Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-01-2017, 08:03 PM   #29
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Curious.. Jumping in here... I didn't realize there was a supercharger available for the LLT model.... What would one expect to pay for this setup with install to make the car functional yet feel the gains?

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 10:41 PM   #30
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitWhite11 View Post
Curious.. Jumping in here... I didn't realize there was a supercharger available for the LLT model.... What would one expect to pay for this setup with install to make the car functional yet feel the gains?
IPF had one out a long time ago, I've had mine for over 4 years now. It is no longer in production, but it is well engineered, I've put it through hell and it has ran over 1.3 seconds faster than any other supercharger setup.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:26 AM   #31
BumbleBeeV62011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS
Any updates on the cam tuning?
BumbleBeeV62011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 03:33 PM   #32
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
IPF had one out a long time ago, I've had mine for over 4 years now. It is no longer in production, but it is well engineered, I've put it through hell and it has ran over 1.3 seconds faster than any other supercharger setup.
Wow. Didn't know that. Any chance you can post pics of your set up? I checked your garage but for some reason do not see any pics of it??

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 04:01 PM   #33
MIDNIGHTANGEL
Back4Revenge

Drives: BLACK CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to MIDNIGHTANGEL Send a message via Yahoo to MIDNIGHTANGEL
Overkill Release their LLT Supercharger System over Labor Day Weekend Approx $6k for the kit
Old 01-08-2018, 06:24 PM   #34
camaro_power

Drives: 2012 camaro LFX W/Boltons!
Any updates on tuning the mace cams???
We want in on this action too brother haha
camaro_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 07:15 PM   #35
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_power View Post
Any updates on tuning the mace cams???
We want in on this action too brother haha
I was actually about to try to find this thread to update it.

I have my supercharger back off because #1 it is too cold to run the supercharger, #2 I want to get this thing in the 12's. I'm still working on the cam tuning but I got it tuned good on the top end, but the lower end is where I'm having problems. There is a sweet spot on how much fuel to add to get max power and it is finding that area that takes a while. Too rich or lean and it loses quite a bit of power. I think 0.88 is the spot for my setup, but have to keep testing.

I'm also going to be testing my auxiliary fuel system with it NA, I left it on one time and the car ran faster than ever. Me and my wife think that due to the speed of the pistons at high RPM that the fuel is not having enough time to fully spread out in the cylinder. The injection time only lasts 3.5 milliseconds, and the piston completes one motion in about 8 milliseconds. With my auxiliary fuel system spraying fuel at the top of the runner it allows a lot more to be mixed it. That is the theory anyways, we will have to test it.

One thing I'm seeing that might be a problem with the LFX and MACE cams is that the integrated exhaust manifold will cause longer duration on the exhaust cam to push exhaust back into the cylinder of the piston on the intake stroke on the same bank. Like when #3 piston exhaust valve opens, the #5 exhaust valve is closing on the intake stroke. Since the collector for that bank is only 4 inches away, there will be positive pressure against the #5 exhaust valve and it will allow exhaust gases back in. The stock cams duration are setup so there is no overlap between these events, on MACE there is a 15 degree overlap.

With the LLT and long tubes, there is 32 inches of piping that the exhaust has to travel down then another 32 inches it has to travel up to reach another exhaust valve, so there is no problem with that.
Old 01-26-2018, 09:56 PM   #36
MagnumForceGB

Getting closer to getting the car ready for the track, have to do some wiring now for the throttle body position sensor so I know when it is open.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:11 PM   #37
MagnumForceGB

Also found an area where the GM tuners were very lazy and just copied over LNF tune settings to the LLT, and it should have been completely different values. Going to fix it and see if it helps.
Old 03-12-2018, 07:09 PM   #38
MagnumForceGB

Finally got the wiring done, has been too cold to work in the garage, I can't stand cold weather. Getting new front tires on Friday so they old ones don't explode when I hit over 300 MPH in the 1/8th mile with just bolt-ons.
Old 03-12-2018, 07:42 PM   #39
The camaro show

Drives: 2015 camaro 2lt
where can you buy them?
Cosmetic mods: SS hood with painted vent, SS bumper, acs 1le front lip black, big worm gfx tinted all lights, solar wing v2, Camaro seat belt pads and oracle color shift halos and fog light halos and rear colorshift bow tie, carbon creations carbon fiber stingray z spoiler
Wheels: lexani r-3 bg finish 19x8.5
Performance: cold air inductions intake, mrt v1, jacfab ported intake manifold, intake manifold spacer, overkill tuned on E85.
The camaro show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 08:17 PM   #40
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The camaro show View Post
where can you buy them?
I bought mine off the MACE website over a year ago.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:07 PM   #41
MagnumForceGB

Got my new front tires last Friday so I can do full testing now. I did test out my port fuel but it provided too much fuel, an extra 20% to be exact, the car couldn't run.

Right now I have an interesting problem, I moved the cams 20 degrees in one area, the MAF frequency is 500 Hz higher so it is bringing more air in, but I'm not getting any more power. Even running more timing isn't helping, so it has something to do with the way the fuel is mixing inside the chamber, it isn't allowing a full, complete explosion. Have to keep experimenting, which includes making a giant spreadsheet to see when all the events are taking place.
Old 04-08-2018, 12:22 AM   #42
MIDNIGHTANGEL
Back4Revenge

Drives: BLACK CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to MIDNIGHTANGEL Send a message via Yahoo to MIDNIGHTANGEL
OO! Keep us posted..