Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 07-27-2013, 09:09 AM   #71
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by family man View Post
His car is at RX.

I looked through the vendor listing and RX is no longer listed.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/ad_the....php?sort=name
then I guess justice has finally been served. this has restored my faith in Camaro5 in believing it's members business safety is more important that RX's contributions to the forum.

way to go Camaro5!
Old 07-27-2013, 09:22 AM   #72
Deadwood

Drives: 2ss/rs Black droptop
Call your lawyer & BBB
Deadwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:09 AM   #73
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
I would sue the sonofa***** if he screwed me over like that and let him know in other ways!, gonna check that Catch can later just to be sure!

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:32 AM   #74
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ View Post
Hes not coming back...
I'm guessing he realized he is done here and pulled his sponsorship. All the while blaming his competitors for smearing his name. Delusional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by family man View Post
His car is at RX.[/URL]
How long has your car been at RX? I'd have pulled mine a long time ago after reading what I did and seeing the work coming out of that shop. I bet you couldn't drive a sunflower seed up your ass with a sledgehammer about now eh? I'd be more nervous than a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:19 PM   #75
joes407

Drives: 2014 ZL1m6 red hot #569
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Yes that was MY car you're talking about, and the MAF sensor failure (happened multiple times) was just the tip of the iceberg.

It failed because of the crappy chiller they installed creating a ton of condensation on the MAF sensor, they clearly never tested this design. Based on my experience, and a dozen other members on C5, customer cars are R&D cars
please explain how the chiller put condensation on your maf. the chiller does not chill the air charge going over the maf it chills the coolant going in the supercharger
joes407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:25 PM   #76
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro View Post
then I guess justice has finally been served. this has restored my faith in Camaro5 in believing it's members business safety is more important that RX's contributions to the forum.

way to go Camaro5!
There are two possibilities: One, you're right. Two, he pulled his own sponsorship. Based on the previous handling of this situation, and their stance that until it could be proven that designs were stolen/laws were broken that Tracy would be allowed here, my money is on #2.

I will say that it looks like they have loosened up quite a bit, as I got banned for a much more benign comment (albeit a completely truth based one) than half of what is in this thread. I guess some of us had to be sacrificial lambs. We lost a lot of good, important, contributing members to bans over Tracy, and now the evidence is showing us they were right all along.

I really would like to think that C5 did put an end to this and is turning over a new leaf where member safety is more important than $1200/year. If so, I commend them.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:32 PM   #77
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes407 View Post
please explain how the chiller put condensation on your maf. the chiller does not chill the air charge going over the maf it chills the coolant going in the supercharger
RX did not relocate my MAF sensor from the stock location, therefor it sat about 6-8 inches in front of the throttle body.

The chiller cooled the intake temps to 55-60 degrees F. Since the air in the tube was that cold but the engine bay temps were really hot, there was a large discrepancy in temp, which... SHOCKER created condensation inside the MAF tube, which then accumulated on the MAF sensor.

Last edited by BaylorCamaro; 07-27-2013 at 09:47 PM.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:37 PM   #78
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
As someone who had several visits to Tracy at RX I had very good experiences. I will say I never cracked the engine. It saddens me as many who I have grown to respect on this forum are having troubles. I don't know if it is incompetence, bad help, or indifference but if it was my investment I would be upset and unacceptable. I am sorry to see this especially after my experiences there.

Last edited by OOLIE; 07-27-2013 at 10:20 PM.
OOLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:43 PM   #79
GbrilliantQ
Ąʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhe64 View Post
I'm guessing he realized he is done here and pulled his sponsorship. All the while blaming his competitors for smearing his name. Delusional.

How long has your car been at RX? I'd have pulled mine a long time ago after reading what I did and seeing the work coming out of that shop. I bet you couldn't drive a sunflower seed up your ass with a sledgehammer about now eh? I'd be more nervous than a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.
4 months, mostly because I kept adding parts to the build. Like custom grind cam/supporting mods, fti stall, boost controller. They completely redesigned the ypipe and exhaust system for free so it doesn't scrape my driveway anymore. Added a catchcan and oil scavenge system for free. Since I need my car by the 29th 30th latest he is personally taking my car back to me 1100 miles because the transport company can't guarantee it being on time.... I'm fine.

Sent from my Transformer
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:31 AM   #80
joes407

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
RX did not relocate my MAF sensor from the stock location, therefor it sat about 6-8 inches in front of the throttle body.

The chiller cooled the intake temps to 55-60 degrees F. Since the air in the tube was that cold but the engine bay temps were really hot, there was a large discrepancy in temp, which... SHOCKER created condensation inside the MAF tube, which then accumulated on the MAF sensor.
I still dont see it, this was on a zl-1? The sensor is so far from the chilled areas. I ran mine for a year with maf in stock location and now 3 months in rotofab location. Even in competitive mode the chiller does not cool my air inlet tube, was yours a metal tube?
Old 07-28-2013, 08:07 AM   #81
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
This was on his LLT V6 car. different setup
Old 07-28-2013, 08:12 AM   #82
joes407

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
This was on his LLT V6 car. different setup
Thanks for clarifying
Old 07-28-2013, 09:26 AM   #83
Grimlock
dey see me rollin

Drives: the magic school bus
This is what I don't like about Camaro5... a company/vendor will get all sorts of praise and support and come later to find out their product is garbage. I'm so glad I held off going FI because when the money was right, I was told I'd be good whichever route I'd go. Come to find a lot of stuff on my car was once highly praised, turned out to be garbage.
Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:45 AM   #84
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Yeah it is tough to decide who to go with to do stuff. I have only 2 vendors I would let tune my car. Same thing with dealerships not many I would trust to even by a car from anymore.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote