Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #1
McSleepyx9

Drives: 2012 SW 1LT
Window Tint

Quick questio, whats the legal limit window tint for a car? All windows except front window ofcurse..does anyone know?

And if its different for all states, I want to know for Massachusetts. Can someone help me find out? Dont want to end up getting the 5% window tint for my camaro than be stopped constantly by a police...Thanks!
McSleepyx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:56 PM   #2
SS Product
Super Sport Productions

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS, SIM
35% is legal
Old 04-05-2012, 09:57 PM   #3
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSleepyx9 View Post
Quick questio, whats the legal limit window tint for a car? All windows except front window ofcurse..does anyone know?

And if its different for all states, I want to know for Massachusetts. Can someone help me find out? Dont want to end up getting the 5% window tint for my camaro than be stopped constantly by a police...Thanks!
when u see a cop roll down the windows, problem solved. tint it as dark as you want
Old 04-05-2012, 10:01 PM   #4
caliguy
Don't ask to pop my hood!

Drives: it's loud.......
Be kinda dumb, pouring down rain and your window(s) is down when a cop rolls buy or at a stop light LoL
Limo tint rears, 35% sides | B&G lowering springs | BowTies Blacked out | Red Footwells|Dome Light|Kicker 500Watts-Amp-Kicker 12" Ported Sub=BOOM| Stillin Splitter |Pssst 100 shot| 13.36 @102.7 @LVMS |
caliguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:04 PM   #5
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy View Post
Be kinda dumb, pouring down rain and your window(s) is down when a cop rolls buy or at a stop light LoL
im sure the cop will want to pull you over, get out of his cruiser in the pouring rain, and check how tinted your window are using their light meter all while its raining. ill take my chances
Old 04-05-2012, 10:11 PM   #6
caliguy
Don't ask to pop my hood!

Drives: it's loud.......
they dont use light meters here in cali, we can't have anything on our windows,( except the rear and rear passengers/drivers, but nothing on driver/pass, sides- fronts ) but we still do it LoL, and yes they will pull you over here in the rain no matter what! specialy the CHP's, thats if they feel like being a d!ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinjames View Post
im sure the cop will want to pull you over, get out of his cruiser in the pouring rain, and check how tinted your window are using their light meter all while its raining. ill take my chances
Limo tint rears, 35% sides | B&G lowering springs | BowTies Blacked out | Red Footwells|Dome Light|Kicker 500Watts-Amp-Kicker 12" Ported Sub=BOOM| Stillin Splitter |Pssst 100 shot| 13.36 @102.7 @LVMS |
caliguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:13 PM   #7
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy View Post
they dont use light meters here in cali, we can't have anything on our windows,( except the rear and rear passengers/drivers, but nothing on driver/pass, sides- fronts ) but we still do it LoL, and yes they will pull you over here in the rain no matter what! specialy the CHP's, thats if they feel like being a d!ck
damn that sucks. your laws are insane there.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:32 AM   #8
Meganinmycamaro

Drives: 2012chevy camaro
I got 15 cause idgad lol
Meganinmycamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:08 AM   #9
Xedes

Drives: 2011 Black RS/SS
My car is at the tinters shop now. I'm doing 18% all around. 35% seems to be a waste to me.
Xedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:31 AM   #10
One-Bad-ZL1
So easy to love Camaros

Drives: 2013 ZL1 VR #3457
Send a message via Yahoo to One-Bad-ZL1
Since our cars windows automatically come down about 1/2" upon openning the doors, how to the tinters get full coverage on those windows? Does the door panel have to come off?

Thinking of getting my done, but not sure if I should dismount the panels before bringing it in so they don't mess my car up.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:13 PM   #11
Xedes

Drives: 2011 Black RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by One-Bad-SS View Post
Since our cars windows automatically come down about 1/2" upon openning the doors, how to the tinters get full coverage on those windows? Does the door panel have to come off?

Thinking of getting my done, but not sure if I should dismount the panels before bringing it in so they don't mess my car up.
There's a way to index the windows with the doors open. A experience tinter will know how to do it. You basically open the door and then hit the latch to fool the car into thinking the door was closed and the window will go all the way up.

Last edited by Xedes; 04-07-2012 at 08:13 AM.
Xedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #12
CaryE1

Drives: Black 2011 2LT
Quote:

No trim or panels were removed when my windows were tinted. And the guys who did mine were quick. I didn't watch how they did it, but I had a problem with one window, and they removed the tint and had new stuff up in less than 1/2 hour.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:42 AM   #13
wadew2lt
U.S. Army Veteran

Drives: 2LT/RS SGM M6 Polished 20's
Quote:

Seems simple to me. Wouldn't it work to start the process with the door closed and then when you get so far up the window, open the door to finish. Am I missing something?
Old 04-07-2012, 06:21 AM   #14
SpkCamaro12

Drives: 2012 IOM 2LT RS - Traded In
Does any "good" tint shop have "limo" tint? OR what is the % of it?
TRADED IN - 2012 2LT RS - VMAX Throttle Body - MRT V1 - CAI - Trifecta Tune - Matching Interior Lightning (Footwells and Dome) - Sequential Taillights - Blacked out Front n Back Bowties - 228VX Train Horn

Traded for 2011 Corvette

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/7428/sig2gx.jpg
SpkCamaro12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
window tint legal limit camaro