Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-14-2009, 10:28 AM   #43
hdhomer

Drives: 69 Cutlass - small block
Medium Blue for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
It's important for us to listen to the customer --

That said - Plum Crazy makes me nervous -

The reason: To validate a new Color is expen$$$$ive....more than you'd ever guess...

Looking at the history of Purple, I'd say that the demand is negligible at best. It will be interesting to see how it performs on the Challenger.

Question:

If you were picking colors - would you pick a Dark Green - a medium blue -- or purple? (and you only get one choice.....)
I was disappointed with ABM. I liked the blue but the green flip flop killed it for me. No disrespect to all who love, and bought ABM. Color preference is one of those things that is hit or miss, and Camaro lovers have a lot of choices. White and Black are "can't miss" colors.
Didn't I read that there will be a new blue for 2011? I hope so.
hdhomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:30 AM   #44
SWHCPA
Snow White can be naughty

Drives: '10 Camaro/'67 Mustang
Send a message via AIM to SWHCPA Send a message via Yahoo to SWHCPA Send a message via Skype™ to SWHCPA
Before you start lauding the wonderment of the B5 Blue on the Challenger - go look at one in person. In my opinion, Chrysler missed the boat. The code is the same as the "old" one; but, the color really isn't. Too much black in the pigment mix and too muddy. I'm more than pleased that I went with the Camaro and love my "white unicorn''...although the white is starting to show up a bit more frequently.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:37 AM   #45
coolman

Plum crazy is a mopar only colors and it should remain that way. If they want an old school color that is gm then go with dark green or hugger orange. I have no comment on the B5 blue other than the fact that gm already axed one light blue from the line up due to sales.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:53 AM   #46
soulrebel

Drives: 69, 01 & 10 SS
I love the plum crazy purple....on the challenger
soulrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:59 AM   #47
Dboy23
2G1FB1EV7A9100028

Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Hemi
Plum Crazy Purple is sexyyy, my favorite color is purple.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:09 AM   #48
Dakota Kid

Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWHCPA View Post
Before you start lauding the wonderment of the B5 Blue on the Challenger - go look at one in person. In my opinion, Chrysler missed the boat. The code is the same as the "old" one; but, the color really isn't. Too much black in the pigment mix and too muddy. I'm more than pleased that I went with the Camaro and love my "white unicorn''...although the white is starting to show up a bit more frequently.
I took a good look at the B5 Blue of a Challenger R/T Classic a few weeks ago. It is drop dead gorgeous...if I could have swung it, that car would be in the garage next to our RJT 2SS right now.

It is simply a stunning car.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:16 AM   #49
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpoirier View Post
Dark Green with white rally stripes.
Yeah do something for MSU there Fbodfather
skuttduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:38 AM   #50
derklug

Drives: 12 Boss 302
Dark green reminds me of my grandfathers cars, blue with dark blue hockey sticks.
derklug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:50 AM   #51
Kalenn
Fan of all things Camaro

Drives: '13 Mercedes-Benz C250 Sport
Quote:
Question:

If you were picking colors - would you pick a Dark Green - a medium blue -- or purple? (and you only get one choice.....)
Call me kooky but I just loved the Mystic Teal Metallic that was on the '99 Camaros. That was my first color choice before the Navy Blue Metallic that I ended up getting. Couldn't find a teal one anywhere.

"E for electricity... V For Chevy Volt and me!"
Kalenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:09 PM   #52
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
Plum crazy is a mopar only colors and it should remain that way. If they want an old school color that is gm then go with dark green or hugger orange. I have no comment on the B5 blue other than the fact that gm already axed one light blue from the line up due to sales.
I agree!
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:07 PM   #53
AngryAmish

Drives: Impala
Quote:
It's important for us to listen to the customer --

That said - Plum Crazy makes me nervous -

The reason: To validate a new Color is expen$$$$ive....more than you'd ever guess...

Looking at the history of Purple, I'd say that the demand is negligible at best. It will be interesting to see how it performs on the Challenger.

Question:

Dark Green.

But honestly, if there was ever any one must have color, to me it would be Sunrise Yellow. I HATE Yellow and yet I love that color on the BB car.
Proud Owner of #168
AngryAmish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:16 PM   #54
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
I'm thinking a nice Scottish Tartan.
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:22 PM   #55
73camarolt

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Saw the B5 Blue. AWESOME color. My dad already said if it was on the camaro he would have ordered that.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:56 PM   #56
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
I would have to throw in my vote for a medium blue. Something similar to the Lemans Blue on the Corvette a couple years ago. That color with white stripes would be a classic color combo to me.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote