Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-01-2013, 04:43 PM   #421
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I have no problem with the Z/28 but an LS7 option to a 1le would have sold more cars IMO.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:17 PM   #422
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by hognutz View Post
I have no problem with the Z/28 but an LS7 option to a 1le would have sold more cars IMO.
...and maybe...just MAYBE...that would have been a "problem"...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:47 PM   #423
Mikamaro
MikeNoMaro

Drives: A 2016 Challenger R/T M6 STP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
Sure it can be driven on the street, but with no amenities. I think they should have made this into a more streetable car. Drop in the ls7 and a few other goodies. The price could be in the 40's then.
NO.
Z/28 is the top of the crop track car, streatable.
Amenties are optional, they will be available to order.
You dont have the money? Buy and SS 1LE.

Track Day Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/mrgoodman2000/videos
Built #83817, Born January 18th, Christened June 11th 2010, Stolen October 3rd 2016.
Mikamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:29 PM   #424
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikamaro View Post
NO.
Z/28 is the top of the crop track car, streatable.
Amenties are optional, they will be available to order.
You dont have the money? Buy and SS 1LE.
+1K

I understand folks might be frustrated because this new Camaro hotness is priced out of reach for some, but I second your thoughts. Chevy swung for the fences on this one. I am guessing a lot of the negative thinking about the Z/28 -- and I've never seen a car that has polarized people like this one has -- will evaporate once GM starts publishing track times. Once the magazines get their first examples, and Road & Track does a 3-way comparison test between the Z/28, the C63 AMG Black Series, and the 911 GT3.

This car is going to stun a lot of folks, and is going to offer huge performance per dollar on a road course. Can we recreate some of that on our own? Sure -- but I'm really looking forward to using the Z/28 as a starting point. It has everything I'm looking for in a track-day car. Wonder what Pfadt has in mind for the Z/28? The mind boggles...
Old 04-02-2013, 01:45 AM   #425
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCamaro View Post
Nope. I didn't bash anyone and how exactly am I being offensive?

You can browse through plenty of threads and see folks getting bashed for their opinions. I'm not calling anyone out. I'm talking about a car and you are the one making comments about me.

"...people patting each other on the back.." that happens all the time around here, I wasn't referring specifically to this thread, just in general.

You can express your opinion without getting personal, that's a choice.
Oh, and you're not guilty of that and you make it sound as if it's a sin.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:39 AM   #426
KSCamaro

Drives: Still Looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
Oh, and you're not guilty of that and you make it sound as if it's a sin.
No, not really. It just makes it look like you don't want to hear any opinion other than your own.

69 Yenko and COPO had 427s.
2014 model year, make one of those your 45th anniversary track car.
Call it the Yenko S, the COPO S, call it Sally for all I care.

Keep the Z28 as an option package against the Boss.
The problem with that scenario ? It was blown out of the water when the 1LE came off the drawing board. Instead the Z was turned into something it never was. The 1LE with more HP, body and paint changes is what I would have liked to see for the Z/28. It's just my opinion, and it shouldn't upset anyone because "Hey Jack, you go what you wanted."

No, I don't want a 1LE with a Z/28 badge on it, before anyone starts that again.
You could just as easily mod any Camaro into your track toy and slap a Z/28 badge on it if you want.
That argument goes both ways so I see that as null and void.

I'd consider that more in line with the heritage of the car.
[sarcasm back on]
You may now return to your previously scheduled bashing.
KSCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:49 AM   #427
wadew2lt
U.S. Army Veteran

Drives: 2LT/RS SGM M6 Polished 20's
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post
They built the Z/28 just as it should be. If you add all the other crap then it's not a true Z/28..

If anything they left to much in it..

You have the ZL1 if you want the comfort and performance..

If you want the badge buy it and slap it on your car, it will be cheaper in the long run and just as fake if GM put in all the luxury crap..

I couldn't have said it better!
One only needs to read up on the history of the Z/28 to know that GM remained consistant with their build.
They did it RIGHT!
Old 04-02-2013, 04:50 AM   #428
Bad@ssCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCamaro View Post
No, not really. It just makes it look like you don't want to hear any opinion other than your own.

69 Yenko and COPO had 427s.
2014 model year, make one of those your 45th anniversary track car.
Call it the Yenko S, the COPO S, call it Sally for all I care.

Keep the Z28 as an option package against the Boss.
The problem with that scenario ? It was blown out of the water when the 1LE came off the drawing board. Instead the Z was turned into something it never was. The 1LE with more HP, body and paint changes is what I would have liked to see for the Z/28. It's just my opinion, and it shouldn't upset anyone because "Hey Jack, you go what you wanted."

No, I don't want a 1LE with a Z/28 badge on it, before anyone starts that again.
You could just as easily mod any Camaro into your track toy and slap a Z/28 badge on it if you want.
That argument goes both ways so I see that as null and void.

I'd consider that more in line with the heritage of the car.
[sarcasm back on]
You may now return to your previously scheduled bashing.
Do you have any plans of getting a Camaro? What are you looking for? Since in your Avatar you state you are still looking.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:51 AM   #429
Bad@ssCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadew2lt View Post

I couldn't have said it better!
One only needs to read up on the history of the Z/28 to know that GM remained consistant with their build.
They did it RIGHT!
Careful! you could be construed as "patting someone on the back".

Old 04-02-2013, 04:54 AM   #430
wadew2lt
U.S. Army Veteran

Drives: 2LT/RS SGM M6 Polished 20's
OOOOPS!
Old 04-02-2013, 05:56 AM   #431
SRT8Tech
2013 Super Bee

Drives: 2013 Super Bee
Here is something to think about for the guys who think this new Z car is not like the "original"......

What was the original ZL1 built for and how does the new "ZL1" compare?? Just a thought.

Now, quit yer bitchin.....LOL
2011 392 Challenger.........................SOLD
2012 mid 10 second 1/4 mile GT500.... SOLD

Current ride 100% stock 2013 Plum SuperBee............best of 12.407 @ 114.28 for now.

Tune, CAI and Drag radials. Best of 12.00 @ 115.74
SRT8Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:13 AM   #432
scnhra

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/SS White
Send a message via ICQ to scnhra
While we all debate the issue Track no Track no one can debate that if there was a 427 version that was drivable as a daily driver it would sale and sale well. The Z06 is an awesome car and sales very well for Chevy. If there was a car that was priced lower with the same type of performance the it would be a great compromise for the masses. My guess is let the new wear off of the Z/28 and let Chevy see profits would be great if the car had some iminities and wala we will have maybe a SS/RS 427 badge.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:23 AM   #433
racer50200

Drives: 2010 White 2SS/RS Camaro 6M
A few observations.

First, is the real issue here not that GM built this amazing car, but that they named it a "Z/28"?? If this car had been named the "2014 SuperSS" or "1LE Track Master" or anything else, I'm guessing we would not have the issues that we seem to have now??

Second, when GM built the COPO last year, was there the same amount of complaining about it not having a rocking stereo, heated seats, navigation, etc? Or was it OK because it was true to the COPO name and its design was consistent with its intended use (yes I know it is not street legal but trying to make a point here! Equipped consistent with its intended use.. )?

Third, I agree with others that hopefully in the future GM will offer some sort of 'Z28 option package' for the SS that will include many of the Z/28 features (not sure it will include the LS7) that will be more consistent with what many here were expecting from the Z/28. I sure loved my '96 SS Z28 with all of the factory/SLE upgrades!!

Finally, can we just go back to beating on the Mustangs instead of our beloved Camaros?? This is getting a little old.....!!
shark fin, AAC LED DRL's, Stainless Works
Headers and exhaust, Barton Flat Stick
Shifter, '69 SS emblems, ready for hp boost.....
Help your country.... Buy American Products!!
racer50200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:48 AM   #434
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
Sure it can be driven on the street, but with no amenities. I think they should have made this into a more streetable car. Drop in the ls7 and a few other goodies. The price could be in the 40's then.
Respectfully disagree.

Given the optional A/C that I now need for reasons involving heat stress, I could easily live with this car on a daily basis.

When the 1LE came out, it was pitched as a car for the "2%-ers". And if you weren't more hardcore than the other 98% that car simply wasn't the right Camaro for you.

The Z/28 is something like a 10%-er car out of that 2% 1LE buyer group. So if you're not in that very top quarter percent group, this car isn't for you. You buy it for what it is, not for what it does not have. It's OK if this does not meet everybody's idea of "acceptable value".

Chances are if you aren't in that very small group, you can't really see things from that perspective. Kind of like what the Harley guys would say . . . if you have to ask . . .

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote