Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 01-19-2009, 08:46 PM   #15
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireresq157 View Post
That sucks but at the same time a few years ago when the Canadian dollar was around .60 cents US it was the complete oposite , I remember seing a report on Canadians paying up to 8000 less than US buyers for cars made in the US. Wish things would always be fair.

Buy low sell high
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:28 PM   #16
bob2the2nd

Drives: CGM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRay View Post
Also you will get up to $7500 Tax break if the Bill passes
what bill?

I know about the one that would be 7500 for the volt (electric cars), but i havent heard of one for any car
bob2the2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:42 PM   #17
kdbolt70

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob2the2nd View Post
what bill?

I know about the one that would be 7500 for the volt (electric cars), but i havent heard of one for any car
This is not like the "plug in electric vehicle" bill where you get a $7500 rebate. It is a $7500 deduction on your taxes they are offering. So $7500 if your income becomes tax free. This number decreases every 90 days, I believe.
2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
kdbolt70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:47 AM   #18
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbolt70 View Post
This is not like the "plug in electric vehicle" bill where you get a $7500 rebate. It is a $7500 deduction on your taxes they are offering. So $7500 if your income becomes tax free. This number decreases every 90 days, I believe.
I haven't heard about this. Details?
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:02 AM   #19
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
I haven't heard about this. Details?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbolt70 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob2the2nd View Post
what bill?

Read this thead for some details and for a link to the details of the bill - http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11732
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:44 AM   #20
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
not confirmed
I never said it was.. I said that if the interior lighting is canceled, then we SHOULD get a price adjustment in the order since we all DID PAY for it.. Not doing so is simply robbery and falsely advertising a feature and making you pay for it when not actually including it. I think that is called "false advertising" regardless if GM had every intention to include it in the first place..So again, if the interior lighting is canceled, the full price of the item canceled should be discounted when we go to pay for it once the car arrives... Remember not just the cost of the item, but projected installation cost as well..

Last edited by Supermans; 01-20-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:52 AM   #21
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
I never said it was.. I said that if the interior lighting is canceled, then we SHOULD get a price adjustment in the order since we all DID PAY for it.. Not doing so is simply robbery and falsely advertising a feature and making you pay for it when not actually including it. I think that is called "false advertising" regardless if GM had every intention to include it in the first place..So again, if the interior lighting is canceled, the full price of the item canceled should be discounted when we go to pay for it once the car arrives...
Sorry I was tired when I replied and must have read it wrong. I had gotten the impression that you wrote it as There should be a decrease because there is no Ambient Lighting.

I hate posts like that because then people run with them and freak out and make 42 new posts whining about it, and confirming your words as fact.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 01:34 PM   #22
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
Sorry I was tired when I replied and must have read it wrong. I had gotten the impression that you wrote it as There should be a decrease because there is no Ambient Lighting.

I hate posts like that because then people run with them and freak out and make 42 new posts whining about it, and confirming your words as fact.
No harm done, I'm just trying to watch the backs of all of us who placed pre-orders. I also am the one who said that if you order the RS package and the polished rims, whatever the price difference between the standard rims and midnight silver rims should be discounted as well as an incentive to upgrade to the polished rims and or to simply be fair since that is a part of the RS package that we are paying for yet it is not included when upgrading to polished rims. However this also hasn't happened yet and looks like it never will..
Old 01-20-2009, 10:24 PM   #23
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
No harm done, I'm just trying to watch the backs of all of us who placed pre-orders. I also am the one who said that if you order the RS package and the polished rims, whatever the price difference between the standard rims and midnight silver rims should be discounted as well as an incentive to upgrade to the polished rims and or to simply be fair since that is a part of the RS package that we are paying for yet it is not included when upgrading to polished rims. However this also hasn't happened yet and looks like it never will..
Exactly why I'm not getting RS... I want polished rims.... $1200 for headlights? No thanks....
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote