Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 08-08-2009, 05:10 PM   #1
Blacc Mamba
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Martin Chevrolet

Has anybody ordered from Martin Chevrolet. who should i talk to
Blacc Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:40 PM   #2
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2017 2LT Hyper Blue Metallic Camaro
I've got a card at home from a salesman there..I might buy through him. He was honest and wasn't out to rip me off. Though the dealership has a markup..to which he told me to wait a few months to get my supplier discount and the markup would likely be gone.

I'll check it when I get off work and let you know his name.
Old 08-08-2009, 08:56 PM   #3
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

well i can't find the card, but if i remember right, his name is george tasker.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:51 AM   #4
Rtoups

Drives: RJT 2LT
I had the same experience as TripleB. Nice guys, but the car is marked up and they weren't offering GMS pricing, so I didn't order from them.

Little tidbit of info: I was the first person to test drive a Camaro at Martin Chevrolet. I called everyday for about a week, asking "Is the Camaro in yet?". Finally, they said yes, and I went in Saturday early in the morning and drove that Victory Red 2LT RS down Hawthorne like I owned it!

Had it not been for that experience, I probably would be in posession of some other car right now, and probably not posting on these forums.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:41 AM   #5
Blacc Mamba
SoCal HT5

I called the dealership earlier and i taked to a man named fred halls, he seemed real cool. he told me they had a v6 automatic, which is exactly what i was looking. So i tell him im on my way, when i got their i search every inch of thr lot and the camaro he described is nowhereto be found
I ask other sales man where he is and they wouldnt tell me
My father had to postpone his flight just to leave the dealership emptyhanded.
And me still without a camaro
Old 08-09-2009, 07:12 AM   #6
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

That sucks man, sorry. I noticed they list like 6 Camaros on their site as inventory, but they only had one when I went down there.

They let me test drive a CGM 2SS/RS with sunroof...someone ordered it and then backed out.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:22 PM   #7
Rtoups

I haven't passed by the dealer in awhile. Last time I was there, they had a RJT, don't know what trim level.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:15 PM   #8
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

If I remember right, kinda just checked out the color in person not what it had, it was for sure an SS/RS with white stripes.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:39 PM   #9
UCI CamaroFan
Zot!

Drives: Toyota 4Runner
I had visited a few months back to look at their selection. They had 4-5 cars for sale... including a few SS's. I saw some people getting test drives.

But, they were charging several thousand dollars above MSRP.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:19 PM   #10
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
If you wouldn't mind a drive, give Paradise Chevrolet in Temecula a shot to earn your business. They are loaded down with orders, but they have one of the largest allocations in the state. I was told to expect my car in September, but got her in July.

As of Friday, they are telling everyone to expect delivery around Christmas. If your willing to wait, I'm sure they will be offering GMS by then. Otherwise, the cars that actually hit the lot are marked up between $2-5K but don't last more then a day. It seems like they get a car every few days. I think they have sold 25 already. Great place to do business.

If you give them a call, ask for Becky (fleet sales manager). She will keep you updated on what is going on and when they are expecting another car. Here's the info.

Paradise Chevrolet Cadillac Temecula 27360 Ynez Road | Temecula, CA 92591
Tel: (951) 699-2699| Toll-Free: (800) 569-3715
Old 08-09-2009, 08:53 PM   #11
Blacc Mamba
SoCal HT5

Thanks ill call her

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
If you wouldn't mind a drive, give Paradise Chevrolet in Temecula a shot to earn your business. They are loaded down with orders, but they have one of the largest allocations in the state. I was told to expect my car in September, but got her in July.

As of Friday, they are telling everyone to expect delivery around Christmas. If your willing to wait, I'm sure they will be offering GMS by then. Otherwise, the cars that actually hit the lot are marked up between $2-5K but don't last more then a day. It seems like they get a car every few days. I think they have sold 25 already. Great place to do business.

If you give them a call, ask for Becky (fleet sales manager). She will keep you updated on what is going on and when they are expecting another car. Here's the info.

Paradise Chevrolet Cadillac Temecula 27360 Ynez Road | Temecula, CA 92591
Tel: (951) 699-2699| Toll-Free: (800) 569-3715
Old 08-11-2009, 11:24 PM   #12
casakal

Drives: 2010 SW 2SS/RS
I just ordered mine from the Internet Sales Manager (George Estrada) at Paradise Chevrolet. Great experience throughout. It was a bit of a trip for me, but it was worth it.

George was very responsive to my e-mail questions, and straightforward about pricing and such. It was quite a relief since I've had no luck with several other dealerships.

I live within 10 minutes of Martin Chevrolet in Torrance, CA. I go by there at least once a week to look at their Camaro lineup. I've test driven one there, and have been able to see a lot of the colors up close and personal. I met up with a decent sales guy and would have been glad to give them my business if it weren't for the $5,000 dealer addendum, $2,000 for Lo-Jack, and $1,000 for what I understand to be exterior/interior protectant. $8,000 over MSRP - no exceptions. I know it's their prerogative to price that way, but it just rubbed me wrong. Especially the forced Lo-Jack and protectant.

The salesman said he wasn't allowed to take orders at this point, so I'd have to wait for pricing to cool down before I could even make a move.

Plus - I know someone who has had a bad experience ordering a Camaro there. The kind of experience where they expected one price (MSRP), but once the car arrived, found that it was thousands more. I understand that's not the first time that's happened there.

Cormier Chevrolet in Carson, CA: I had such an unpleasant experience with a cocky salesman there - I didn't even make it out of the customer parking lot. I was admiring the one and only Camaro on the lot (Imperial Blue Metalic) from a distance when he approached me. He pointed out that nobody was selling them at MSRP. His attitude said it all: he didn't care one bit that I was: 1) a long-time Chevy customer, 2) was willing to spend my money on one of his cars. I will not be re-visiting Cormier for anything other than parts. (The parts guy is great.)

Seriously, I recommend George at Paradise Chevrolet for anyone close to the L.A. area. MSRP, no non-sense, friendly and helpful.
casakal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:11 AM   #13
Blacc Mamba
SoCal HT5

Quote:
Originally Posted by casakal View Post
I just ordered mine from the Internet Sales Manager (George Estrada) at Paradise Chevrolet. Great experience throughout. It was a bit of a trip for me, but it was worth it.

George was very responsive to my e-mail questions, and straightforward about pricing and such. It was quite a relief since I've had no luck with several other dealerships.

I live within 10 minutes of Martin Chevrolet in Torrance, CA. I go by there at least once a week to look at their Camaro lineup. I've test driven one there, and have been able to see a lot of the colors up close and personal. I met up with a decent sales guy and would have been glad to give them my business if it weren't for the $5,000 dealer addendum, $2,000 for Lo-Jack, and $1,000 for what I understand to be exterior/interior protectant. $8,000 over MSRP - no exceptions. I know it's their prerogative to price that way, but it just rubbed me wrong. Especially the forced Lo-Jack and protectant.

The salesman said he wasn't allowed to take orders at this point, so I'd have to wait for pricing to cool down before I could even make a move.

Plus - I know someone who has had a bad experience ordering a Camaro there. The kind of experience where they expected one price (MSRP), but once the car arrived, found that it was thousands more. I understand that's not the first time that's happened there.

Cormier Chevrolet in Carson, CA: I had such an unpleasant experience with a cocky salesman there - I didn't even make it out of the customer parking lot. I was admiring the one and only Camaro on the lot (Imperial Blue Metalic) from a distance when he approached me. He pointed out that nobody was selling them at MSRP. His attitude said it all: he didn't care one bit that I was: 1) a long-time Chevy customer, 2) was willing to spend my money on one of his cars. I will not be re-visiting Cormier for anything other than parts. (The parts guy is great.)

Seriously, I recommend George at Paradise Chevrolet for anyone close to the L.A. area. MSRP, no non-sense, friendly and helpful.

I live two blocks away from cormier, about a mile away from martin and after my first visits there asking about camaro were not very good impressions at all, i ultimately went to camino real
Old 08-12-2009, 01:14 AM   #14
Rtoups

I'll contact Paradise Chevrolet in Temecula. I have an order with Paradise Chevrolet in Ventura, but I'm like 30th in line for preorders. If the Temecula dealer can offer me GMS pricing, and get the car to me earlier, I'll change orders over.