#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 04-08-2024, 11:27 PM   #15
XXX ZL1

Drives: 2023 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
I have Jet Hot 2500 coating on my Kooks 2" headers, been on there for 3 1/2 years now and still looks like new. The amount of heat reduction under the hood is insane.
I was surprised how much it helped with heat. Its money well spent for sure.
High PSI Billet Valve Covers, Mighty Mouse Wild CC

Signature Forged 20x10.5/20x11.5, 295/30-315/30,
BMR springs, BMR Cradle lockout, AAD Billet
Control/Trailing arms

2023 Vivid Orange ZL1 M6 - sold
2019 Riverside Blue ZL1 A10 - sold
XXX ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 06:05 PM   #16
george
ZL1 Driver

Drives: Camaro ZL1 & BMW M3/E92
If you decide to go to RPM, let me know what you think. I called them up about swapping out my oil pump and they said $2800. I have the pump so that part is not included in the price. I also live in South Central PA and I have a hard time giving my car to a local Chevy dealer. I've read some real horror stories.
george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 07:17 PM   #17
2023_ZL1-AUTO

Drives: 2023 ZL1 - Modified All Bolt On's
So, I recently got a quote from Bill at RPM and Ted at Jannetty... For the same type of cam package with the all similar parts, installation labor, tuning and dyno, + all fluids etc. They were within a few hundred dollars of one another.
2023 ZL1 A10 - CSP 2" Long Tube Headers by Stainless Works | Gesi G-Sport High Flow CATs | Stainless Works Legend NPP Axle Back | Roto-Fab Big Gulp | Kong NM103mm | Kong X-Port/Polish w/Griptech 2.3" Upper | Granatelli Malevolent Coil Packs | Granatelli 0 Ohm Plug Wires | Katech Valve Covers w/Coil Relocation | FI Interchillers Blower Spacer Plates | Mighty Mouse Mild | JMS Flex Fuel Booster | DSX Flex Fuel Kit | DSX Billet Lid | DMS 2gal Fender Tank | NT555R2's 305/285 | AEM w/b AFR | Banks iDash Data Monster | HPTuners MPVi3 Module and Licenses (ECU & CCM) | Remote Tuned by Ted at JRE
2023_ZL1-AUTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 09:50 PM   #18
HyperBlue2017

Drives: 2018 Camaro Hyper Blue 2SS
Just had my car in at CSP, no complaints here, CSP headers, Hi-flo cats, new plugs, flex kit, HPTuners MPV13 and a tune. Car runs great, already told them I'm coming back next year for the heads and cam package. Met Alex and Andrew, both were great to work with, Andrew even took the time to give me a full shop tour.

Traded my 2017 1LT in for a 2018 2SS.
HyperBlue2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 05:48 AM   #19
BunnyBoy

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2023_ZL1-AUTO View Post
So, I recently got a quote from Bill at RPM and Ted at Jannetty... For the same type of cam package with the all similar parts, installation labor, tuning and dyno, + all fluids etc. They were within a few hundred dollars of one another.

That pretty interesting actually!
BunnyBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 06:25 AM   #20
2023_ZL1-AUTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBoy View Post
That pretty interesting actually!
One difference was timing of getting the work done. Ted's able to get my car in sooner than RPM and will have the work done in a week.

Also, when I say similar parts... I don't mean the exact "parts" list. I mean similar items being included: "Cam", "Springs", "Push Rods", "Seals", "Fluids", "Tune" Dyno" etc etc etc. With JRE, I was adding other items after the original quote such as Katech oil pump, new Timing Chain, and a few other items. But just the the cam package and labor was very close.
2023 ZL1 A10 - CSP 2" Long Tube Headers by Stainless Works | Gesi G-Sport High Flow CATs | Stainless Works Legend NPP Axle Back | Roto-Fab Big Gulp | Kong NM103mm | Kong X-Port/Polish w/Griptech 2.3" Upper | Granatelli Malevolent Coil Packs | Granatelli 0 Ohm Plug Wires | Katech Valve Covers w/Coil Relocation | FI Interchillers Blower Spacer Plates | Mighty Mouse Mild | JMS Flex Fuel Booster | DSX Flex Fuel Kit | DSX Billet Lid | DMS 2gal Fender Tank | NT555R2's 305/285 | AEM w/b AFR | Banks iDash Data Monster | HPTuners MPVi3 Module and Licenses (ECU & CCM) | Remote Tuned by Ted at JRE
Old 04-10-2024, 08:15 AM   #21
BunnyBoy

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2023_ZL1-AUTO View Post
One difference was timing of getting the work done. Ted's able to get my car in sooner than RPM and will have the work done in a week.

Also, when I say similar parts... I don't mean the exact "parts" list. I mean similar items being included: "Cam", "Springs", "Push Rods", "Seals", "Fluids", "Tune" Dyno" etc etc etc. With JRE, I was adding other items after the original quote such as Katech oil pump, new Timing Chain, and a few other items. But just the the cam package and labor was very close.

I wish I lived closer to Ted. I like wrenching on my own things, Just don't have time right now with kids. I trust that guy and he seems fussy. I can get behind that.
BunnyBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 09:24 AM   #22
2023_ZL1-AUTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBoy View Post
I wish I lived closer to Ted. I like wrenching on my own things, Just don't have time right now with kids. I trust that guy and he seems fussy. I can get behind that.
For me, it this: Do you prefer the best surgeon or the surgeon with the best "bedside manner" !!!!

I like wrenching on my own stuff too! But, I think I would trust either Katech, RPM or Ted to do the work correctly! I just need to figure what I want to do and when to do it! It might be sooner than later as my data logs now after the X-Port are showing that HPFP psi is dropping by 400psi at the top when running E33.

Last edited by 2023_ZL1-AUTO; 04-22-2024 at 06:36 AM.
Old 04-10-2024, 10:39 PM   #23
KC64
Gray Ghost

Drives: 24 Camaro 2SS Loaded
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18.2SS.1LE View Post
CSP did the work on my car. Was supposed to have the stage 2 intercooler, they ordered and installed the stage 1. Refused to help me out with upgrading (after spending over $20k with them), told me even if I bought and installed it I'd have to bring the car back up to PA to retune. Bought a used stage 2 as the heat soak in the summer was terrible with the stage 1, had Ted Jannetty remote tune it and the car was completely out of fuel nearing 7 ms. Caused misfires during pulls, glad I didn't hurt the motor. Upgraded to LT4 injectors and a JMS BAP through Ted, the car runs much better and is making more power. Whoever did the install must have baby hands, blew an intercooler pipe off from a loose clamp, pushing the fender liner out into the tire (this is when I discovered I only had the stage 1 intercooler). Procharger intake fell off due to a loose clamp. When I adjusted the tensioner, the bolts felt barely more than hand tight when I removed them. Companies who refuse to help their customers out, especially that spend a good amount of money with them deserve to fail. Yes, I may still be a bit salty about it all...
If I spent that much I would roast them on the innerweb if what you say did happen. That is a lot of money. Shops these days seem to be a dime a dozen so one has to do a lot of homework before picking one. That is where I’m at now, checking everything I can and even going to see what shape the places are in!
KC64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 03:00 PM   #24
Tje66

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss procharged
I’ve had a lot of work done at CSP I have no complaints. Alex was great always answering the phone or quickly responding to my voicemail. The work I had done is heads cam port injection with a 2650 on e85. Or pump gas
And trans tune. Car runs and drives like stock.
Tje66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 03:15 PM   #25
2023_ZL1-AUTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tje66 View Post
I’ve had a lot of work done at CSP I have no complaints. Alex was great always answering the phone or quickly responding to my voicemail. The work I had done is heads cam port injection with a 2650 on e85. Or pump gas
And trans tune. Car runs and drives like stock.
Dang! It runs and drives like stock, I'd be asking whos car they did the work on!!! It should run way BETTER than stock with all that work completed !!!! (Just Kidding)

Enjoy your ride, I'm on my way to PI as well !!!!
Old 04-20-2024, 07:55 AM   #26
Tje66

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss procharged
Stock as in no problems. And fun to drive. But makes 870whp. So even with drag radials it’s a handful. Just to clarify my last statement.

Last edited by Tje66; 04-20-2024 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Spelling
Tje66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 09:46 AM   #27
Rapid_blue_zl1_22

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue ZL1
I had my headers PolyDyn coated. They have been on the car for about a year now and I have had zero issues. I road course track my car regularly and the coating still looks as good as the day I installed them.

Those prices seem really high for an Intake, headers, and FlexFuel install/tune (Unless you are getting CSP headers with GESI Gen 2 cats for $3000+). The intake and FlexFuel sensor could be installed in your garage in a couple of hours and parts are under $1000.

Performance: Kong X-Port OEM blower, 1 7/8" TSP headers (Polydyn coated), Corsa Intake/X-pipe/NPP Exhaust, LT5 95MM TB, DSX FlexFuel sensor, Dedicated Motorsports inline fuel filter, Katech Dual fuel pump, WeaponX Boost freeze chiller, WeaponX center and aux HX, PWR oil cooler, and Elite E-2X catch can. Tuned by Pat G 731 WHP on a Mustang Dyno.

Suspension/Brakes: Eibach lowering springs, Vorshlag camber plates, Full SPL rear control arms, DSC Sport suspension controller, Blackwing F/R brake cooling ducts.
Rapid_blue_zl1_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 10:25 PM   #28
Camarojt

Drives: 2011camaro SS
I’d make the trip to GPI If it were me! If you want your car to have all the best in tuning and performance.
Camarojt is offline   Reply With Quote