Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > V8 - Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons, Tuning Equipment

Old 12-02-2018, 08:58 AM   #1
rpol78

Drives: 69 Camaro Pace Car
L99 Takeout Engine - Like New - Less than 100 miles

I have decided to sell my like new L99. This was taken out of a new Camaro to install a LS7 by Redline Motorsports in New York (www.redline-motorsports.net). They had a deal with one of the local Chevrolet dealers (Denooyer Chevrolet) to build the Camaros with LS7s. I've only used it to mock up in my Chevelle so basically it is like new with less than 100 miles on it. It comes with the exhaust manifolds and I'll reinstall the Camaro oil pan once it's taken out of the Chevelle. I'll also provide the bill of sale I received from Denooyer Chevrolet (which includes the VIN of the Camaro it was pulled from) and a bill of sale from me.

I'm located in Kansas City and would prefer a local pickup but can ship it. I'll crate it and you arrange/pay for the shipping. I've used Freight Quote in the past and have had pretty good luck getting reasonable rates vs going to the carriers. I can drop it off at any of the local carrier's terminal to save some on shipping

$5695 OBO
Attached Images

Last edited by rpol78; 12-10-2018 at 07:19 PM.
rpol78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 01:43 PM   #2
rpol78

ttt
Old 12-19-2018, 08:49 AM   #3
rpol78

ttt
Old 12-19-2018, 09:30 AM   #4
Drippin Wett

Drives: 2010 2SS M6, 1994 Z28 vert. Auto.
Man I wish!! I’ve got a 67 Chevelle I’d love to put that in. Maybe I’ll end up with an ls7 too. Currently planning on and have an lq4 for it.
Drippin Wett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 03:51 AM   #5
rpol78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drippin Wett View Post
Man I wish!! I’ve got a 67 Chevelle I’d love to put that in. Maybe I’ll end up with an ls7 too. Currently planning on and have an lq4 for it.
Good luck on the 67. If you go over to team chevelle you can see my build thread in the pro touring section. Originally I was going to supercharge this engine but decided to build an engine using an LS9 block and heads. I might end up selling the supercharger to go a different route. Its a maggie tvs 2300 for an L99. I pulled the supercharger out of the box and set it on the engine to make sure it would clear the hood. If you go that route there's a few tricks to make everything fit.
Old 12-23-2018, 08:57 AM   #6
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
On a side note, where do you get a crate for the engine? I'm moving soon and have a LS3 in my garage I need to crate and move with the rest of the household stuff.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 11:04 AM   #7
rpol78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Bound View Post
On a side note, where do you get a crate for the engine? I'm moving soon and have a LS3 in my garage I need to crate and move with the rest of the household stuff.
Recently I purchased an LS9 block that came on a pallet and it had a box with wooden reinforcements over it. I was planning on either using wood and sit it on the oil pan rails or welding together a cradle that uses the engine mounts/transmission mounts and bolting it to the pallet.

When I shipped an L78 396 to Alaska, I used a metal cradle and bolted it to a pallet that I found on craigslist. I then built a wood cover for it.

Most crates engines sit on a wooden cradle on a pallet and have a strap at the front and back holding them down. They generally have either a box or wooden structure over them.

Here's a pic of one sitting on a pallet

https://st.hotrod.com/uploads/sites/...te-engine-.jpg
Old 12-23-2018, 11:45 AM   #8
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpol78 View Post
Recently I purchased an LS9 block that came on a pallet and it had a box with wooden reinforcements over it. I was planning on either using wood and sit it on the oil pan rails or welding together a cradle that uses the engine mounts/transmission mounts and bolting it to the pallet.

When I shipped an L78 396 to Alaska, I used a metal cradle and bolted it to a pallet that I found on craigslist. I then built a wood cover for it.

Most crates engines sit on a wooden cradle on a pallet and have a strap at the front and back holding them down. They generally have either a box or wooden structure over them.

Here's a pic of one sitting on a pallet

https://st.hotrod.com/uploads/sites/...te-engine-.jpg

Thanks, I'll check with the local Chevy dealership and see if I can get one from them.
Old 12-27-2018, 09:41 AM   #9
rpol78

Pic via spark plug hole
Attached Images

Old 12-28-2018, 06:10 PM   #10
jwcarguy

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Yes, bring that LS3 here to Las Vegas, I will find a use for it!

You can just buy a pair of engine storage stands , some with wheels to move the engine around

Jeff
jwcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 06:28 PM   #11
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwcarguy View Post
Yes, bring that LS3 here to Las Vegas, I will find a use for it!

You can just buy a pair of engine storage stands , some with wheels to move the engine around

Jeff
I already have it on an engine stand with wheels. Looking for a way to enclose it to make moving easier.
Old 12-28-2018, 07:09 PM   #12
jwcarguy

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
I already have it on an engine stand with wheels. Looking for a way to enclose it to make moving easier.
go to local machine shop, buy a engine bag (may give you one ?), put bag over entire engine then wrap with shrink wrap to seal it all up
jwcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 07:22 PM   #13
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwcarguy View Post
go to local machine shop, buy a engine bag (may give you one ?), put bag over entire engine then wrap with shrink wrap to seal it all up

Good idea. I can do the same with the TR6060 I have a furniture cart.

Maybe the local Chevy dealership will give me a crate for each, I bought enough cars from them over the past 15 years.
Old 01-03-2019, 12:58 PM   #14
rpol78

bump...

Tags
l99 engine, ls3 engine