Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-22-2019, 04:55 PM   #15
neil4374

Drives: Camaro SS 2011 L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbesman View Post
Had mine 2 years. Not a single issue or code. I dial it up and down routinely per driving situation.
Thanks for the advice
Old 05-22-2019, 08:24 PM   #16
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff657756 View Post
You will install it, like it for a few days/weeks then it will likely start throwing codes and putting you in limp mode. Then you will sell it. A tune can get you close to the same response and would likely give you less of a headache.
A tune will get you no where near the response. Not even close.

I recently removed my throttle controller for a few days to let the car learn my new stage 2 ported throttle body. While the throttle body made a bigger difference than the tune initially did, I still re-installed the TC to get that near instant response back. Night and day difference. Keep in mind, you will likely get a tune eventually anyway, but it is not going to allow the adjustments that the TC will, so you can get what setting is right for you.

No issue with mine, 3 years running now. But there are other brands besides Vitesse now for the Camaro.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 08:34 PM   #17
neil4374

Drives: Camaro SS 2011 L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
A tune will get you no where near the response. Not even close.

I recently removed my throttle controller for a few days to let the car learn my new stage 2 ported throttle body. While the throttle body made a bigger difference than the tune initially did, I still re-installed the TC to get that near instant response back. Night and day difference. Keep in mind, you will likely get a tune eventually anyway, but it is not going to allow the adjustments that the TC will, so you can get what setting is right for you.

No issue with mine, 3 years running now. But there are other brands besides Vitesse now for the Camaro.
Thanks for the advice
Old 05-22-2019, 08:44 PM   #18
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6
i have one. practically brand new.

if anyone wants it, give me $75 and its yours.....shipped

my neighbor had it on his before he traded the car in for a C6Z

i helped him get the car back to stock as best as possible and he gave me the little odds and ends

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Bone Stock
sixty9fordkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 09:34 PM   #19
SSx2JAMES

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS + 2010 Camaro SS
how old is this controller. mine recently went out.
SSx2JAMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 09:37 PM   #20
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

i dont know. ill have to ask him.

Bone Stock
Old 05-26-2019, 08:26 PM   #21
Provadan

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS/RS
I took mine out today. I have had it in for 2 years. The reason I took it out was because it often surged erratically on acceleration. Like a person who didn’t know how to drive stick. But I Drive an auto. It was embarrassing more than once. Took it off. Problem solved so far. It might just be my car. If it works for you, more power to you!
Provadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 04:45 PM   #22
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provadan View Post
I took mine out today. I have had it in for 2 years. The reason I took it out was because it often surged erratically on acceleration. Like a person who didn’t know how to drive stick. But I Drive an auto. It was embarrassing more than once. Took it off. Problem solved so far. It might just be my car. If it works for you, more power to you!
Yea man, it definitely can be a problem. But it can be controlled by simply turning down the sensitivity and being more aware of your throttle placement. It is made worse by trying to be super precise/soft on launches, with minimal throttle input. It never happens when I mash it.

Try driving with work boots then it will really be insane!...Ask me how I know lol.

What happens is that the sensitivity of near instant throttle pulls your foot off the pedal. You then instinctively put your foot back and add more throttle, and from there it gets in a cycle of your foot falling off/adding more throttle until it gets out of control and you look like a teenage girl learning to drive manual. Before my stage 2 ported throttle body, I drove around exclusivity on SP9. After the install of the PTB, I had to turn it down to SP5 max, as it was just too sensitive. I tried taking the TC off for a week and it was just too damn unresponsive for me, even after the PTB.

It is completely controllable though. Just gotta dial it down on the TC. But i totally understand how embarrassing it can be as it ALWAYS happened at the worst times...Like when I had a Mustang or Challenger next to me.

I will try and get some dash cam footage of it happening for those that haven't experienced it.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 05:11 PM   #23
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSx2JAMES View Post
how old is this controller. mine recently went out.
he just texted me back. said he didnt remember exactly but it wasnt more than 5 months

Bone Stock