Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-10-2023, 08:56 PM   #1
EricOsm

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Quiet clicking noise from rear end

The vehicle is a 2013 Chevrolet Camaro LS with a 3.6L engine and a manual transmission.

This weekend I pulled apart the rear end to change the rear differential because of a known issue with this gen of camaro. While back there I discovered the back right wheel bearing was bad and replaced both rear wheel bearings (and their hubs, because it's sold as an assembly).

I also pulled all 4 rotors, had them machined, and put on new brake pads. Torqued all 4 shoes to 75 lbft, and all 4 calipers to 30 lbft.

The sounds itself is a quiet clicking only when applying the brake. The clicking is more frequent with a harder brake, and maybe just a little bit louder. I think it's coming from the rear right but I can't tell for sure. The sound is more noticeable when stopping from 25+ miles an hour.

The brakes themselves feel normal, no squealing or anything like that, just the small clicking noise. The only other issue I had when putting everything back together was that the half axle on the driver's side didn't fit immediately into the new hub, but a little bit of pushing and grease got it in there without too much force.

Any idea what the noise could be? I assume it's something from the new brake parts, but I can't think of anything thst would make thst noise.
EricOsm is offline   Reply With Quote