Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-14-2008, 06:03 AM   #1
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Generic Letter to Dealers

I've finally decided to bite the bullet.

I am sending out emails to dealers today seeing where I can get the best deal. Was just wondering if anyone had any comments on the generic letter I'm sending out to try to get the best response.

"Good Morning. I'm contacting you because you were listed in the enthusiast's forum, Camaro5.com, as a dealer selling for MSRP or under. After pricing was released yesterday, I believe I am ready to order. Since your allocation is the estimated number of units to be received through 3Q09, I was wondering if you had already fulfilled your allotment. If not, I would be extremely interested in hearing from you. Also, I would like to know if you will be accepting GM Employee or Supplier discounts.

Thank you for your time."

After hearing some of your stories, I hope some of them even know the Camaro is being sold!!! Also not too confident that I'll find MSRP or less in the tri-state area due to the number of people here that will pay up the nose for anything. Guess we'll see...
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:17 AM   #2
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Good luck with that....

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:29 AM   #3
Croathlete
Danny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txturbo View Post
Good luck with that....
Is that supposed to be sarcastic?
Old 10-14-2008, 07:00 AM   #4
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post

I am sending out emails to dealers today seeing where I can get the best deal. Was just wondering if anyone had any comments on the generic letter I'm sending out to try to get the best response.

"Good Morning. I'm contacting you because you were listed in the enthusiast's forum, Camaro5.com, as a dealer selling for MSRP or under. After pricing was released yesterday, I believe I am ready to order. Since your allocation is the estimated number of units to be received through 3Q09, I was wondering if you had already fulfilled your allotment. If not, I would be extremely interested in hearing from you. Also, I would like to know if you will be accepting GM Employee or Supplier discounts.

After hearing some of your stories, I hope some of them even know the Camaro is being sold!!! Also not too confident that I'll find MSRP or less in the tri-state area due to the number of people here that will pay up the nose for anything. Guess we'll see...
Hey Man, I'm on LI and I have my order in at my local dealer, Paul Conte Chevrolet in Freeport. They are selling for MSRP but I'm pretty sure their first allotment is almost spoken for. The Sales manager was telling me that people are calling and asking what place in line is available there and then either signing on or saying they will call elsewhere. I'd start doing that, only because now that word is out it can be ordered, by the time an email gets answered you will likely be too late.

Good Luck. I got my spot since I went there in June and put down a deposit.
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:12 AM   #5
Croathlete
Danny

Appreciate the info. I'll give them a call later this morning.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:13 AM   #6
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post

Let us know how things turn out and if any of the Dealers on the list changed there story…

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:17 AM   #7
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Good luck!

I found my dealer via the internet when ordering the SS. I'm not sure how easy it will be for you, what with the allocations, etc., but keep at it and let us know how you made out.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:20 AM   #8
Croathlete
Danny

Already got one call back promising MSRP with one allocation left, but no GM Employee or Supplier discounts. This might not be too bad after all...
Old 10-14-2008, 01:12 PM   #9
Tantalizer43

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I sent out the same thing in July.

Mine basically said , Do you have list?, what is required to join? and what were their pricing intentions.

Of course at the time, ordering info wasnt released, neither was pricing.

So now that all the pieces of the puzzle are in front of you, you are probably best off to call some local dealers and find out if they mark up, do they require a deposit and is it 100% refundable.

Good Luck!!!!!
Old 10-14-2008, 02:48 PM   #10
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
I sent out a lot of emails before too, and never recieved any back. Good Luck, but I would call if i were you.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:50 PM   #11
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
You'll need to be very patient. The dealer here, Crown Chevrolet, is demanding a non-refundable $1,000 deposit and claims to have an allocation of 1 Camaro.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:49 PM   #12
LAW Camaro #3

Drives: 2011 2LT IBM,6-speed manual
Just came across this picture of the pinkcamaro. This is awesome! I'm waiting for my IBM 2011 to arrive.
LAW Camaro #3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:57 PM   #13
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
WAITING FOR THE LETTER.... bwhahahahahahaha
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:09 PM   #14
camaro692

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, G8 GT, HD FLHRX
This thread is funny. "only one allottment" hahahah then GM made 100k camaros! Boy id be pissed if I would have paid a ADM