   #2
Ashen 6.2

Drives: 2014 Camaro Z/SS
I have one and it works well. It's the QuickJack 7,000-LB Capacity SLX Portable Car Lift. They are heavy, about 100lbs for each side. With the small blocks it will raise the bottom of the car 20-21" off the ground. It's enough that it makes it difficult to reach the upper trans bolts while on my back.

I have the QuickJack 7,000-LB Capacity SLX Portable Car Lift and need to use the extensions in order to lift my car. So, if you have the option to get the extended version that would make it a lot easier to begin with. I also purchased the rubber blocks and truck extensions and they come in handy for more than just the Quick Jack.

Here is a quick pick from a few weeks ago. I will get you another shot with a lower view point here in a little bit.

Roy
Attached Images

Mods - GPI 416 w/Custom Grind Cam, Ported Heads & Tuned by Ben, Mag Heartbeat, ZL1 Fuel Pump & DSX Aux Pump, NW 103 TB, FIC 1650's, Alky Meth, Circle D 3600 Triple Disc, RPM 5” CAI, Kooks Headers, Solo Cat Back, Viking Coil Overs & all the BMR Goodies in the rear, Zl1 3.23 Diff, DSS Axles, Gulfcoast Driveshaft, Hendrix Offset Diff Bushings, AFE Solid Subframe Bushings, 875HP/843TQ 5FDP
Ashen 6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 08:36 AM   #3
Joe.G

I am leaning towards the 7,000 ext I am wondering if maybe the shorter version with the extension would be handy? I'll have to measure a few cars today.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Old 02-06-2023, 08:52 AM   #4
Ashen 6.2

keep in mind that the extensions are 1.5” thick and stack on top of the Quick Jack adding to the clearance needed to get under the car. For mine I use race ramps for extra ground clearance.

Here is a pic from the front and side -

Floor to bottom of the front rotor is 17”

Floor to bottom of rockers is 21.5”

Name:  F4F6322D-C550-4226-99FF-0E33F95C5998.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  349.1 KB

Name:  A733EB1B-151A-4085-A35B-19219BD1630C.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  300.6 KB

Mods - GPI 416 w/Custom Grind Cam, Ported Heads & Tuned by Ben, Mag Heartbeat, ZL1 Fuel Pump & DSX Aux Pump, NW 103 TB, FIC 1650's, Alky Meth, Circle D 3600 Triple Disc, RPM 5” CAI, Kooks Headers, Solo Cat Back, Viking Coil Overs & all the BMR Goodies in the rear, Zl1 3.23 Diff, DSS Axles, Gulfcoast Driveshaft, Hendrix Offset Diff Bushings, AFE Solid Subframe Bushings, 875HP/843TQ 5FDP
Old 02-06-2023, 09:14 AM   #5
Joe.G

How do these work on your truck? Do you have any issues getting these under your car or do you need to use the ramps first?
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Old 02-06-2023, 01:39 PM   #6
Ashen 6.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.G View Post
How do these work on your truck? Do you have any issues getting these under your car or do you need to use the ramps first?
It works great on the truck, no issues at all. For the car I use these race ramps - https://www.raceramps.com/garage-ser...x-jax/p/rr-tj/ . I cannot get the lift with the extensions under the car without those.

Old 02-06-2023, 05:43 PM   #7
11REDSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro ss
I have the 5000tlx and i have no problem sliding them under the camaro. I do not drive over them, just slide them in from the sides once parked. Lifts it up high enough to do exhaust work under the car, headers, rear end work, etc. i was looking at the 7000 but worried my truck was too close to the weight limit for it (Cummins 2500).
Tune by GPI, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Rotofab washer relocation, JRE scoop, JRE Trans dipstick, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Trailing Arms, BMR subframe connectors, Polyurethane diff bushing and rear cradle mount's, RSM front crash bar
11REDSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 03:45 PM   #8
Joe.G

So I am still up in the air, I am pretty sure I am going to get the 7000, but I am unsure on the length, I would get the regular plus the ext but they are like $345. I am thinking that the TLX would work for most cars/Trucks and if I measured right everything I currently have here.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Old 02-20-2023, 09:50 AM   #9
Joe.G

I ended up going with the 5000 TL with the extensions, I figured this would cover most things and I am going to use them with my cars more so then the trucks. I'll get the SUV adapters at some point.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Old 02-25-2023, 06:53 AM   #10
Joe.G

What fluid are you guys running? I just got 3 QTs of this.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ACDelco Gold 10-9240 Type III (H) Automatic Transmission Fluid
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Old 02-25-2023, 09:00 AM   #11
11REDSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro ss
Local auto parts store ATF
Tune by GPI, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Rotofab washer relocation, JRE scoop, JRE Trans dipstick, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Trailing Arms, BMR subframe connectors, Polyurethane diff bushing and rear cradle mount's, RSM front crash bar
11REDSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 09:51 AM   #12
Joe.G

Local places didn't have any Dex 3, Now I am seeing after I ordered people are using other types.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Old 02-25-2023, 11:18 AM   #13
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
I had a gallon of Ford atf that had been sitting on my self for years and used that. I believe it was Mercon 5 but don't remember 100%. It very well could've been a earlier Ford atf version. At the end of the day, any good quality trans fluid will work or you could use a hydraulic fluid as well. I would steer clear of some of this newer stuff that's really thin though.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 08:05 AM   #14
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Here's something else for the QJ gang. I got tired of lugging my control unit and hose assembly so I picked up one of these carts from Summit. Much easier and keeps all of the pieces in one location.
Attached Images