Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-02-2013, 04:31 PM   #15
Dustin503

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by thahemp View Post
You'll be fine. I would have gotten the manual to start with!
Quote:
Originally Posted by benji1997 View Post
Dustin...try turning up the volume on the stereo so it's louder than the clunking noise. J/K...couldn't resist. I'd take it back and demand another car. If it's the manual, they owe you some cash back.

So, you guys think they would exchange cars?? I really would love for that to happen, but just don't think it would be that easy without me losing a bunch of money. I would really like this option for the simple fact that I don't want to have to keep chasing a problem that may not get fixed. Also, I don't for a second buy that this is normal, it did not make the noise for a couple hundred miles new and another couple hundred after new strut.
Dustin503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:40 PM   #16
Crazyhorse6901
Turbine Maker

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT-RS "LFX"V6
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by thahemp View Post
You'll be fine. I would have gotten the manual to start with!

Your binary is
Crazyhorse6901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:41 PM   #17
LSXaddict

Drives: 1ss in Blue Ray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin503 View Post
So, you guys think they would exchange cars?? I really would love for that to happen, but just don't think it would be that easy without me losing a bunch of money. I would really like this option for the simple fact that I don't want to have to keep chasing a problem that may not get fixed. Also, I don't for a second buy that this is normal, it did not make the noise for a couple hundred miles new and another couple hundred after new strut.

Well take it in and if they don't then they'll try and fix it again and if happens again you can Lemon Law the car (in most states).
Old 06-02-2013, 04:52 PM   #18
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Well, I bought my 2013 2SS on May 10th, I bought it about 3.5 hours away from where I live. After only having it a couple days it developed a clunking noise in the front suspension at around 300 miles on the odometer. It is probably best described as more of a rattle or popping noise that only occurred at low speeds (is not present at road speed). I was able to isolate the problem to the front struts. It was very prevalent at low speeds (3-10mph) and you could even replicate it by pushing down on the car while parked and hear it and feel it on the top of the strut retaining plate. I took it to a closer dealer about 40 miles away from home. They found a bulletin for 2013 models that stated there was a problem with the struts and to replace them. Last Tuesday they replaced both struts and performed an alignment at around 550 miles. All seemed OK until today at about 800 miles and the clunking is back and is just as prevalent as before.

I'm going to take it back again, but I feel bad taking it to a dealer that I didn't buy from. I'm so perturbed and concerned this will be a constant battle that I really want to take it back to the selling dealer and get a different car. They have one in stock exactly like mine except it is a manual. Would this be possible or would I lose a bunch of money even though i'm still at less than 1000 miles?

Anybody else experience this issue?? Any advice appreciated.
Greetings Dustin,

Sorry to hear about the clunking noise, though I'd be more than happy to assist in this matter. Feel free to send me a PM and reference this thread. I look forward to your contact!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-02-2013, 05:56 PM   #19
SuperSport2011

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss/rs rally yellow L99
Just take it in and before you know it it'll be fixed and they'll be happy to do it because they get paid by GM. And if you got the manual you would have got a cheaper transmission and probably have much more problems down the line. The autos don't cost more for no reason. Search up the manual tranny on these camaros and you'll find out why.
- Kooks high flow cats - Borla atak 2.5" cat back exhaust - Dyno tune - AFM delete - 94 octane tune - Vitesse paddle shifters - Blacked out rims - Costum painted engine cover - T3 stripes - GM locking gas cap
SuperSport2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:03 PM   #20
San2cci

Drives: 2013 silver ice metallic ZL1
I had an issue like this; there was a weird tapping noise at low speeds. I recently had replaced my springs/sway bars so I thought it was that. Went under and retightened everything. Even a dealer couldnt pin-point it. Turns out it was the fender liner had too much play around one of the retainer clips so I used a small piece of double sided 3m tape, punch a hole in it and put that behnid the fender liner then put the clip through it. Solved the problem! I doubt this is your problem but it just goes to show it could be the smallest thing.
San2cci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:08 PM   #21
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by benji1997 View Post
Apex Chase...except for the wheels and the (sigh) girl, that looks like my car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
I'm not concerned about the wheels, where do you get that other option installed at?
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:08 PM   #22
Jebario

Drives: 2013 SS/RS Black/Inferno Orange
Think there's a TSB out about that. Mine did the same thing. Slow speed, knocking noise from front end. The service dept showed me a printout from GM saying this is "normal." If it's any consolation my '13 2SS doesn't make that noise any more, seemed to so away after the first 2k miles or so.

Jeff
Jebario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:42 PM   #23
blackswan

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
Quote:
Well, I bought my 2013 2SS on May 10th, I bought it about 3.5 hours away from where I live. After only having it a couple days it developed a clunking noise in the front suspension at around 300 miles on the odometer. It is probably best described as more of a rattle or popping noise that only occurred at low speeds (is not present at road speed). I was able to isolate the problem to the front struts. It was very prevalent at low speeds (3-10mph) and you could even replicate it by pushing down on the car while parked and hear it and feel it on the top of the strut retaining plate. I took it to a closer dealer about 40 miles away from home. They found a bulletin for 2013 models that stated there was a problem with the struts and to replace them. Last Tuesday they replaced both struts and performed an alignment at around 550 miles. All seemed OK until today at about 800 miles and the clunking is back and is just as prevalent as before.

I'm going to take it back again, but I feel bad taking it to a dealer that I didn't buy from. I'm so perturbed and concerned this will be a constant battle that I really want to take it back to the selling dealer and get a different car. They have one in stock exactly like mine except it is a manual. Would this be possible or would I lose a bunch of money even though i'm still at less than 1000 miles?

Anybody else experience this issue?? Any advice appreciated.
Yes, me. :(

It's very annoying and really detracts from an otherwise enjoying ride. My solution was the new Rush album
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:46 PM   #24
blackswan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Don't feel bad. Dealerships get paid by GM to do warranty work, they are not doing it out of their own pocket. Truth be told, dealerships don't make a ton of money selling new cars. They call it "pushing metal". They make their money in the service department.
Interestingly, the dealer that tried to cure my clunky front end said they won't get paid ENOUGH to do this level of warranty work.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:48 PM   #25
Est.July.4.1776
The pride of the CN

Drives: '13 AGM 2SS/RS M6 & '70 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswan View Post
Yes, me. :(

It's very annoying and really detracts from an otherwise enjoying ride. My solution was the new Rush album
Another Rush fan. Love it!

Class 1 Freight Rail Conductor - Master Mason - NRA Life Member - Tennessee Squire - Firefighter I & II Certified

My other ride has 4,400+hp and corners like it's on rails... because it is.
Est.July.4.1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:49 PM   #26
blackswan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Greetings Dustin,

Sorry to hear about the clunking noise, though I'd be more than happy to assist in this matter. Feel free to send me a PM and reference this thread. I look forward to your contact!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Hi William,

May I ask what exactly will you will be able to do for him? I'm serious and sincere as Brandon, and Jeff before him, offered similar help for my front end clunk, but I wasn't sure exactly what was done.

Thank you.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:52 PM   #27
blackswan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Est.July.4.1776 View Post
Another Rush fan. Love it!
Love it/them. The new album is amazing and really quiets the clunk

Bought time they made it into the Hall Of Fame... blah blah blah...

Back to the thread ...
Old 06-02-2013, 07:04 PM   #28
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswan View Post
Hi William,

May I ask what exactly will you will be able to do for him? I'm serious and sincere as Brandon, and Jeff before him, offered similar help for my front end clunk, but I wasn't sure exactly what was done.

Thank you.
Greetings blackswan,

That is a good question. It is a question that has no definitive answer since it is our priority to examine each concern on a case-by-case basis to determine the best course of action to take on a customer's behalf. If you've had a case with us previously, I would be happy to investigate and possibly let you know what assistance was provided to you. Just send me a message at your earliest convenience .

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care