Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 10-16-2023, 04:35 PM   #1
Rapid_blue_zl1_22

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue ZL1
New Katech pump arrived today!

I just got my new Katech dual pump for my car today. Am I the first person on here to try it out? I will be installing it this Friday and getting the car tuned next Monday the 23rd. I posted about it in the FI section and there seemed to be some interest in it. I'll update this post with pictures and my review of it as I go.
Attached Images

Performance: Kong X-Port OEM blower, 1 7/8" TSP headers (Polydyn coated), Corsa Intake/X-pipe/NPP Exhaust, LT5 95MM TB, DSX FlexFuel sensor, Dedicated Motorsports inline fuel filter, Katech Dual fuel pump, WeaponX Boost freeze chiller, WeaponX center and aux HX, PWR oil cooler, and Elite E-2X catch can. Tuned by Pat G 731 WHP on a Mustang Dyno.

Suspension/Brakes: Eibach lowering springs, Vorshlag camber plates, Full SPL rear control arms, DSC Sport suspension controller, Blackwing F/R brake cooling ducts.

Last edited by Rapid_blue_zl1_22; 10-17-2023 at 04:46 AM.
Rapid_blue_zl1_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 05:15 PM   #2
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_blue_zl1_22 View Post
I just got my new Katech dual pump for my car today. Am I the first person on here to try it out? I will be installing it this Friday and getting the car tuned next Monday the 23rd. I posted about it in the FI section and there seemed to be some interest in it. I'll update this post with pictures and my review of it as I go.

ALL the RED Rear End BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Remote Tuning and Moral Support from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 785rwtq @E50 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 05:24 PM   #3
Nataphen

Drives: None
I have one but am waiting on the plug and play harness and filter setup. Very interested in your results.
Nataphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 05:41 PM   #4
5280ZL1Matt

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
+1 more for photos - am considering this also, but maybe when they release the controller; looking forward to hearing how it works for you
5280ZL1Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 07:26 PM   #5
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
Curious to see if the results will be different than some have reported in the past.
Megahurtz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 04:52 AM   #6
Rapid_blue_zl1_22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOCAL.M6.ZLE View Post
Sorry fellas! Pictures added to original post! I will add more as I install it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280ZL1Matt View Post
+1 more for photos - am considering this also, but maybe when they release the controller; looking forward to hearing how it works for you
I ended up buying the PNP controller from DSX (for their aux pump kit) since Katech's kit wasn't available yet. The DSX kit operates off of the OEM MAP sensor to turn on the pump. you just have to extend the actual fuel pump wires. Also, Dedicated Motorsports makes a PNP inline filter kit that works with a DSX flex fuel sensor.

Here are some pictures of my inline filter kit from Dedicated:
Attached Images

Performance: Kong X-Port OEM blower, 1 7/8" TSP headers (Polydyn coated), Corsa Intake/X-pipe/NPP Exhaust, LT5 95MM TB, DSX FlexFuel sensor, Dedicated Motorsports inline fuel filter, Katech Dual fuel pump, WeaponX Boost freeze chiller, WeaponX center and aux HX, PWR oil cooler, and Elite E-2X catch can. Tuned by Pat G 731 WHP on a Mustang Dyno.

Suspension/Brakes: Eibach lowering springs, Vorshlag camber plates, Full SPL rear control arms, DSC Sport suspension controller, Blackwing F/R brake cooling ducts.
Old 10-17-2023, 08:32 AM   #7
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahurtz View Post
Curious to see if the results will be different than some have reported in the past.
If you don't mind sharing, what have you heard reported about this pump in the past? I didn't think many have used them yet? Or are you referring to the "other" company's single pump offering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280ZL1Matt View Post
This pump would not be difficult to setup without Katech's install kit. You could easily trigger the second pump with a boost reference Hobbs switch.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 09:46 AM   #8
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
If you don't mind sharing, what have you heard reported about this pump in the past? I didn't think many have used them yet? Or are you referring to the "other" company's single pump offering?

Shoot you know what, you're right. I was thinking about the "other" company's pump. I've heard nothing about the Katech setup so far.

Also, a little birdy told me DSX is working on a complete package that includes an intake low side solution and port injection that integrates with HPTuners to allow the stock ECU to control the port injectors. I have no proof or special knowledge of this, but if true, it's going to be awesome.
Megahurtz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 10:39 AM   #9
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
It sounds like if you already have a low side controller (e.g. DSX low side system), that can turn on the secondary pump, then?

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 10:41 AM   #10
Katech_Zach

Drives: 14 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
It sounds like if you already have a low side controller (e.g. DSX low side system), that can turn on the secondary pump, then?
This is correct, you can power the second pump with any controller that you'd like, including using the existing DSX controller if you are replacing that aux pump.

We are working on finishing our P&P kit, hoping to be completed by the end of this month.
Katech_Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 10:43 AM   #11
Rapid_blue_zl1_22

Quote:
If you already have a DSX low side system, there shouldn't be any need for this. Unless you are replacing the DSX system with this for low fuel functionality, but then you would have to buy a new fuel tank.

Old 10-17-2023, 11:05 AM   #12
Rapid_blue_zl1_22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katech_Zach View Post
This is correct, you can power the second pump with any controller that you'd like, including using the existing DSX controller if you are replacing that aux pump.

We are working on finishing our P&P kit, hoping to be completed by the end of this month.
I was really hoping your PNP kit would be available by the time I needed it, but my tune is scheduled for October 23rd. I just couldn't wait any longer.

Old 10-17-2023, 11:11 AM   #13
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_blue_zl1_22 View Post
If you already have a DSX low side system, there shouldn't be any need for this. Unless you are replacing the DSX system with this for low fuel functionality, but then you would have to buy a new fuel tank.
I was thinking of getting rid of the DSX low side (and plugging the tank where the DSX low side feed was added) and run Katech's in-tank pumps. Even though I would never really use the car for a road course/auto-X/etc, I like having all the functionality GM engineered into the system. I don't want to have to worry about fuel sloshing around below a 1/2-1/3 tank and all that.

Looking forward to whatever you post here

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 11:15 AM   #14
Rapid_blue_zl1_22

Quote:
I was thinking of getting rid of the DSX low side (and plugging the tank where the DSX low side feed was added) and run Katech's in-tank pumps. Even though I would never really use the car for a road course/auto-X/etc, I like having all the functionality GM engineered into the system. I don't want to have to worry about fuel sloshing around below a 1/2-1/3 tank and all that.

Looking forward to whatever you post here
Gotcha. I definitely think this is the better solution. I was considering the DSX low side, but I just did not want to drill my tank. Plus, I do track my car, so it wasn't a good option anyway.