Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-23-2013, 01:02 PM   #1
family man

Drives: .
got a new toy

I recently bought a Bowflex TreadClimber TC10. Time to get back in shape and shed some extra weight. I set it up and used it for the first time today.

I went .42 miles at 2.0 mph for 12 minutes and burned 100 calories. After I got done I felt like I ran a damn marathon! I sit behind a desk all day and I don't get much exercise during the day.:(
family man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:17 PM   #2
Ghost1LE

Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
Congratulations you will work your way up fast I know I did. Now I can jog 4 miles with no rest any day of the week.

Two years ago I couldn't jog a full mile not even close.

Adding the exercise is great but it's all about the food you eat
Old 02-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #3
family man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost1LE View Post
Congratulations you will work your way up fast I know I did. Now I can jog 4 miles with no rest any day of the week.

Two years ago I couldn't jog a full mile not even close.

Adding the exercise is great but it's all about the food you eat
Thanks. You're right about the food control. I found out I have type 2 diabetes and through meds and cutting down on what i eat I have been able to lower it, but not where it should be. That's another reason I got it.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:24 PM   #4
pocketcthulhu

Drives: 2014 2ss/RS 5th gen Camaro #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by family man View Post
I recently bought a Bowflex TreadClimber TC10. Time to get back in shape and shed some extra weight. I set it up and used it for the first time today.

I went .42 miles at 2.0 mph for 12 minutes and burned 100 calories. After I got done I felt like I ran a damn marathon! I sit behind a desk all day and I don't get much exercise during the day.:(
I know the feeling, I went from a deskjob where I was constantly walking around to sitting at a desk for 12 hours and not walking much at all, I put on about 25 pounds after the switch so i was around 225lb give or take.

Couple of tricks I have learned to loose some weight
#1 take the stairs, anything higher than 4 stories I take the elevator also consider parking in the back of the lot when you go shopping.
#2 reduce your portion size when you eat and eat slower and train yourself to stop eating when you start to get full, we americans tend to over eat a lot.

I dropped the initial weight gain and Im back to my normal weight of 200'ish which is pretty healthy weight for my size, I believe my ideal weight is supposedly around 190lb's and by ideal I mean looking like an action hero who suffered a shirt failure.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:42 PM   #5
Frid

Drives: '11 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Sweet!
I need to get back in shape myself, but I'll stick to just running a few miles every other day lol.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:22 PM   #6
Decibel JJ
Car nut

Drives: Tahoe Z71, Race cars
How are you liking the treadclimber? I was thinking of getting one as well.

R.I.P. Evan .. A true Friend
Decibel JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:07 PM   #7
oklapike

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary SS Coupe
Another helpful hint I might add, increase your water intake, on the order of 2 to 3 liters a day. It'll help keep you feeling full, and staying hydrated makes a huge difference when doing aerobic work outs.
oklapike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:33 AM   #8
family man

Thanks for the input and advice, much appreciated.

Decibel JJ-So far I am really liking it. I've used tread mills before and what I like about this is the stair climbing feature. The shocks on the front are adjustable from little to greater amount of travel. The more travel in them the more of a workout you get. I did another 1/2 mile yesterday and I could really feel it in my legs when I went upstairs last night to bed.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:44 AM   #9
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
I have a pro form treadmill and it feels like it takes forever to trot 4 miles. When I jog in the neighborhood it goes by much faster.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote