Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 08-22-2015, 02:11 PM   #1
Lynly101p

Drives: 2010 Cammed Camaro SS
ATTENION CAMMED CAMAROS!

Okay so I have a 2010 Camaro 2SS I bought it already built with a cam(I do not know what kind of cam but it is big the whole car will shake at idle) borla exhaust shorty headers intake and tune. Well today I took it to the dyno and its got 423HP and 408 TQ to the rear wheels, now my tune is a little off but nothing major. Now I posted on Camaro Owners 5th gen on Facebook and everyone is bashing my car saying that it should be making more power and "oh my car had exhaust and intake and has 450 to rwhp" yea I know people talk out of their ass a lot but was just wondering for a cammed car is this good or bad
Lynly101p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 02:32 PM   #2
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Completely depends on the dyno. And weather. And "correction factor" on said dyno.

Dyno numbers can really only be compared to that exact same physical dyno, and no others.
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 02:55 PM   #3
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Auto vs Stick also makes lower #s, but a mustang dyno reads lower, most use dynojet (SAE Smooth 5 correction factor). #'s can change. What kind of cam do you have? #'s vary from day to day and dyno to dyno...

shibbs is 100% -- done on the same dyno on the same day will give you a better picture (before and after and make sure you tune is correct for the specs you have)...

BTW, this will probably be moved to a new section as its not directly a 'build' thread...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 03:01 PM   #4
Lynly101p

Drives: 2010 Cammed Camaro SS
Idk about the cam as I bought it already cammed, but it was on a dyno dynamics
Lynly101p is offline   Reply With Quote