Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-14-2009, 11:49 AM   #15
Number_9

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxx18 View Post
I also am curious to know does it fit good or does it have gaps like the others I'm seeing. Veraram and roto fab both have gaps and are not sealed nearly as well as I would like to have seen them fit. All the pics show gaps at both corners. The silicone tubing looks like a condum LOL. Other than that it looks like a very nice setup.
Checked my on my lunch hour today... I was pretty sure and my-recheck confirmed... no gaps here.

Number_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:50 AM   #16
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
I will try to take pictures of mine, but when installing, I had gaps along the fender well and against the frame rail. It's not easy to get in there and get pictures
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:51 AM   #17
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 2-Tone View Post
Andy,
Is this a dry or wet filter?
Dry filter...
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Old 09-14-2009, 01:23 PM   #18
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 2-Tone View Post
Andy,
Is this a dry or wet filter?
We use K/N and S&B filters.Both require cleaning intervals and re oiling.

Andy
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:41 PM   #19
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Hmm...didn't see anything in the instructions about oiling the filter. Can you provide details? What cleaning intervals? What kind of oil & how much?

I installed the way it came - out of the box.

Thanks,
Michael J.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:43 PM   #20
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Do you have any pictures of the full race version ducting to show yet ?
Old 09-14-2009, 09:51 PM   #21
ADM PERFORMANCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
Hmm...didn't see anything in the instructions about oiling the filter. Can you provide details? What cleaning intervals? What kind of oil & how much?

I installed the way it came - out of the box.

Thanks,
Michael J.
It comes pre-oiled.

I recommend cleaning every 3rd oil change.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:24 PM   #22
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Thanks!
Old 09-15-2009, 07:26 AM   #23
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

I posted this elsewhere too. You can see the large gap against the fender, and there's a large gap against the frame rail - which is harder to see. I pushed it ALL the way forward and all the way down, but the 1 connection point is keeping it from going forward and further down.

Name:  DSC_4077.jpg
Views: 4385
Size:  72.6 KB

Name:  DSC_4080.jpg
Views: 4443
Size:  50.1 KB
Old 09-15-2009, 07:42 AM   #24
freemaSSon
Pat @ ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: CGM SS/RS M6
Quote:
I posted this elsewhere too. You can see the large gap against the fender, and there's a large gap against the frame rail - which is harder to see. I pushed it ALL the way forward and all the way down, but the 1 connection point is keeping it from going forward and further down.
You do not have it installed correctly. The air box is made to go further forward than you have it mounted.

Andy was going to take some additional pictures this morning to show the proper installation. The rubber lining on the leading edge of the metal will uniformly press against the fender liner. The mounting angle bracket on the plate facing towards the back of the car will mount on the factory utilized airbox mounting post.

The additional pictures should help to clarify the proper install position.

"There are two types of racers: cheaters...and losers."
Smokey Yunick

freemaSSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 08:30 AM   #25
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Well, I hope they help! I thought I pushed it as far forward as it would go - there seems no way to get it to go further forward while it's connected to the 1 mounting angle bracket, or further down...The side piece (with the air filter pipe coming it) is jammed against the front. I can't see how it would go further - which is the only way to get the fender liner & side piece to line up.

I'll wait for the additional pictures :(
Old 09-15-2009, 10:06 AM   #26
ADM PERFORMANCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post

Here are some more pictures to better represent how the back panel backs up against the steel leadnig edge of the fender liner. Where the provided edge sealing trim is placed.

These will be added to the website link to help for others as well. sorry for the confusion.

Andy
Quote:
Well, I hope they help! I thought I pushed it as far forward as it would go - there seems no way to get it to go further forward while it's connected to the 1 mounting angle bracket, or further down...The side piece (with the air filter pipe coming it) is jammed against the front. I can't see how it would go further - which is the only way to get the fender liner & side piece to line up.

I'll wait for the additional pictures :(
Try removing the plumbing and get the box in place first. The lower leading edge needs to go all the way forward and the back panel will slide in place up against the edge trim provided in the kit.

Andy
Old 09-15-2009, 10:08 AM   #27
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
Try removing the plumbing and get the box in place first. The lower leading edge needs to go all the way forward and the back panel will slide in place up against the edge trim provided in the kit.

Andy
Ok, that's what I had tried the first time! I'll try it again...the front piece hits the front grill area and then has no where to go, but I'll disassemble it and try again.

thanks!
Michael J.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:56 PM   #28
TeddyP25

Drives: 2SS
Can the filter box be painted?
2SS/RS CGM/BLK GFX MN6418 Stroker.785rwhp/885lbtq.50 SHOT NO2..Pfadt arms,toe links,coilovers,swaybars,end links,engine mounts,dif/sub bushings.MGWshifter.Tick LVL 3.ARH1 7/8 LT's/ARH exhaust.ADM gauges/race CAI.E-FORCE SC.8 rib IW 10%OD.LPE dual pump/module.85lb inj,custom valve covers.RMCR tune.TOOLEY RACING CAM.JRE posi kit.JRE fuel upgrade.RX MONSTER CatchCan.DSS axels/DS.Hammerhead rear, 3:73's. WYOSPEED builthttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115687
TeddyP25 is offline   Reply With Quote