Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-21-2008, 09:22 AM   #1
card21doc

Drives: 13 Hotwheels Camaro 2SS
Need opinion about interior

I have IOM 2LT/RS with black interior on order. After seeing the neutral interior on the IBM, I wonder if that color would go with IOM?

My second idea is to order a1LT/RS and make it as close to the 2LT as possible, and then send it to the trim shop for WHITE leather interior to match the white stripes. The only thing I would be missing is homelink, which I would like to have.

I think the 2 tone interiors look sharp, but the orange accent is too much with the IOM in my opinion.

My third idea is to order a white 2LT/RS with orange stripes and the orange accent interior. Of course, I would be waiting longer for that combo. (But it would look like the 69 pace car!)

If the neutral interior would go with the IOM, that would probably be the best solution.

What do you guys think?
card21doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 09:31 AM   #2
King Mouse

Drives: EXT
Beige and Orange go very well together.
King Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 10:44 AM   #3
JSkibisky

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS
... if you have a chance, see if you can find images of a 1973 Vega with the "Millionth Vega Replica" package... exterior was orange (non-metalic) with white stripes and the interior was a neutral (the carpeting was actually a dark brown). It was a great looking car !!
JSkibisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 01:36 PM   #4
nester7929
Rice Harvester

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
If you're thinking about a white interior, then blue, black, and orange mix best with that color.

For example, you could have a white interior with the orange exterior, and maybe have orange stitching on the leather. That would look awesome.

It'd be a bit out of my price range, but I'd love to have a black 2SS, and have a black interior with white stitching and white door paneling.
nester7929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 01:40 PM   #5
fixxer56
Thin Blue Line

Drives: ABM 2LT/RS #10094
Send a message via AIM to fixxer56
I ordered the same package as you (leather instead of cloth). I don't like the orange leather they're showing either..I plan on switching out the silver door panels for orange when they become available. I'm just undecided on striping. I think the all black interior with our IOM will shine, but that's just my opinion...it's prob the only thing I have'nt wanted to change since I ordered it in October...
Old 12-21-2008, 01:59 PM   #6
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by card21doc View Post
My second idea is to order a1LT/RS and make it as close to the 2LT as possible, and then send it to the trim shop for WHITE leather interior to match the white stripes. The only thing I would be missing is homelink, which I would like to have.
you'd also be missing the 4-pack Aux Gauges, Ambient Lighting, radio controls on the steering wheel, the Boston Acoustics stereo system, the USB hookup, a cargo net, auto-dimming and heated mirrors, and butt warmers. if none of those matter to you, then that sounds like a great idea. white interior would be nice on IOM. as far as the beige, i wouldn't do it, but that's me & it ain't my car
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote