Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-09-2010, 08:24 AM   #15
gr8daneh
460 RWHP 420 RWTQ

Drives: 2SS/RS - IBM LS3 M6
For the guys considering twelves, I am almost blowing my back window out already depending on the song. You would be surprised what the tens can do...
Old 07-09-2010, 01:47 PM   #16
Tigertrj

Drives: White Camaro 2SS/RS
i was gonna ask u how it was sounding i prob go with the tens now since u said that
Tigertrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:21 AM   #17
Gunmetal

Drives: Cyber Grey 1SS/RS w/Body Kit
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMX85 View Post
Great clean install! I have a similar setup with dual mtx jackhammer 12's and I just put in my new jackhammer 600.1 mono amp which has its own active cooling fans since the cheap kenwood I had was a pos. Looks awesome though! Anybody on the fence here about the box, harness, or setup in general should just go for it, you will not be dissapointed!
I have that amp as well. I plan on pushing one Alpine type-x 10 in the oversize ******** side kit. Is that amp strong?
Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:46 PM   #18
Topdown
The wait is over!

Drives: 2010 Camaro, IOM, L99, Auto
for setting your crossover frequencies - as a rule of thumb, start at 100hz and start playing music. adjust the crossover down to 80, 63, 50, etc... and then back... and leave it where you feel it plays the cleanest/best.

I usually tune my mids/highs, then when they are set, tune my sub to blend with them, usually starting at or just below the crossover point I have set for my mids. The mids in my Tacoma are BEEFY and I have them crossed over at 80hz (roughly). the subs I have crossed over at 60hz with a very small bass boost at 50hz, which reaches up and blends very well with the mids without overpowering them.

AlphaDamp CLD Mat - Get more Sound Deadening with less Sound Deadener
Topdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:50 PM   #19
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
I ran my Bass control knob on the passenger side all the way to the same location. No issues at all...

Thanks for the suggestion of the center though Steve! I didn't think of that at the time ;(

Great job OP!
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:10 PM   #20
LiveStrong

Drives: 2012 Transformers Edition - 2SS/M6
I would be interested in seeing a pic of the bass control knob location. Trying to get an idea of how it would look. Thanks!
LiveStrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:14 PM   #21
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
See Post #53 in my journal: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...t=41212&page=2
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote