Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 08-09-2010, 12:58 PM   #1
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
Thumbs down WARNING ON ECS MOTORSPORTS

This started when I purchased a set of JBA long tube headers and hi-flow cats from ECS back in early June. AJ at ECS was very helpful and the headers arrived quickly and well-packaged.

Took the headers to my shop for installation (a VERY reputable and knowledgeable Southern California LS shop that is on our 'recommended' list here and on LS1Tech whose name I will keep out of this). They informed me the passenger side header was defectively made and did not fit (it was in contact with other parts of the car and sat too high for the high flow cat to mate up with my exhaust). They strongly advised me to return the headers. Having wasted most of a day and install fees to find out I had defective headers, I was not interested in a replacement set. As per ECS’s return policy, I could return the defective headers for a full refund less shipping.

When I approached AJ about a refund, I got a lot of pushback and was initially told I would have to pay a 20% restocking fee. This made no sense to me, since the return policy specifically exempts defective merchandise. This also conflicted with what JBA told me, since JBA informed me that they will fully refund any defectively made part. After some weeks of back and forth and after JBA got involved, ECS finally agreed to refund my money after I returned the headers.

On July 6, I returned the headers directly to JBA in person. But now AJ and ECS have dropped off the face of the earth: calls go to voicemail and multiple emails are un-returned. JBA can’t assist me because I purchased the part through ECS. Basically, I have heard nothing at all for about 6 weeks now (let alone any status regarding a credit). I realize when you have layers of companies, the return process is not a 1-2-3 thing, but all I ever asked for over the past 6 weeks was some update as to what was going on. After all, we are talking about $1,100. The fact that ECS has started ignoring me puts me in the position of having do a chargeback through Mastercard. I see they still post ads here so I know someone is there, but I suppose my return is no longer a priority. Having given ECS 6 weeks to make good on my return, I feel now it’s only fair to warn other C5 customers.

AJ seems like a decent guy who tried the do right thing for a while and I suspect this is not really AJ's fault at all, so I’m just advising everyone to be VERY CAREFUL about ECS. Like a lot of companies, they’re great UNTIL they have your money. Beyond that, they are not interested in customer service or making sure the customer is satisfied.

AJ, if you're reading this, sorry it came to this, but this has been drawn out for 2 months and I have heard nothing from ECS about a refund; $1100 might be nothing to ECS but it means something to me. Please just make good on what I was promised.
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:00 PM   #2
Orange5thGen

Drives: 2011 Convert
Send a message via Yahoo to Orange5thGen
Contact the BBB immediately and file a complaint.
Come see me at www.chicago5thgen.com TEAM LLT, , 2011 Covertible 1LT RS, JDM Color Shift Halo's, Showstopper Camaro Bowtie Led Mirrors, Side Markers and Engine Cover, Pace Setter Catback Exhaust, BK Coilover Kit, 21" Full Crome GM wheels, Tinted windows, I WIN BEARS Plate. Full amber ABL dash and door update with IOM interior panels.
Orange5thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:45 PM   #3
BluGoose2

Drives: Aqua Blue 2SS/RS, Silver Rally
Sorry to hear about your dilemma. That dealer makes it bad for all of the others that are trying to do good business. If you can post your situation every once in awhile to remind others about this place and to beware. Good Luck and don't back down.
BluGoose2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 07:03 PM   #4
SS 376

Just to update everyone I've disputed the charge with my credit card company. Considering I have documentation of the whole dispute and the fact that the headers were returned, it should be a pretty straightforward process of getting the charges removed. But it should've never come to this. You were warned, guys.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:21 PM   #5
SS 376

Bump. Mastercard is still trying to get my money back from ECS.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:47 AM   #6
ArmyK9Cop
ArmyK9

Drives: 1SS/RS CGM,HallTech,FlowMasterAT,Su
This is something that really ticks me off. They get your money tie it up for months for what... when the manufacturer stands behind the part to begin with? Doesn't make sense. Sorry to hear SS. You definitely should report it to the BBB. Post more update when you hear more man. Maybe even talk to the guys here that run camaro5 Forums. Vendors go through them to have the right to post on here so do lose hope man.
ArmyK9Cop is offline   Reply With Quote